Moiraine: Life-based SRS specialized for uber

SRS DIscussion for 2.0

1.3 Build:

L96 Witch (my current tree, TY ThuggenLove for improvements)
Bandits: Oak/kill/kill.

Scion is 1 pt more efficient for life-based SRS, start by taking the mana nodes. I prefer playing witch though, so I play witch. The minimum level to do uber is 90 on scion and 91 on witch, and you should have level 26+ SRS 6L. Regular atziri is doable at around level 80 with a 5L. As of 1.3 templar start is also an option for those who want to play a male SRS class.

Overall due to 1.3 we only lost 1% fire resistance.

Videos

Full Uber run (new) (blue mobs & vaals deathless, trio 1 death, atziri 3 deaths)
Full uber run (old) (blue mobs, vaals & trio deathless, atziri 4 deaths)
<5min Atziri speedrun (full clear would be around 7 min)
2:02 Gorge Speedrun

Gear/Gem Setup

Reduced Mana (22) - Haste - Hatred - Clarity (in +1 gloves or boots)
Reduced Mana (21) - Purity of Fire L21 - Arctic Armor - Enfeeble (in Alpha's howl)
Increased Duration - Vaal Haste - Flesh Offering
Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call. 3L/3L in Belly of the Beast
Spell Totem - Faster Casting - Arc - Skeletons
In swap: desecrate any level/quality.
Cast When Damage Taken, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call can be replace by Increased Duration-Vaal Haste-Vaal Haste for uber.

Higher DPS Setup (thanks Makcu)

RM - PoF - Haste - Clarity (in Alpha's Howl)
RM - Gen - Hate
Spell Totem - Arc
Arctic armor (in 3L 2L 1L armor)
Duration - Flesh Off - Enfeeble - Vaal Haste
CWDT - EC - IC - Duration
In swap: desecrate

This setup gets about 10% more DPS than the original setup thanks to Generosity getting linked to Hatred. It also gets to run a 4L CWDT.

It is less flexible than the original since it's more painful to swap to arc-curse on hit for mapping, and we loose the ability to switch to a skeleton totem when we want flesh walls/distractions. It may or may not be superior for uber atziri, but I haven't had the time to test it.

General Purpose Flasks:

Swap the shock removal HP flask for a shock removal resist flask for +dmg maps or maps with bosses that do a specific elemental damage.

Note: L22 RM isn't necessary if you have boots with around 180ES, or around 350 ES from gloves+boots. Use mikelat's reservation calculator to check for yourself. With the alternative setup you will need 350 ES from gloves+boots in order to have enough unreserved mana for casting.

Passive Trees (incl 20/40/60/80/100 pt trees)

20 pts
40pts
60pts
80pts (level 61)
100pts (level 81)
110pts (level 91)
115pts (level 96)

Additional SRS Setups

These setups are created by thoughtful posters in this thread. I am highlighting their posts here for future visibility.

swarmofseal's Kaom's Roots/Charisma setup. This setup uses kaoms roots for a setup that can be easily swapped between an uber capable unwavering setup and a setup with more life for general mapping.

viniciusxis's setup for normal atziri & map play. This setup is better for mapping and doing normal atziri, but isn't ideal for uber. This is what you could play and then transition to the uber setup later.

Setup for Uber & Tactics

Vaals
instead of splash

Start by following the bottom right wall to the bottom vaal, called "1". This will ensure that the bottom vaal triggers 3-4 seconds before the top vaal. Precast desecrate 3x on the green pentagon and precast your arc totem on the blue triangle. Pre-cast spirits as the vaal is climbing out from underground. When the ground turns black, cast flesh offering, cast vaal haste, and continue casting spirits. Once the vaal emerges, curse him with enfeeble. Kill vaal #1 and then move immediately to vaal #2 and kill him. You shouldn't have to recast flesh offering or totem, but you may want to cast curse again. If one of the vaals goes back underground immediately before you can kill him, just go back to the other one. Be ready to use your sapphire and topaz flasks in this case.

Trio
place this instead of faster casting.
or
(the whipping miscreations have vulnerability on hit)

The positions of the trio are always as follows: d is the double striker, r is the ranged miscreation, and c is the cycloner. In position #1, in this order: precast desecrate in the green hexagon, precast arc totem on the blue triangle, and precast Vaal Summon Skeletons on the yellow star (thanks to Ghazzy for this tactic). Go along the vaal to position 2. In position two precast 20 spirits towards r, pop vaal haste, pop flesh offering, then as you run towards r pop rumi and curse both r and c. You want to kill r, and then c. After this d will have finished fighting your VSS, so cast a skeleton totem to distract him and kill him. He is quite dangerous and can 1 or 2 shot you. Run away from him if necessary, the cold trail from your AA will slow him down enough to get you some room to cast a skele totem, and then spirits once he starts attacking the skele totem.

