ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

How does this build deal with hard hitting bosses such as collonade kole? Do you get 1 shot if you do get hit?
Hi! The only one shots I have seen are level 74 map Vaal and 78 Dominus smashes - and these bosses will one shot the vast majority of builds in this game. The good thing is that it is very easy to avoid these hits - why try and tank things that are easy to avoid? And additionally the high damage avoidance of this build gives you a high chance to avoid that insane damage even if you fail to manually move out the way.

The build can be made very robust with enfeeble, immortal call and endurance charges as I mention in the guide. I only use 3 endurance charges and do not see the need for me to get more.

I am not worried of taking hits - you can check my vids and see that I do get hit when I am stressing the build. If I am facing a physical attack boss, I am actually more comfortable when I take a hit because I know that the next hits are guaranteed to miss due to evasion mechanics, and I can regenerate to full hp in less than a second. Some examples of hits i have taken:
- 2 Jungle Valley bosses EK bursts with my negative chaos res
- Level 74 map 2x Kraityn with -max and extra damage as lightning
- Level 74 Maze map Vaal lasers back when I had 2.5k health
- Level 77 map Piety hits back when I had 2.5k health
- Level 78 map Courtyard boss hits with both Vulnerability and extra lightning damage. Great test for my build because cyclone will breach my evasion very quickly
- Level 78 Palace map - Dominus 2nd form hit with approx 90% extra fire damage

Is this build completely invincible? No. But it is a strong melee build and as long as you play smart and prepare where necessary you will be completely fine, and will have a lot of fun!

If you want to play a true TANK - I recommend you go for the high HP Aegis Aurora shield builds.

As someone mentioned you may start getting too overconfident with the build - I am close to leveling to 88 and I no longer move out of the way for Vaal lasers as he misses so many now that I have max spell block.

Also - people saying evasion builds cannot work and that you will always be one shot have most likely never played a good defensive evasion build and probably don't understand key mechanics behind evasion and how to make it strong.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 14, 2013, 1:32:43 PM
Anyone running this in nemesis? How does this build work there? Dont want to risk my BoA if i can get 1 shot if a mob manages to hit through evade/block
Playing this build on nemesis and have yet to go lower than 50% hp. Granted my gear is trash (no BoR, no Soul Taker and 3k dps unbuffed) and I have yet to do higher than 67 maps. Still, athough for now it's slower than some other builds at this stage it's surprisingly safe for me.
My other unbuffed stats are: capped resists (ofc), evasion 31% (46% with grace), 42 block, 21 spell block + dodge keystones.
As of yet can't run hatred due to mana costs and too scared to drop grace. Trying to find a good mana leech ring so I can drop mind drinker and finally reach the duelist shield nodes.
With the change to purity, do you still run it? or stick with Hatred + Grace?
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Using this build with acrobatics on nemesis now. Actually lvl 70 with 70% all res, except of chaos, 2800 hp, 1300 dps on dual strike unbuffed (with blind support gem), 50% evasion without grace, 60% block and 30% spell block with tempest shield, 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge.
Running clarity and tempest shield auras. Feel extremely safe on 66 maps (didn;t tried higher lvl maps)m but dps is low, because i use 5 linked chest for Double strike with blind, faster attacks, melee splash and life on hit.
So, with the BoR and some additional dps passives this build will receive great boost of damage with amazing survivability. I really enjoy fantastic gameplay with this build, when you can run through packs of enemies as a knife through butter, and rarely take damage ;)

To the OP: Thanks for the build. This is like my 7th or 8th character above level 70 and my favorite so far. 79 now but will have time off work for the next few days to get a few more levels.

I had 16k evasion with my 2k evasion shield but I replaced it with a rathpith globe. Now with grace my evasion is 11k, and you wrote that's enough to evade anything right? My block is capped and so is my spell block thanks to the lazhwar amulet and rathpith globe. I have 3k life and 600 ES, also capped resists minus the chaos.

I know what you mean about the mana issues. I also had them until I replaced my weapon. I'm using
because of the higher base physical damage. Running grace + tempest still leaves me with several hundred mana available which is more then enough to get dozens of attacks in and regen it all back thanks to 4% leech on my rings. The higher total mana pool really helps with the regeneration thanks to the 12.5% mana cap on leech. I think a 600 mana pool is the sweet spot to have to avoid all mana issues, with 700 total mana being guaranteed to never have mana issues.

Using the standard BOR with multi + splash + lgoh + double strike. BLIND IS the most underrated attack in the game. I have a high level enfeeble and blood rage I can activate too but I haven't even needed too. I have Leap + culling + lvl 20 quantity/rarity and it's my secondary attack. They nerfed cast on damage taken big time... HUGE for this build because attacks don't come through to trigger the cast. I replaced it with cast on melee kill, and so far my enduring cry is up all the time but my devour totem has yet to proc once. I don't know what the issue is there. Maybe devour or totems in general don't work on cast on melee kill? They worked with the cast on damage taken.

I am not using any dodge though, ever since I put on the rathpith. Because lets face it...The biggest appeal of dodge is the phase acrobatics for the spell avoidance. This build evades everything as is with blind + enfeeble if needed.

But I think I need to replace the mace I'm using with an axe. Their are no mace damage passives near where we are. All my damage passives have been the standard one handed passives near where we are in the tree. And this mace is pretty high physical dps so replacing it isn't going to be easy but I've had my eye on the trade boards for two weeks now willing to pay what ever for a decent axe. I saw the picture of your character sheet.... It says you have 13k unbuffed and 17k buffed. That's with hatred right? Because I'm only at 10.5k damage on the tooltip for the main attack and I'm not running hatred. I could if I had an evasion shield but since I dropped that in lieu of the rathpith I need the grace aura to keep me at 11k evasion.

Would appreciate some level 80+ advice here. I was even considering getting rid of the BOR and running a 6L chest with a pure eva helm. Money isn't an issue so a godly 6L 2k+ eva chest with a 1000 eva helm would really put me over the top on the evasion stat and make it so I wouldn't have to run grace anymore, letting me run Hatred instead. What do you think?
IGN: Narbays
guys, quick question.

1) For the soul taker, it said "insufficient mana doesn't prevent melee attack". Does it mean that the double strike can still be used even no mana, right?

2) i am considering to buy a weapon with ~1.9aps, and my mana poll is only around 100 after mana reservation given that my overall APS is ~4.8 now. Should i go for the 1.9 weapon or stay what i have now (currently using ~260dps with 1.4 aps).

Thanks again.
Last edited by 1up1up1 on Nov 15, 2013, 5:12:45 AM
Hi. How do you deal with Sallazzang boss in labyrinth map? He one shotted me when I was running to face him. What kind of attack does he use?
Hi everybody

I found other way to resolve mana issues. With this ring
you can have almost infinite mana! because everytime you hit mobs you replish mana its like mana on hit!!! cost me 2ex so its a lot more cheap than soul taker. Talking about the weapon i got a higher physical damage weapon than soul taker. The only problem is balance the gear to get all rsist. In my case only fire is 60% now im working on that. I hope this tip helps you guys to fun with this build. I want to thank the author of this build i enjoying so much im really entertainment me with this build!!!.
Last edited by oligartoon on Nov 15, 2013, 7:19:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info