Uniques with support gem effects

Do uniques with the effect "Gems in this socket are supported by _____" affect the manacost of that skill?
i have been wondering the same about unique's that give Blood magic does it have the same mana cost multiplier as the gem?
lol this right here is part of why I love GGG the counter troll http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
I couldn't find this information anywhere.. I've tried google with different wording, checked every page in the poe wiki that has to do with support gems or unique items with support effects.. Asked it on reddit(got like 35 upvotes but no replies..)
"supported by level X [gem]" means they are supported by a [gem] support ghem of level X. That gem (probably) has a mana multiplier, which is applied.

"gems in this item have [property]" is not using a specific support gem, so no mana multiplier.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"supported by level X [gem]" means they are supported by a [gem] support ghem of level X. That gem (probably) has a mana multiplier, which is applied.

"gems in this item have [property]" is not using a specific support gem, so no mana multiplier.

Thank you!

Since I don't know how to format wikis, I put the info in the poe discussion along with a link to your post

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info