Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hi currently at level 85 with a similar build as a dagger reave duelist.

Here's my currently build http://goo.gl/xpsLGo

and my gear

Spoiler

which puts me at these stats

Spoiler

I'm on Nemesis which explains why I went for 5k hp. I'm however wondering if I should remove some HP nodes and cap my block and try to get spell block instead? I have a Stone of Lazhwar I could swap in and have enough currency to buy either Rainbowstrides or a Rathpith. Just looking for general suggestions if I should change anything and what to look for in terms of gear.
"
helgi wrote:
Hi currently at level 85 with a similar build as a dagger reave duelist.

Here's my currently build http://goo.gl/xpsLGo

and my gear

Spoiler

which puts me at these stats

Spoiler

I'm on Nemesis which explains why I went for 5k hp. I'm however wondering if I should remove some HP nodes and cap my block and try to get spell block instead? I have a Stone of Lazhwar I could swap in and have enough currency to buy either Rainbowstrides or a Rathpith. Just looking for general suggestions if I should change anything and what to look for in terms of gear.

Hi man, I wouldn't change anything with your spec as it seems to be working well for you. If you start having trouble with spell bosses - I recommend you get Saffell's Frame to swap for bosses for your spell block. However you will not be able to block regular attacks with Saffell's. If you want to play harder, riskier maps - then ideally you will want to cap your block and get a lot of spell block. However since Nemesis league is ending soon, I would just stick with what you have.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 18, 2014, 11:12:44 AM
Hello,

I'm very fond of this build, I follow this post for a long time and I'm actually trying a build like this.
I'm actually level 31. I can't really realize if i'm doin'g right with my idea or not.I'm actually playing with Lighting Strike + Multistrike + LMP and add cold dmg (waiting for Blind). The problem I have to solve is about mana.

All this piece of gear don't help to see if my option is viable or not.
Spoiler

(I'm levelling a double strike and melee splash gems on a side weapons, if a lightning strike option become unrealistic.)

I have a few questions:

*Is a build like this viable with Lightning strike?
*If it is, is reaching Static blows and Purity of Flesh, by Deep Thoughs (witch's tree)a good idea?
* Is Mind over Matter interesting with this build?

Thanks to the OP for his help, and all of you for your attention.
Last edited by Garbapp on Jan 19, 2014, 2:37:24 PM
"
Garbapp wrote:
Hello,

I'm very fond of this build, I follow this post for a long time and I'm actually trying a build like this.
I'm actually level 31. I can't really realize if i'm doin'g right with my idea or not.I'm actually playing with Lighting Strike + Multistrike + LMP and add cold dmg (waiting for Blind). The problem I have to solve is about mana.

All this piece of gear don't help to see if my option is viable or not.
Spoiler

(I'm levelling a double strike and melee splash gems on a side weapons, if a lightning strike option become unrealistic.)

I have a few questions:

*Is a build like this viable with Lightning strike?
*If it is, is reaching Static blows and Purity of Flesh, by Deep Thoughs (witch's tree)a good idea?
* Is Mind over Matter interesting with this build?

Thanks to the OP for his help, and all of you for your attention.

Hi, your mana issues could be because you are using Lightning Strike - half your physical damage is being converted to lightning damage so all the mana leech based on physical attack gear you have is working on less physical damage than you think. Try getting some mana regen (Clarity) or switching to a more physical attack like Double Strike. Get +mana items so your mana pool is bigger.

This build can work with Lightning Strike if you like. But you do not need LMP or Added Cold Damage with Lightning Strike. I recommend these links:
Lightning Strike -> Multistrike -> Melee Physical Damage -> Life Gain on Hit -> Faster Attacks -> Added Fire Damage / Weapon Elemental Damage
Try and get the Lightning Damage node by the Shadow as well to further increase your DPS.

The witch area is too far on this build. You will need to redo the tree and maybe start as Shadow to get to the Witch's side for those nodes. However the Witch has very little block nodes, so you will have to go over to the Templar side (since Duelist is too far) for the block nodes. If you really want to do Lightning Strike - I recommend you check out the Duelist or Shadow forums to see what build you can adapt to this one.