The reason we use melee splash is if we don't kill d fast, adds will start spawning and we need to clear them fast in order to not die.

Don't stand in the black poison degen clouds that spread from where you kill members of the trio (if you need a safe spot in the room, go somewhere different from where you killed them). If the cycloner hits you, use your bleed flask to prevent the bleed from doing damage.

Atziri

These need to be pre-charged and it is mandatory to use each per clone phase. Don't attack the mirror clone. Stand in between two clones, cast spirits in the middle of all 4 clones, and move towards the clone who isn't mirror once you can see.

Defense/Offense

Defense:
Level 23 Purity of Fire grants us +9% max fire res, so that in total we have 85% fire res. With a ruby flask we have 98% fire res. With AA Magera's firestorm does no damage at this resist level. Normal atziri's double flameblast (if we stand in the middle and get hit by both) does only 1.6k damage.
Toasty but not too hot

Unwavering stance and CWDT help us survive the spears and during atziri's clone phase.

The Catalysed Eternal flasks are buffed by Alchemist, Profane Chemistry, and Belly of the Beast. They heal 2496 in 2.7 sec by default. This is a rate of 924.4 HP/sec. Alchemist and Profane chemistry increase this rate by 90% in total, so we get 1756.44 HP/sec. Belly of the beast gives us 50% faster recovery, so instead of healing all this HP in 2.7 sec we heal it 2.7 * 1/1.5 = 1.8sec. This means that flasks give use 3/2*1756.44 = 2634.66 HP/sec. Meaning that in 1.8 sec, with one use of the flask we are able to heal 4.7k HP. In other words, a single catalysed flasks lets us heal our entire HP three times! This is why we can get away with only one HP flask at uber atziri. Other options are bubbling and panicked.

Offense:
We have the standard 6L SRS. We also take 90% minion damage from tree, 20% minion attack speed from tree. For maps we can use elemental weakness instead of enfeeble. We can also use arc-curse on hit-elemental weakness-elemental proliferation. Once we take the 30% increased shock duration passive for 1 point (next to Eldritch Battery), this will allow us to reliably shock most mobs in maps up to L76.

More information about SRS

DPS Calculator/Tool

DPS Calculator for 1.2
Instructions:
1. Make a copy of the spreadsheet.
2. Adjust base stats to reflect your character's gear and tree.
3. Adjust what gems/auras/curses you want to use. Write 1 to use it, and 0 to not use it.
Suggested Uses:
See what support gems, and auras give the most DPS. See the importance of minion damage, minion atk speed, cast speed, and skill effect duration. Verify the importance of vaal haste and elemental equilibrium. Etc Etc.
TY: Kaezin, RicoKGB, sunspear.

SRS & Spell Damage, Fire Damage, Crit Chance/Multi, etc

SRS is a minion, that means it behaves as its own entity with its own stat sheet. The only stats it gets from you are minion damage and skill duration stats.

The only other way to improve its stats is to link support gems to it.

It is classified as a spell, but it doesn't do any spell damage, and it itself uses a melee attack. It doesn't use any spells.

This means that %fire damage, and %spell damage from gear or tree (not including support gems) will not affect the damage SRS do.

%Fire damage directly linked to SRS (eg from quality on added fire gem) will increase the damage SRS does. I don't know whether the 10% spell damage from quality on spell echo will increase damage on SRS, but my intuition is not since SRS use melee attacks and not spells.

(Melee) physical damage from tree, or %increased damage on items (eg Le Heup of All) will also not work with SRS. This stuff increases the stats of your character, but not the stats of your RS minions. However, once these affixes are on support gems (melee physical damage or culling strike) linked to your RS, they do have an effect.

(Spell) crit chance and (spell) crit multi work the same way. If it is on for example on an amu or on tree it won't affect SRS. However you could link inc crit or crit multi gems to SRS, and they should work.

Map Mods

Undoable: Blood Magic, No regen.
Hard: Half regen, -max & extra elemental dmg or vulnerability & extra elemental damage.

Mana Regen

Requirements:
Using my DPS spreadsheet we see that we need 262 mana/sec to support L20 AA + 6L spirit with empower+splash, 290 mana/sec to support L20 AA moblie, and 370 mana/sec to support L20+6L spirit on vaal haste.

