ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

I'm using reave linked with multistrike,added fire damage,life leech until I get a soul taker. DPS is slightly better than double strike & mana cost is under 50
"
siclop7 wrote:
i tried gained more 3k dps, but mana issue is unplayabe =/, i think this build is good only
for soultaker

Siclop you are using Cyclone which has a very high mana cost. I tried to mention this in my guide when I posted the test videos:
Cyclone
Frenzy
Dominating Blow
These are all very high mana cost skills, and can only be used with this build if you have great mana regen or use Soul Taker / Blood Magic.

I have been adding mana tips to the guide. There are a lot of pages in this discussion, so I have tried to summarize the key suggestions for mana below, hope these help:

Mana Tips
1. Increase physical DPS so you can leech more
2. Increase size of mana pool so you can leech faster (aim for 600+ mana pool) as the rate of mana leech is capped based on a % of your mana pool. Do this by investing in Intelligence, +Mana, and if necessary mana passives on the tree - i.e. Mana Flows node (very close on build - 2 nodes away)
3. Get mana leech on gear, have +% mana leech on mana flask
4. Run Clarity for mana regen
5. If necessary improve mana regen by getting passives on tree - i.e. Mental Acuity (1 node away on build), Primal Spirit (2 nodes away on build)
6. Reduce attack speed by using a slower weapon
7. Reduce attack speed by removing attack speed nodes
8. Reduce attack speed and mana cost by removing gem links (i.e. using 5L instead of 6L)
9. Use Thief's Torment ring for Mana Gain on Hit
10. Use lower level Double Strike for lower mana cost
11. Use Blood Magic gem for curses and movement skills like Leap Slam etc.

I know mana can be an issue which is why it is listed as first in "Issues to Consider" section. However, there are many people doing the build without Soul Taker.

Anyway hope the above tips help!

EDIT:
Also - sometimes I see people with high quality Double Strike gem. You do not need quality for Double Strike gem, all that is doing is increasing your attack speed which is making your mana issue worse. Key gems to quality are Melee Splash and Enfeeble - that is really all you need.

If you are starting build from scratch and plan to go to high level and are looking to get as much performance as you can, then I recommend you buy level 1, 20% quality gems for the following that you can use early on and keep with you as you level. By the time you get to level 80+ the gems will be reaching level 20 20% quality gems. In order of priority:

- Melee Splash (quality increases your AOE)
- Enfeeble (quality increases % reduction to accuracy of enemies)
----
- Added Fire Damage (quality increases damage, this is great for your single target)
- Life Gain on Hit (quality increases life gained on hit)
- Multistrike (quality increases physical damage)
----
- Temporal Chains (great for spell bosses, quality increases the slow)
- Enhance (quality increases rate of EXP gain of Enhance - Enhance requires a LOT of EXP but it is very useful because it gives you a way to make gems linked to CWDT even more powerful (since they are usually limited in level by CWDT). You can also link it to a 20/20 Enfeeble to get up to 66% reduced accuracy from the Enfeeble gem.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 10, 2014, 11:45:43 PM
Hey man i was wondering how can i boost my dps since its about 15k and on higher lvl maps this dps is not that great,even sometimes it gives me feeling that im pretty weak...So i was wondering if i remove 'life gain on hit' and add 'melee physical dmg on full life' or 'added fire dmg' combined with 2% life leech gloves + 1 ring with 2% life leech and 'Vaal pact' and does these 4% life leech will be good enought or should i stick to Lgoh? With this set up my dps will go for up to 22k-23k+. And im sorry for my bad english :)
Last edited by martinmarov on Jan 11, 2014, 1:14:36 AM
"
martinmarov wrote:
Hey man i was wondering how can i boost my dps since its about 15k and on higher lvl maps this dps is not that great,even sometimes it gives me feeling that im pretty weak...So i was wondering if i remove 'life gain on hit' and add 'melee physical dmg on full life' or 'added fire dmg' combined with 2% life leech gloves + 1 ring with 2% life leech and 'Vaal pact' and does these 4% life leech will be good enought or should i stick to Lgoh? With this set up my dps will go for up to 22k-23k+. And im sorry for my bad english :)

Idea is good i think problem is 7 points in passive to vaal
Last edited by siclop7 on Jan 11, 2014, 8:04:13 AM
"
siclop7 wrote:
"
martinmarov wrote:

Hi, you could try that with Melee Physical on Full Life / Added Fire Damage and use Life Leech from gear instead of life gain on hit. Your DPS will be much higher but your leech will be slower obviously, I think Added Fire Damage would be better because it gives you much more consistency with your damage. Vaal Pact is about 6 points away on tree, you can redo the duelist path and go across the bottom instead of the middle as I said - you will then need 3 points to get to Vaal Pact - problem with that is you waste 1 point getting the life regen node to bridge to the top of the Duelist.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 11, 2014, 8:05:04 PM
I want to share a video with you guys showing Dominating Blow again:

Torture Chamber map with 2x bosses, -max, shocked ground, and with the mod: bosses deal "+30% damage and attacks 25% faster". Hope you enjoy! ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZhn7oSuqQ

I took no damage from bosses, and the bosses went down pretty fast. I did not change the build at all, all I did was link Dominating Blow -> Increased Duration -> Melee Splash -> Multistrike.