Mind Over Matter is interesting for damage reduction, however this build is very mana hungry so it is impossible for us to reliably get the benefit from Mind Over Matter.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 20, 2014, 8:46:33 PM
Very interested in this build however after reading the last 10 or so pages of this thread I realised alot of players are having mana problem without using Soul Taker.

I am begin to wonder is Soul Taker is mandatory for this build?

Cos I have a decent axe on my IB Marauder and was wondering if I should use it or get a ST instead?

Also, if using a 6L chest, would it be a pure EVA? or EVA/ARM? Have a 6L Eva/ES in statsh but I reckoned that doesn't really work? What's the best option?

Any advice?
IGN - Duck_Ya
Hey,
just respecced into this from a bow ranger, lvl 77 so far and loving it.

"
Shabi wrote:
I have 4% mana leech from gear and I'm still running into some mana issues with sustaining Double Strike. I'm running Tempest Shield and Hatred with a 20 reduced mana. Any ideas? I don't want to run Clarity on mana or on BM gem.

I run this build fine without Soul Taker, just with mana leech on ring. About 8k dps with abyssus and 5L chest. If mana leech on gear doesn't do it for you, you might consider going for the mana leech node near the shadow starting point.
Hi all, this thread has gotten very large at 50 pages. I know it is a pain to read but a lot of the same questions keep coming up. I consolidated all the mana tips into one post a few pages back. I will add this to the main guide.

I will also create a summary "Index" which basically gives a short description of discussion in each page. Something like:

"Pages 5-7 - discussion on dodge and armor". Something like that.

Hopefully people will find that useful. One thing I find daunting about other guides with a lot of pages on discussion is that I have no idea what issues have been raised or the trend the build has taken, and very few people have time to read 20+ pages.

There has been a lot of excellent discussion in this thread on armor, dodge, low life, alternative skills, trigger gems, curses, patch changes etc. So a TOC of some sort will help newcomers quickly get context on the build and easily reference key discussions.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 21, 2014, 8:23:51 PM
Index below with links! Hope this his helpful for you all, especially newcomers. Let me know if you think anything should be added.I tried to summarize the key points of discussion/observation on each page. You can easily search this as well, i.e. if you want to find out key discussion/findings on Dominating Blow / Armor / Patch changes - just Ctrl-F this index for "Dominating", "Armor", "Patch", etc. I will add to the main guide.

