ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Note: Please be careful against Shock and Horror boss on Torture Chamber. This boss is extremely dangerous. What is this laser...

GGG has greatly buffed this boss. I have not played lower maps in quite awhile so you can imagine my shock when I barely survived this boss. I was testing some tree changes for the build and using Frenzy instead of Double Strike. I rolled a torture Chamber map with shocked ground and frenzied mobs. I thought it would be a breeze as I have never had trouble with this boss at all, even when they gave her an arc skill. I enter boss room and rush to engage the boss. Suddenly this massive laser beam and my health began dropping incredibly fast. It was unreal. I have never seen my life drop that fast and I instantly knew something was wrong because it seemed my spell block was having no effect. Fortunately I was already hitting the boss so I could leech and I had a topaz flask and div distillate + instant life flasks which helped save me from dying. This all happened in a few seconds, but I barely survived before killing boss.

I am pretty sure the laser is some sort of degeneration like searing bond, because I didn't hear or see any block recovery so my spell block was not applying.

Best strategy for this boss would be to leap slam behind the pillars when the laser starts. I also recommend Fairgraves Tricorne to prevent shock.

Just a heads up to those in Nemesis to avoid some of these new/buffed bosses until they are better understood.

Will be working on guide updates this weekend.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 20, 2013, 5:04:06 PM
Would spell dodge work? It seems strong now..im just leveling though. The dodge would be handy since I plan on having a Saffels frame on swap.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
Great guide! I'm currently working on act 3 merciless (level 62) and I found this axe. Will it work well for end game or do I need to save up to buy a better one? I'm currently trying to save up for Bringer of Rain.

Hey! That axe gives 300 dps I believe, it is strong. Bringer of Rain should be your priority.

this axe is actually 199 PDPS... which isnt really that good...

you can get a 250 for 4-5 chaos i believe...
and its worth the investement...

im a bit worried that Ceryneian says it was 300 dps xD since he help makes the guide xD
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
Great guide! I'm currently working on act 3 merciless (level 62) and I found this axe. Will it work well for end game or do I need to save up to buy a better one? I'm currently trying to save up for Bringer of Rain.

Hey! That axe gives 300 dps I believe, it is strong. Bringer of Rain should be your priority.

this axe is actually 199 PDPS... which isnt really that good...

you can get a 250 for 4-5 chaos i believe...
and its worth the investement...

im a bit worried that Ceryneian says it was 300 dps xD since he help makes the guide xD

300DPS including the elements I believe. I looked at in a rush. My point is that he should prioritze getting Bringer of Rain which gives dps and defense instead of looking for a new weapon.

Anyway, for end game you will want a weapon with 300+ physical DPS, however having a weapon with elemental damage is fine - we just don't scale elemental damage on the tree, and it mostly benefits from our attack speed.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 20, 2013, 7:41:35 PM
"
CptNinjetty wrote:
Would spell dodge work? It seems strong now..im just leveling though. The dodge would be handy since I plan on having a Saffels frame on swap.

Don't know if spell dodge would work against Shock and Horror laser. If you mean in general - Spell Dodge is great however you waste quite a few points going through Acrobatics to get to Phase Acrobatics. We do not need Acrobatics with this build, so it is best to use those points in life/damage/mana etc.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 20, 2013, 7:39:31 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
The above constraints may be tricky to solve, and so I recommend staying with the Atziri Mirror + Rainbowstride combo.

just read this in item & gear
did you meant?? :

with the Stone of LazWar + Rainbowstride combo

and please Let us know once u updated i cant wait xD

and a question on the side,
how can you run tempest shield, hatred, grace all at the same time and having enought mana to cast your skill? you dont use bloodmagic?

also:
since teh cast on damage taken as been modified is it worth putting enfeeble on it ? or should we manually cast it?, and what about enduring cry? should we put it on Cast on dmg taken? or spam it mannualy?

Hi xeno. No what I wrote is what I intended - Atziri Mirror (for shield) + Rainbowstride (for boots). The spell block combo is lazhwar + rainbowstrides as you mention, but I am referring to the shield + boots combination where Atziri's Mirror can be replaced with Rathpith's Globe allowing us to use a different pair of boots than Rainbowstrides.

I do not use Tempest Shield, Hatred and Grace all at the same time. You may be looking at an old video before the big patch where I could run 3 auras easily. I run 2 auras now (Grace and Hatred), I may actually remove Grace now that I am using Jade flasks, and add a different aura like Haste. I still have enough mana to cast my curse, but I have now switched my curse to run from Blood Magic - you will see this in next update.