I love Dominating Blow because it keeps you safe, and is so much fun when you get ridiculous allies. The only problem is that some maps have boss rooms where you cannot take in your allies, fortunately maps like Torture Chamber, Shrine, etc. you can take your allies with you to face the boss! Downsides are the huge mana cost as mentioned before. I converted a few of the lightning warp totems which do a lot of damage. I used temporal chains + enhance, and frost wall linked to CWDT. Another risk with Dominating Blow is that your minions may all get killed before you can take down the boss, usually this is not a big deal and you can swap in Infernal Blow + Added Fire Damage/LGOH for Dominating Blow + Increased Duration. However this is rare, because as you can see the minions do a lot of damage when you have a large army.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 11, 2014, 10:25:46 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
siclop7 wrote:
"
martinmarov wrote:

Hi, you could try that with Melee Physical on Full Life / Added Fire Damage and use Life Leech from gear instead of life gain on hit. Your DPS will be much higher but your leech will be slower obviously, I think Added Fire Damage would be better because it gives you much more consistency with your damage. Vaal Pact is about 6 points away on tree, you can redo the duelist path and go across the bottom instead of the middle as I said - you will then need 3 points to get to Vaal Pact - problem with that is you waste 1 point getting the life regen node to bridge to the top of the Duelist.

I have that nodes wich you spoke of here is my build - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAEfgSxBS0G6QguCSERHhEvFfAa2xutG8ghAyP2J2EwfDIBOJY6WD3iPs9AoEMxR35I7kp9TGBOKlFHU99W-ljbWkhbr14TYEth4mVNZfBl8Wegbml0rnTtdU54rnlIeu99dX8rhNmE74cZh3aH242_kAqUrZVmmSuZmpsmm4ObjZ65pn-rxayvr-uxs7IZtUi2Qbb3txe307t8vYG95r6nw4bN6s960urTftaK18vaPdtV3Q3e9ud055Ho1usU62PtQe4O7_D5Y_zF_ro=

So it is decided,ill swap to life leech then ty for the responce and i wanna tell you that i love that build man great work! :)

I just tested out a 20/20 Reave gem using the exact same build. My tooltip DPS was about the same as using 20/20 Double Strike - 19k give or take. Clear speed was similar to Double Strike. The mana cost was 56, which was easily sustainable with 5% mana leech at 8.77 APS. However, I found it more clunky to use and the AOE effect was also not as stable as Double Strike + Melee Splash. Keeping up max AOE stacks was often a pain. The amount I could leech was also significantly reduced compared to Double Strike, which put me in some uncomfortable situations when I took a big hit and needed to restore hp ASAP. It also sometimes left my backside dangerously exposed, such as the boss fight for Jungle Valley. Overall, I think Double Strike is a better skill to use, even with the higher mana cost.
IGN: test_char_one
Hey all, I have a huge problem, i changed my cocs build to this because i thought this would be amazing and alot of fun, but i ended up being pretty tanky and have PATHETIC low damage, i really cant do much, attack and do no damage thats what im doing.. im at 10k damage and its just horrible how it goes.. please give me some tips..

well here's my gear:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdwC0AR-BLEF-QguES8V8BrbG60byBv6IQMj9iSdJd8mlTB8MgE4ljpYOrM94j7PQzFHfkjuSn1MYE4qUUdT31VLVvpY21pIW69eE2BLYeJiWmVNZfFnoG17bml0rnTteK55SHrvfyuE2YTvhxmHdofbjb-QCpVmmZqbJpuDm42kGaZ_q8Wsr6_rsbOyGbVItkG297cXt9O7fL3mvqfDhs3qz3rTftaK18vbVd0N3vbndOeR6NbrFOtj7UHuDu_w-WP8xQ==

I also only run tempest shield i cant run 3 auras anymore because i dont see where to run bloodlust anymore and i can't afford a soul taker just yet, i see that my weapon need a upgrade ( I think )? Its just some random axe i found.. But a different one wouldnt do much difference to my damage i guess? please help me
Last edited by BACKREAP on Jan 12, 2014, 10:10:10 AM
"
BACKREAP wrote:
Hey all, I have a huge problem, i changed my cocs build to this because i thought this would be amazing and alot of fun, but i ended up being pretty tanky and have PATHETIC low damage, i really cant do much, attack and do no damage thats what im doing.. im at 10k damage and its just horrible how it goes.. please give me some tips..

well here's my gear:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdwC0AR-BLEF-QguES8V8BrbG60byBv6IQMj9iSdJd8mlTB8MgE4ljpYOrM94j7PQzFHfkjuSn1MYE4qUUdT31VLVvpY21pIW69eE2BLYeJiWmVNZfFnoG17bml0rnTteK55SHrvfyuE2YTvhxmHdofbjb-QCpVmmZqbJpuDm42kGaZ_q8Wsr6_rsbOyGbVItkG297cXt9O7fL3mvqfDhs3qz3rTftaK18vbVd0N3vbndOeR6NbrFOtj7UHuDu_w-WP8xQ==

I also only run tempest shield i cant run 3 auras anymore because i dont see where to run bloodlust anymore and i can't afford a soul taker just yet, i see that my damage need a upgrade ( I think )? Its just some random axe i found.. But a different one wouldnt do much difference to my damage i guess? please help me

You need a new axe for sure. Aim for axe with 300+ DPS, your current axe is giving you ~200dps. It makes a HUGE difference because your damage is being multiplied by all the nodes you take in the tree.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 12, 2014, 10:10:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info