Index

Page 1 - Guide, FAQ, changelog, initial tips for hardcore
Page 2 - Blood Dance boots suggestion, Crystal Skin nodes discussion, level 71 - 74 map videos
Page 3 - Mana leech, hardcore ideas
Page 4 - How to attain max block and max spell block simultaneously with Rathpith, level 77 map videos added
Page 5 - Evolution of the build and how I developed the character, Low Life Righteous Fire with Dodge discussion, armor discussion
Page 6 -7 - Armor vs. Evasion + Life/Survivability + Dodge discussion, hardcore tree variant, Duelist variant, level 76 map video added
Page 8 -9 - Ghost Reaver, Dodge debate, level 76 map video added
Page 10 - Frenzy, mana leech - Slitherpinch gloves
Page 11 - Mana free build variant with multiple auras (using Prism Guardian), highlight video and level 74 map video added
Page 12 -13 - Alternatives to using Bringer of Rain, speculation on new trigger gems, further discussion on determining if Dodge is worth it
Page 14 - Path 1.0.0. notes discussion (trigger gems, reduction in shield defenses from tree, nerf to Soul Taker, nerf to Rainbowstrides, aura mana reservation increased and aura effects increased, Dodge buffed), Temporal Chains
Page 15 - Temporal Chains, effect of 1.0.0. comments
Page 16 -17 - Level 78 map discussion, tips for new players to the build
Page 18 - Mana leech discussion. Update on tests: Temporal Chains vs. Enfeeble, Dodge, Cast When Damage Taken. Switch to Leap Slam from Flicker Strike
Page 19 - Level 72, 75, and 78 map videos added
Page 21 - Discussion on weakness of the build. Use of Lori's Lantern
Page 22 - Dominating blow demonstration and feedback as alternative skill
Page 23 - Patch 1.0.1 notes discussion (Cast When Damage Taken nerf, Enfeeble nerf). Scion path suggestion. Why link CWDT to Temporal Chains and keep Enfeeble separate
Page 24 - Low-life build speculation
Page 25 - Experience with hard hitting bosses. Feedback from Nemesis users on the build. Thief's Torment suggestion for mana
Page 26 - Cast on Melee kill discussion, slight changes to the tree I made for level 88, Temple Piety tips
Page 27-28 - Saffell's Frame build, incorporating armor into the build
Page 29 - a little discussion on legacy Soul Taker and mana
Page 30 - Evasion vs. armor discussion, Bringer of Rain benefits
Page 31 - Evasion entropy counter, list of mana tips, how Cast When Damage Taken does not really fit with this build
Page 32 - Double Strike tooltip DPS change (later reverted by GGG), Level 76 Academy map boss tips
Page 33 - Magic-find and farming tips for good drops. Low-life build discussion
Page 34 - Cast When Damage Taken alternative (2x arc with Blind for those without Bringer of Rain). Low-life ES build theorycrafting. How this build is different from "tank" builds. Wings of Entropy variation. How to improve DPS
Page 35 - Low-life build discussion and findings. Wings of Entropy trees
Page 36 - Wings of Entropy possible build
Page 37 - Daresso's Courage vs. Atziri's Mirror. Dominating Blow tips. Converting build to armor. Tree up to level 100
Page 38 - Discussion on new incoming unique: Daresso's Defiance chest piece (high Dodge enabling item, but armor mod is wasted)
Page 39 - More Wings of Entropy discussion
Page 40 - Low-life build findings and observations on metagame. Diamond skin and Vaal Pact
Page 41 - New Level 72 Torture Chamber boss changes
Page 42 - Poorjoy's Asylum video added, level 76 Academy map video added + tips. Briskwarp (new low-level evasion chest piece) - early item suggestion. Temporal Chains + Enhance + Chill observations
Page 44 - Late 90 level trees, variants of the build (Ghost Reaver + LGOH build; Saffell's Frame build). Chaos resistance and chaos damage
Page 45-46 - Armor in the metagame, mana tips, new unique for leveling (Screaming Eagle)
Page 47 - Using build without Bringer of Rain. Cyclone tips
Page 48 - Consolidated mana tips. Key gems for quality. Level 72 Torture Chamber map video added for Dominating Blow. Experiences on Reave
Page 49 - Evasion vs. armor in the metagame. Dual Wield/Wings of Entropy build suggestions
Page 50 - Tips for Lightning Strike
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 21, 2014, 8:36:27 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Hi, your mana issues could be because you are using Lightning Strike - half your physical damage is being converted to lightning damage so all the mana leech based on physical attack gear you have is working on less physical damage than you think. Try getting some mana regen (Clarity) or switching to a more physical attack like Double Strike. Get +mana items so your mana pool is bigger.

This build can work with Lightning Strike if you like. But you do not need LMP or Added Cold Damage with Lightning Strike. I recommend these links:
Lightning Strike -> Multistrike -> Melee Physical Damage -> Life Gain on Hit -> Faster Attacks -> Added Fire Damage / Weapon Elemental Damage
Try and get the Lightning Damage node by the Shadow as well to further increase your DPS.

The witch area is too far on this build. You will need to redo the tree and maybe start as Shadow to get to the Witch's side for those nodes. However the Witch has very little block nodes, so you will have to go over to the Templar side (since Duelist is too far) for the block nodes. If you really want to do Lightning Strike - I recommend you check out the Duelist or Shadow forums to see what build you can adapt to this one.

Mind Over Matter is interesting for damage reduction, however this build is very mana hungry so it is impossible for us to reliably get the benefit from Mind Over Matter.

Hi, I went to the same issue, so I've stopped using LS and switch to Reave. All my mana problems were instantly solved.
I paly reave links to Melee phy dmg, multistrike and blind. I've bought Rime Gaze Helmet ( ), wich combine with Reave. So, I'll certainly take Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics 'cause I will have 2 pieces of gear (helmet and boots) without any evasion, 'til I farm enough to buy a BoR.

Thanks for your answer and your index.
Hi! Nice build im using it and works pretty solid with cheap gear. Id like to add something to this discussion:

- Is it possible to use a damage over time main skill modifing the tree (viper strike + melee splash + multistrike)? How would you do it? I'd give it a try for sure, but im pretty new so i dont have enough gear to try it on maps.

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info