ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Nice guide thanks.

I saw that on the way to Ondar's Guile, you took 2 Frenzy nodes (Fervor) and multiple Dex nodes to reach it.

Why not just go down and grab 3 dex nodes before reaching it?

IGN - Duck_Ya
Great guide, building one of these now. What I like about this is that it seems very flexible with its main attack.

On that subject, what do you all think about using Glacial Hammer as the main attack? Rather than withering mobs down with light attacks, you'd be chilling/freezing them and stunning them with heavy hits, thus increasing survivability even more. There's a juicy +30 cold damage node in the Duelist section that looks very tempting to take.

My apologies if someone has asked this already; afaik there's no way to search specific threads for content.
Quod efficax non stultum
Ice Bite is trash. Glacial hammer is mediocre, however splash hammer can be very effective and fun.

Duelist just doesn't get it offered IIRC, and its far better with 2H weps than 1H (because mauls).
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
erimin5 wrote:
Nice guide thanks.

I saw that on the way to Ondar's Guile, you took 2 Frenzy nodes (Fervor) and multiple Dex nodes to reach it.

Why not just go down and grab 3 dex nodes before reaching it?

Hey man thanks for pointing this out. This was from when I used to use frenzy for charges for my double strike (mainly for temp chain maps). It also helps when you have someone with Conduit. You also get the evasion boost. Feel free to spec out and get dex instead if you'd like.
"
elindred wrote:
Great guide, building one of these now. What I like about this is that it seems very flexible main attack.

On that subject, what do you all think about using Glacial Hammer as the main attack? Rather than withering mobs down with light attacks, you'd be chilling/freezing them and stunning them with heavy hits, thus increasing survivability even more. There's a juicy +30 cold damage node in the Duelist section that looks very tempting to take.

My apologies if someone has asked this already; afaik there's no way to search specific threads for content.

hi Thanks. Glacial Hammer works best with high phys damage weapon like a 2h. You also want elemental nodes, and crit. It would be hard to make it work on this build as I think going Templar/Marauder/Witch/Scion would be better.

I also made an index of this thread so you can see what was discussed on different pages - this is the 1st time glacial hammer is discussed.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 28, 2014, 10:23:08 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
hi Thanks. Glacial Hammer works best with high phys damage weapon like a 2h. You also want elemental nodes, and crit. It would be hard to make it work on this build as I think going Templar/Marauder/Witch/Scion would be better.

I also made an index of this thread so you can see what was discussed on different pages - this is the 1st time glacial hammer is discussed.
Great, thanks for the info.

With regard to Glacial Hammer though, sure it scales better with high damage 2H weapons, but the same could be said of Double Strike or Frenzy, no? The chance to chill/freeze is still the same, and if anything the shatter effect is worth more when you do low damage than high. And for scaling there is Ice Bite immediately accessible from the Duelist branch of the build, which I think is as good as it gets for cold damage from weapons on the tree.

Am I missing something?
Quod efficax non stultum
Last edited by elindred on Jan 28, 2014, 2:29:06 PM
You're missing that chill/freeze is based on damage dealt (if you don't hit hard enough you won'y get the effect) and that Ice bit is terrible because it is additive with increased physical for the purpose of Glacial Hammer / Hatred
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Yes what Auto said. It converts some of your physical damage to cold damage. If your cold damage is not high enough you won't be able to freeze, and your chill will barely last on bosses. This is why you need high phys staff or mace, and CRIT to even have a chance to reliably freeze bosses. The problem with this is that if your damage gets that high you will most likely kill yourself on both phys and ele reflect.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 28, 2014, 3:38:20 PM
I see. I was basing my question on the wiki entry for Glacial Hammer which reads simply that it has a % chance to freeze, with no mention of any minimum damage threshold. Is that not the case? If not, then someone ought to mention that in the wiki page.
Quod efficax non stultum
Yes unfortunately that is not the case. It has a chance to freeze but if the freeze is not strong enough to pass the duration threshold (300ms I believe) then the freeze will not come into effect. The freeze duration depends on the target's life. You need to do enough cold damage vs. the target's life to pass the threshold. The other way to freeze, apart from chance to freeze, is to crit with cold. This is why if you have want to freeze a boss like Vaal or Dominus using Glacial hammer you need extremely high damage so that you can pass the threshold duration and actually effect a freeze.

The same with chill - duration is affected by the target's life.

Unfortunately a lot of the stuff in the game is not really clear. If you really want to do Glacial Hammer I recommend trying a build made specifically for g.hammer, as you will have better results than with this.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 28, 2014, 4:31:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info