ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

I wanted to try something I have never played before when I came across this Build. I really like the idea of an evasion based build and as well as other players in here I do like WoE as a weapon.

I looked at the many WoE builds posted but since I play on Nemesis the HP was just no enough for me so I took one of the builds and tried to make it safer in a HC league.

This is what I came up with:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9dXBy7g7-ugOHI_ZW-hut7_D8xXRBWkhnoN0Nd9eHdluvfytKfRjbTird50OctkHVHMGLNJPmiKzqY3CDvdP87-O-p25phNllTamUR36QbKvFh2q9gWEh4uqZKxLhAdyi6r6K7054DSi1qW4o27Xy3-81kh3K_o-sWU3jiPGmV-djOuExnv4K8kU11kUK9Ma-vLM_T1Ye326qSsg_JypN6yxFln1bks2sR4TvdO1672BLFSCD2_xLznFsFhR1Ou0R1WBBV5eQCg==

Edit: obv i would specc indo Ondor's:P

A few questions still remain since I am new to evasion builds and mana based builds in general.

1. Will I have the Mana to run Grace and Hatred with a Mana leech ring?

2. Will I have enough Evasion with the Use of Rainbowstrides and Stone?

3. How much HP am i looking at?

4. around level 67-68 when I will equip my BoR what points can I skip to still have enough HP to do low level Maps with enough Damage as well as the ~50% evasion
Last edited by Schnag on Dec 11, 2013, 4:10:29 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwDhwUtCGcOrRHVEuEUdRc-GDwY2xkuG60b9iFgI_Yn7Sj6MZ4yCTSTNZI64TrtOyg8LUCgQYdDnEWdR35KfUrITP9OKk9WVElW-leXWkhbr18_YEFgS2EhY3BlTWegbEZuaW6qcHJybHKpdEF07XTxd9d4DXqqeu982X8rgseDvYTZhO-FMod2iPGTOprgnrmiAKZXqW6sWayqrOqvbLM_tPm18rZBtz653b0nvoq-p768wYvEuMT2xYrGrtN-0_zUj9Uc1fjWit0N3efi6uaI51LnY-vu7g7vDu967-Pv8PAf8i_yRfPd-ej8xf4K

Thats my version its untested though. Maybe RT is not needed.

I want to add heart of the oak..and this build uses alot of points already. Its the closet thing I can think of to what I'd want out of the build but idk if it can support MoM so If not I could make the tree alot tighter in general.

Oh and a question. . I know with evade and block dodge isnt so hot for physical but the spell block with dodge would really make a big difference I would think. I saw youre breakdown of it but maybe I missed something.

*Was reading the section on spell evade. Are spell block and dodge the same thing or are they checked one afyer the other? Just debating the acrobatics keystone right now basically
Last edited by CptNinjetty on Dec 12, 2013, 6:30:07 PM
"
1up1up1 wrote:
Hi,

just finish respec to use Wing of trophy. Here is the stat and gear.

Spec

gear

tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtADhwR-BfkILg5IER4RLxHVFHUV8BjbG60byCaVMgE0kzpYOrM67UMxQ5xHfkp9TipQQlVLVvpXl1uvXhNgQWBLYSFh4mNwZU1l8GegbXtuaXBydEF0rnTtdU5313rvfPV9dX8rhNmE74cZh2qHdofbiiKMNpP8lK2XBpkrmZqbJpuNoi6jiqc0qZSrxazqrgyuz6_rshm1SLZBtve7472BvqfApsDzwYvEosqQzerPetLq037T_NaK21XdDd7253To1usU62Prju4O73rv4_zF_ro=

Basically, I can run hatred and grace but with big mana issue, thus, only grace I use.

DPS is 17k. If running Hatred, dps will be ~23k.

I don't know why my spell block is only 67%, should it close to 75%??

For Vaal Pact and Life Leech, I used it at the beginning. However, I think it's not very good comparing to LGoH. Also, attack speed seems much better than investing in physical damage.

Still trying to optimize the skill tree....

Again, thanks for the build, really enjoy it.

Hi Ceryneian,

quick question. For doing reflect physical map, seems i can't handle the reflect dmg. do you think what i need to tweak to handle it?

Using LGoH.

Thanks again.
is it worth linking a lifeleech or lGoH with tempest shield? this way evey time you block you will heal ??
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
im trying to buy BoR but i dont know if doing map or doing piety run pays more wich one is it?

Hi - I recommend you do Dominus merciless runs with magic find. He is the fastest to do solo and what I usually do is place a portal in Upper Sceptre, rush to Dominus, use Lady Dialla's portal to go back to Sarn and then take my own portal back to Upper Sceptre, then go downstairs to Lower Sceptre and reset Upper Sceptre and replace my portal in the new Upper Sceptre instance.

Piety also works well, however it takes a bit longer to get to her since you will have to portal out by yourself and go back using waypoint to Lunaris 2.
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

Hi, interesting tree. That should work very well with a high DPS sword. You may need some of the dex and strength for gear/gem requirements however, but I am not sure what other gear you are planning to use.

If your evasion is close to 50% without Grace maybe run Tempest Shield instead of Grace for 4% Block.
"
Schnag wrote:
I wanted to try something I have never played before when I came across this Build. I really like the idea of an evasion based build and as well as other players in here I do like WoE as a weapon.

I looked at the many WoE builds posted but since I play on Nemesis the HP was just no enough for me so I took one of the builds and tried to make it safer in a HC league.

