ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

First and foremost let me thank you for the awesome build!
I came from an EK character, and can say I am having a TON of fun with this guy.

Now unfortunately I cannot afford to buy Soul taker yet, and probably wont for some time. But I'm trying to balance out my mana a bit better. Right now even with 5% leach, I am still having some trouble. It doesn't seem to be enough.

This is my gear:

And I am specced in mind drinker and Mana Flows.

Unbuffed physical dps is 7784. with an attack time of .16 seconds.

Buffed it around 10,400 w/ Hatred. The 2 aura's I usual run are hatred and tempest shield.
My evasion is at a comfortable 46% , block w/ tempest shield @ 75 and spell at 56. Health is @ 3929. My mana is at 754 which is above the minimum calculated threshold necessary to sustain at 76 mana cost dual strike.

I just purchased my rings in the hope that it would solve my mana problems, but it hasn't dome a whole lot to help.

I have read through the posts, and maybe my weapon attack speed is too high ?

Right now according to the offence tab I have 6.25 attacks per second with ds. So at 76 mana per hit, that means im using 475 mana per second. Right now I have 5% mana leach with 7784 physical dps. Which gives me 389.2 mana per second. (I'm not exactly sure how mana leach works, if its on it or what). At this rate I am losing out on 85~ mana that I need.

I understand that the higher my physical damage gets, the more leach that I should receive. But it keeps going up and up, while the leach doesn't seem to be getting much better.

I was thinking of removing Mind drinker, and the points used to get to it. That would net me around ~5 points. I would then use them to grab 32% increased physical damage with one handed melee weapons around Arm Wrestling. And also grab the Hatchet Master Physical damage with axes area. That would net me ~ 64% increased physical damage with my axes. Not sure if that will offset the 2% mana leach I would lose from Mind drinker. Nor am I sure if will help with my mana problems at all.

Very rough guess, it would only increase my physical damage from 7784 to maybe 8400. Not sure if that'll help.

Please advise.
Last edited by creeplord on Jan 7, 2014, 12:25:32 AM
i think u`ve low mana rate... i`ve this problem and take Mental aculty

change rings to options mana rate

yes i must`ve this amulet... i don`t ve better and i need 75 spell block
Last edited by toxicmaster11 on Jan 7, 2014, 1:08:26 AM
I'm not sure it would help that much. To be honest, I am a little stuck.
I already took Mana flows for the extra mana and regen. Right now im sitting at 18.5 mps.
If I take MA it would only increase it by 20%, that is 3.7. The new total would be: 22.2
Not a huge difference.
As far as the rings are concerned, I don't think that 50% mana regen rings each would bring me much luck either. I would be losing 3% mana leach and making it even harder on myself.
There must be another thing that I am missing that is giving me problems.
Alternatively, you can use a lower level double strike gem. You can take it to level 5 without increasing the mana cost. I am doing this at the moment until i can get a higher dps wep, and it is taking my mana per attack from 76 to 55 without gimping my DPS too much. This helped me alot with my mana management.
if u have mana leech u must take mana rate. 1% 10k dps =100mana. u can try clarity and regen items, but i think beter is take rate.

Today i testing 2 rings 2x 50%+ mana rate and take the efect
Last edited by toxicmaster11 on Jan 7, 2014, 2:54:43 AM
I am not quite sure what you mean by "mana rate".
Do you mean +% increased mana regeneration rate? If thats so, a 20% passive won't help me.
And if i switch out my rings to 50% each, i would lose 3 % mana leach. That would be much worse.

D: Why is it so hard to balance... >.< i can't afford soul taker :*(
As i said, try a level 5 double strike gem, the mana difference per hit is huge, much easier to sustain and you dont loose that much damage
I noticed I'm playing almost the same build, but a complete different tree... Instead of staying in Ranger/Shadow area, I walked all the way to Templar to grab the shield nods, sweet Life, Endurance Charge and AoE increase up there...
Also can grab RT, IR and Unwavering stance if I want.

Lvl80 tree:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wguFCAUTRRxGY4aMho4GlUa2xutHRQoxTOWNug4ljrYPeJBqkd-SO5KfUw1TipQR1FgU99W-ljbWfNbr2EhZKNlTWaeZ6Bqk25pcH1yqXM_dO14rny7fNmDOITZhO-Hdo9GkAqQVZuDm42iAKcwp4SplayqrK-v67T5tkG3F7fTvqfAD8AaxYrSTdN-1e3Xy90N7Djtg-4O73zwH_O-9zL3vvjr-tL8xSP27_BaSOeRw4YS4S3SBLNBjDbp42o=

If need be, drop 2 8% health nods for Iron Reflexes/Unwavering Stance.

What do you think about this tree compared to yours?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Hello,

I am lvl 70 and trying this build. I had big problems with mana leech. I could have 6% mana leech, bud speed of leeching does not allow me to attack continuously. It was too slow, so i was searching for solution for this problem. One solution is blood magic. But it takes 1 important slot in your main skill and consumes much life.

Then I found this:

I think, it is great ring for this build. No more mana problems anymore, it can leech 60 mana for one double attack with multistrike to only one monster. Other adventage is life leech. You dont need life gain on hit gem or life leech gem. And if you take life on hit gem, your life leeching is incredible. At the end, 50% reduced curse effect. So great for maps. You are much stronger in maps with curses like temporal chain, elemental weakness, enfeblee and others. Disadventages are clear, no life from 2 ring slots and small amount of resistances. But i can still be at 75% resistances with this ring. What do you think about this?
IGN: Safo
My Store: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1054224/
Last edited by Safo on Jan 9, 2014, 5:01:41 PM
New Unique: - for those looking to level very fast, the new Screaming Eagle hatchet is a great choice that does a lot of damage for the early levels, and can be used before you get to Ungil's at level 20.

My previous go-to weapon for leveling before reaching level 20 to use Ungil's was the Last Resort claw that you can use at level 1:

These beginning uniques are super cheap and the new axe will probably cost a ~2-3 chaos since it is new, but after a while it should be around 1 chaos.

You can keep reusing these beginning uniques on other characters that you create and need to level quickly and safely!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 9, 2014, 9:56:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info