We get 1.75% of our max mana as regen, and L20 clarity gives 24.6 mana regen. We take 175% mana regen from tree.

With 1400 mana we get 1400*0.0175+24.6*(1+0.48+0.26)=67.3 mana regen/sec base. In order to get 300 regen we solve 300=67.3*(1+1.75+R) or R=1.7. So we need 170% mana regen from gear to sustain.

With 1400 mana to get 370 mana regen we need 274% mana regen from gear. Let's say we're ok with 350 mana regen, since we have some ~140 free mana and we can sustain a deficit for a 5-6sec. To reach 350 mana/sec we need 245% mana reg on gear.

50/ring
60/amu

That leaves 95-125 from boots+staff. Thus we can only really sustain vaal haste if we use goldwyrm and a staff with regen.

Basic staff crafting tips

The staff crafting tips are for starting from a white staff.

First you transmute it, and use orbs of alterations/augmentations.

If you want to get +2 fire you should expect to use about 60 alterations/augmentations (total, not each).

+1 gems is more rare, it takes about 300.

If you want to get a good suffix it would take many more than 60 or 300, since suffixes are independent. For example cast speed and +2 is probably 60*20 or more.

After you get a nice magic staff you just regal it or et-regal if you got +1 and a tier 1 suffix.
So if you want to craft +3 fire you should alt +1 gems and regal +2 fire.

Cost af 6Ling a +3 fire staff: 350*2+1500*8 = exactly 12700 alts at vendor.

Cost of +3 firing a 6L staff: 60alts*300alts+60 regals = 18000 alts + 60 regals in expectation.

Rolling +1 gems on a non-staff weapon is easier.

Rolling +2 fire on a staff is easy. So buy one that is already 5L and roll +2, don't waste currency 5Ling a +2 staff unless it has three useful suffixes (cast, regen, res).

A 5L +3 fire is about the same as 6L +2 fire. (See DPS comparison)

Buy a 5L weapon/staff and roll +2. If you buy a 6L your goal should be to roll +1 gems or +2 fire (they are equivalent with L3+ empower) and a useful suffix such as cast speed, mana regen, resist, or attack speed for leap slam.

If you buy a bow, you can use a quiver to help cap res. Or the ES-regen unique quiver. (thanks to mattc aka brainssss for this idea)

Leave one suffix spot open, (i.e. don't yolo ex if you only have 1 suffix left) for adding mana regen or cast speed from forsaken masters.

All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 28, 2015, 1:47:34 PM
amazing build, looks strong.

on the headhunter, do you actually get the bonus when a srs kills the rare? Its still a summon so im kinda confused, never really got that interaction
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
leary93 wrote:

on the headhunter, do you actually get the bonus when a srs kills the rare? Its still a summon so im kinda confused, never really got that interaction

Yeah headhunter works with summons getting the kills, unlike Daresso's defiance armor for some strange reason.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:

Yeah headhunter works with summons getting the kills, unlike Daresso's defiance armor for some strange reason.

thats nuts, now i get why it is so wanted. Damn that would be a huge upgrade in that case for my summoner too. Jelly aura's :3 (they get affected by aura effect right? :P)
"
leary93 wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:

thats nuts, now i get why it is so wanted. Damn that would be a huge upgrade in that case for my summoner too. Jelly aura's :3 (they get affected by aura effect right? :P)

As far as I can tell they do get affected by aura effect. It's definitely nice for maps, but for atziri/uber it's worse than a rare belt since there's no way to prolong the 20sec duration other than self-cursing with tempchains.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

As far as I can tell they do get affected by aura effect. It's definitely nice for maps, but for atziri/uber it's worse than a rare belt since there's no way to prolong the 20sec duration other than self-cursing with tempchains.

I know, but for mapping it just pushed the clearspeed down to 5< for even palace maps and such
Updated build to have CWDT since I think it's necessary for leveling past 92/93.

Killed uber: blue mobs deathless, vaals deathless, trio deathless, atziri's clones 4 deaths.

Added tactics for uber (with diagrams!!!). Feel free to post suggestions.

Hi, MatrixFactor, is this your new srs version? I've been following your hybrid version and I really enjoy it.Actually your build is my favourite so far :)
My question is which version is better according to your experience?
I'm considering switching to life version if it boosts much. I'm a lvl92 witch and here is my current gears:

lv92
life: 2911(net)
es:5029

res:
fire:75/160
cold:75/136
lightning:75/121
chaos:61/121

mana reg:332.2

many thanks!
Last edited by _paparika_ on Dec 5, 2014, 12:01:19 AM

Report Forum Post