This is what I came up with:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9dXBy7g7-ugOHI_ZW-hut7_D8xXRBWkhnoN0Nd9eHdluvfytKfRjbTird50OctkHVHMGLNJPmiKzqY3CDvdP87-O-p25phNllTamUR36QbKvFh2q9gWEh4uqZKxLhAdyi6r6K7054DSi1qW4o27Xy3-81kh3K_o-sWU3jiPGmV-djOuExnv4K8kU11kUK9Ma-vLM_T1Ye326qSsg_JypN6yxFln1bks2sR4TvdO1672BLFSCD2_xLznFsFhR1Ou0R1WBBV5eQCg==

Edit: obv i would specc indo Ondor's:P

A few questions still remain since I am new to evasion builds and mana based builds in general.

1. Will I have the Mana to run Grace and Hatred with a Mana leech ring?

2. Will I have enough Evasion with the Use of Rainbowstrides and Stone?

3. How much HP am i looking at?

4. around level 67-68 when I will equip my BoR what points can I skip to still have enough HP to do low level Maps with enough Damage as well as the ~50% evasion

Hey, thanks for posting. Nice tree. Unfortunately it is hard for me to answer those questions without testing the build, but here is what I think of:

1 & 2. It looks to me that you cannot use 2 auras like Grace and Hatred with that build unless you grab mana regen and reduced mana reservation - which will cost a lot of points. You are missing evasion from a shield and boots, so evasion will be low. Options are to use Hatred and BofR and run with relatively lower evasion, or go for a 6L chest with high evasion and a helm with high evasion. Another option is to remove the evasion nodes and spec into Dodge instead - although it is a bit far away

3. Your tree is giving 246% increased life (before factoring in Strength), if you get good life from your belt and gloves, and use BofR/6L+helm with high life - you should be close to 5K life. Your tree has about 1.2x more life % increase than mine, assuming the same gear except with Wings of Entropy instead of ST + Rathpith - you will have about 4K life on my build and close to 5K life on your build I believe

4. Unfortunately if you use BofR and Wings it will be quite difficult to get to 50% evasion because the only evasion you will have on gear will be from Gloves and BofR (assuming you use Stone and Rainbowstrides). If you are using Dual Strike - I think your DPS will be quite high so maybe you could drop Hatred and run Grace. I think you have a lot of life especially for low level maps. I recommend you first spec defensively and see how you like your build and then start removing life/evasion nodes and getting dodge/damage nodes or vice versa as you see fit.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 16, 2013, 1:02:21 AM
"
CptNinjetty wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwDhwUtCGcOrRHVEuEUdRc-GDwY2xkuG60b9iFgI_Yn7Sj6MZ4yCTSTNZI64TrtOyg8LUCgQYdDnEWdR35KfUrITP9OKk9WVElW-leXWkhbr18_YEFgS2EhY3BlTWegbEZuaW6qcHJybHKpdEF07XTxd9d4DXqqeu982X8rgseDvYTZhO-FMod2iPGTOprgnrmiAKZXqW6sWayqrOqvbLM_tPm18rZBtz653b0nvoq-p768wYvEuMT2xYrGrtN-0_zUj9Uc1fjWit0N3efi6uaI51LnY-vu7g7vDu967-Pv8PAf8i_yRfPd-ej8xf4K

Thats my version its untested though. Maybe RT is not needed.

I want to add heart of the oak..and this build uses alot of points already. Its the closet thing I can think of to what I'd want out of the build but idk if it can support MoM so If not I could make the tree alot tighter in general.

Oh and a question. . I know with evade and block dodge isnt so hot for physical but the spell block with dodge would really make a big difference I would think. I saw youre breakdown of it but maybe I missed something.

*Was reading the section on spell evade. Are spell block and dodge the same thing or are they checked one afyer the other? Just debating the acrobatics keystone right now basically

Hi, this is another interesting Wings variation. I have yet to fully test Wings of Entropy so it is hard for me to give good feedback but I encourage you to try the build. I would use poebuilder.com to compare to my current build. Main stats to compare are life, damage, block, evasion, and attack speed.

I think with Dual Strike - Wings of Entropy should give higher DPS. However as I mentioned above it will be hard to run 2 auras without having mana issues I think. So you may have to choose between Grace and Evasion, or BofR vs. 6l+helm.

Spell Dodge and Spell Block are different. Spell Dodge is checked before Spell Block, and it has no downsides - unlike Block which may result in "block recovery" on some spell hits that would've stunned you. The problem with Dodge is that it is really hard to get a lot of it, unlike Block.

I love Phase Acrobatics for the Spell Dodge, but unfortunately it would take me 7 points to get there going through Acrobatics (which I do not need). I could use those 7 points instead for more life/damage.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 16, 2013, 1:10:29 AM
"
1up1up1 wrote:

Hi Ceryneian,

quick question. For doing reflect physical map, seems i can't handle the reflect dmg. do you think what i need to tweak to handle it?

Using LGoH.

Thanks again.

Hi 1up, the reflect issue is from Dual Strike I believe. You may want to consider speccing into Vaal Pact and then using Life Leech gem instead of LGOH. This should give a lot more instant life leech to counteract reflect, however you will not be able to get any life regen from flasks.
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
is it worth linking a lifeleech or lGoH with tempest shield? this way evey time you block you will heal ??

Hey xeno - interesting idea. Might want to consider LGOH since the lightning damage is a bit low. Also - with blind + evasion, your block will not get used that much except against spell bosses where our evasion does not apply. So may not be worth it, but still interesting if you have the sockets to spare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info