CWDT is not that useful on this build. It depends on your preferences. I have temp chains on CWDT and sometimes I also link Immortal Call. Then have Enduring Cry on manual and my main curse - Enfeeble on manual. CWDT limits the level of the gems you can use - so I use a low level Temp Chains with quality linked with Enhance which makes the TC very strong even at only level 5. I like to keep Enfeeble on manual so I can use it before I enter fights and take damage, once I take damage my TC kicks in - this helps me recover/escape. I can then choose to override the TC by applying Enfeeble again or I can leave the TC on (i.e. for spell bosses). Check my 78 Dominus boss to see how I use the combo, it basically gives you flexibility of choosing 2 curses on the fly, and the synergies work well because once you have taken damage your Enfeeble is useless until the next time you take damage - so TC is better in between those times.

I prefer to spam EC manually so that IC can trigger separately with CWDT. But using EC can be tedious in fights, so I sometimes also just take out IC and put in EC in my CWDT set up.

First off, THANK YOU for a great guide. Been referring to it daily while leveling my ranger (lvl 50). Still have a long way to go; both fully understanding this build and acquiring the optimized gear.... but I'll work through it just as ya'll did hehehe.

"
murdernom wrote:
Having a blast leveling with this build. Not sure if this is a bug with the weapon or APS but I have been using a mightflay and suffered desync every mob, I changed to a faster attack weapon and the desync vanished. Everything remained the same, my ping and fps is the same. Just worth mentioning if anyone else runs into the same issue.

I must confirm that I experienced the same thing. I have switched from

Spoiler

to
Spoiler

(with about 100 less dps) and am now much more stable, desync-wise.

Again, thnx for a great guide and am looking forward to your updates!
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
First off, THANK YOU for a great guide. Been referring to it daily while leveling my ranger (lvl 50). Still have a long way to go; both fully understanding this build and acquiring the optimized gear.... but I'll work through it just as ya'll did hehehe.

"
murdernom wrote:
Having a blast leveling with this build. Not sure if this is a bug with the weapon or APS but I have been using a mightflay and suffered desync every mob, I changed to a faster attack weapon and the desync vanished. Everything remained the same, my ping and fps is the same. Just worth mentioning if anyone else runs into the same issue.

I must confirm that I experienced the same thing. I have switched from

Spoiler

to
Spoiler

(with about 100 less dps) and am now much more stable, desync-wise.

Again, thnx for a great guide and am looking forward to your updates!

Hi, happy you like the guide. This is weird, I do not think what you are experiencing is desync. It is because Mightflay has low attack speed - you cannot move when you are Multistriking. You barely notice this if you have a weapon with decent attack speed, but with Mightflay because of the lower attack speed you may notice this. It is not desync, you simply cannot move when you are multistriking so it may appear as desync when you click to move and your character does not move because they are still finishing the Multistrike. You will notice it even more with Double Strike + Multistrike because of the number of hits being generated by a single click to attack.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 21, 2013, 12:14:47 AM
Perhaps you are correct in that it is not desync, per se. My issue when using Mightflay is that the attack sequence itself stutters, when facing larger packs. Unfortunately, during my attack stutter, the mobs keep hitting me and i'm watching my HP go down, chugging life flasks. Against a single opponent (say a rare or boss) after the pack is dead, the attack sequence is seamless; even if it moves away I finish the sequence and follow, no probs. With the sword everything is seamless and smooth, whether the targeted monster moves or stands still while i finish it off.

For reference, my current gear:

Spoiler

with these two weapons
Spoiler
Please ignore gem layout in helm, shield and boots....im just leveling them atm lol.

I did wonder if it is the gloves that is causing the problem. But, the sword still works just fine.

This is NOT meant as a criticism on your guide, but as a small issue that some folks may experience.

I am having a BLAST with this build.... look Ma! my sword is a machinegun! hehehe
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
Perhaps you are correct in that it is not desync, per se. My issue when using Mightflay is that the attack sequence itself stutters, when facing larger packs. Unfortunately, during my attack stutter, the mobs keep hitting me and i'm watching my HP go down, chugging life flasks. Against a single opponent (say a rare or boss) after the pack is dead, the attack sequence is seamless; even if it moves away I finish the sequence and follow, no probs. With the sword everything is seamless and smooth, whether the targeted monster moves or stands still while i finish it off.

I was experiencing the same thing, sometimes there was no weapon attack animation but the mobs were dying. I macroed /oos and tried it every pack, nearly every time I would move to another position showing it was out of sync.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info