ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Do the mana multipliers from the three "free gems" in bringer of rain apply? or are they free?
"
Dugi96 wrote:
what do you think about running this build with 20q frenzy? you can get additional 84% phys dmg and 161% attack speed at gem lvl 20,so you can drop some dmg nodes and go for even more defense

Hi, I actually tested a level 19 20% quality Frenzy against my 20/20 Double Strike - the DPS is less than my Double Strike. Please see the post on the top of page 10 of this guide where I outline how Frenzy gives less DPS. You will need to invest more points on the tree (getting frenzy nodes) than someone with Double Strike to get the same DPS, and it also uses higher mana compared to Double Strike.

You will need to get an additional 2 frenzy charges for Frenzy (and go from 4 to 6) to surpass Double Strike in terms of DPS, and you will reach ~14APS - so unless you are using Soul Taker the mana cost could become unsustainable.

When comparing Frenzy and Double Strike - most people forget that Double Strike also benefits from the frenzy charges.

It all comes down to preferences, if you really want to use Frenzy - I would recommend reworking the tree per the following (you may need to take out points from attack speed/life):
- grab more frenzy charge nodes
- grab more Physical Damage nodes
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 2, 2013, 8:06:22 PM
"
Norodian wrote:
Do the mana multipliers from the three "free gems" in bringer of rain apply? or are they free?

Hi, unfortunately the mana multipliers apply from the inherent level 18 support gems within Bringer of Rain:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/313431#p2723268

Please note that Blind has no mana multiplier, so it is just the other 2.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 2, 2013, 7:59:55 PM
I've been doing a lot of testing on your build, and I've changed a few things to suit my style.

I tested different amulets along with Rathpith for awhile, but I wanted a shield that I could utilize fully. The spell damage and ES were sort of useless, so I switched back to Stone of Lazhwar and decided to pick up a new shield.

Spoiler
My Gear atm

Nothing special really, but with Prism Guardian I can run Clarity and Grace on Blood Magic and Hatred, Haste, and Tempest Shield on Mana with about ~230 leftover, which is easily enough for me to spam Double Strike even on single mobs. Running Prism Guardian also allows me to run some MF, I can use Aurseize and an Andvarius while still being capped for all resists. If I wanted to, I could run 2 Andvarius and remove Haste for Purity and I'd still be capped on resists with some decent MF :)
Last edited by imoshu on Oct 2, 2013, 10:23:33 PM
Uploaded summary highlights video! Short video showing various skills, defenses, offense, and map highlight play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdrXNXkY54M

Includes some new gameplay - 2x Level 75 Kraityn (temporal chains + 87% extra damage as lightning) and 2x Level 73 Oak (frenzied + 88% extra damage as cold).

Will rework guide for some updates.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 5, 2013, 2:50:43 PM
I've discovered something extremely interesting tinkering with this build. I can use
and a pair of trires gloves (to cover resists) to turn any decently high dps weapon (250-300) which also shouldn't cost more than 1-2 ex into a Soul Eater basically. I can use more auras and turn my character into an aura tank with huge aoe dps and blind essentially, so I'm pretty popular in groups now :)

You can also use 2x Andvarius, an Item Quantity Gem and a Perandus Blazon, and Aurseize for some decent MF while solo farming if you use Purity to make up for missing resists from Andvarius.
Last edited by imoshu on Oct 7, 2013, 4:33:40 PM
"
imoshu wrote:
I've discovered something extremely interesting tinkering with this build. I can use
and a pair of trires gloves (to cover resists) to turn any decently high dps weapon (250-300) which also shouldn't cost more than 1-2 ex into a Soul Eater basically. I can use more auras and turn my character into an aura tank with huge aoe dps and blind essentially, so I'm pretty popular in groups now :)

You can also use 2x Andvarius, an Item Quantity Gem and a Perandus Blazon, and Aurseize for some decent MF while solo farming if you use Purity to make up for missing resists from Andvarius.

imoshu - thanks for the insight. Interesting to see how you are using the build, and I'm sure some people will try it. Would you be able to send me/post your stats? I'm a bit hesitant on that shield due to the low armor and low ES, but great to hear it is working well in terms of mana and maximizing auras.
Many updates have been made to the guide:

- Added highlight summary video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdrXNXkY54M

It includes gameplay from a new map I tried: Level 74 Gorge Map with 2x Kraityn (mods included Temporal Chains and 86% extra monster damage as lightning): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kEgVGnm2c. In this map I also used Frenzy as a sort of "secondary attack" to gain frenzy charges for Double Strike (instead of using Blood Rage) to further increase my attack speed.

- I've added several cheap and effective items to the guide that are very helpful for leveling throughout early and mid game (Fairgraves' Tricorne, Slitherpinch gloves, Wurm's Molt belt). I have also included the Sin Trek as end game boots.

- Added hardcore alternative tree (credits: mvm199).

- Revamped guide to remove Dodge (I still recommend Dodge as OPTIONAL, but not necessary for those who decide to go for max block). I really like the Spell Dodge node, but unfortunately it takes 5 points of regular Dodge nodes (which we do not need) to get to the Spell Dodge node. I also redid Rathpith Globe section, and added snapshots of the other notable passives in the build.

- Added screenshots of current stats.

To remain:
- Mechanics of damage avoidance and effective HP, ES vs. stuns, and calculated estimates for physical avoidance
- Small flask guide
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 9, 2013, 2:10:07 AM
can u up video of map with temporal chains and extra cold dame ^^
"
owlyue1 wrote:
can u up video of map with temporal chains and extra cold dame ^^

Hi, this was the 2x Kraityn Level 74 Gorge map video (temporal chains and extra lightning damage), I have already posted the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kEgVGnm2c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info