Moiraine: Life-based SRS specialized for uber

Depends on what your goals are. If you just want to do maps comfortably, life/es might even be better since you can use vaal discipline to safely do bosses, and you have more effective HP (I have just 5.1k HP now). I like life-based for uber because of how strong pots are. I heal 4.7k HP in one pot use, so each pot is equivalent to 3 charged vaal discipline gem. Also life-based gives you a few more free sockets, which you can use to place an extra cwdt, or extra vaal hastes. Overall the life based build is much better for uber thanks to 98 fire res and unwavering stance.

For you specifically (regardless of what build you choose) I suggest you take out the leveling gems and find a way to place a 3L cwdt.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Depends on what your goals are. If you just want to do maps comfortably, life/es might even be better since you can use vaal discipline to safely do bosses, and you have more effective HP (I have just 5.1k HP now). I like life-based for uber because of how strong pots are. I heal 4.7k HP in one pot use, so each pot is equivalent to 3 charged vaal discipline gem. Also life-based gives you a few more free sockets, which you can use to place an extra cwdt, or extra vaal hastes. Overall the life based build is much better for uber thanks to 98 fire res and unwavering stance.

For you specifically (regardless of what build you choose) I suggest you take out the leveling gems and find a way to place a 3L cwdt.

I'll stick to the life/es version since I spend most of my time running maps.
Thanks for your reply !
This build is very good

But
for uber atziri something going wrong ( i have seen your new video)
"
Amandas wrote:
This build is very good

But
for uber atziri something going wrong ( i have seen your new video)

Suggestions are welcome. :)

I think the change that needs to be done is replace CWDT-EC-IC with IncDur-VHaste-VHaste. That way instead of spending 3-5sec swapping gems you can immediately turn on the next vaal haste and spend those precious seconds summoning raging spirits.

I have seen the Ghazzy's video for uber atziri
I think your srs have the same damage as Ghazzy's srs
Both of them kill very fast the enemies

Perhaps you will need to upgrade the strategy.
Can you post your updated tree to 1.3?
I feel like going for Unwavering Stance and Champion of the cause is no longer worth it, don't you? Is uses like 4 more traveling nodes. Maybe use kaom's roots instead? I'm not sure how important is movespeed in the atziri fight (never done it before, wanna try this build on new league).
The way i'd use the kaom's would be to have these links:
Head: Haste/Pof/clarity/RM
Gloves: Hatred/RedM/AA/Generosity
Staff: SRS
Chest: 3L Vall haste/Flesh offering/Increased Dur - Enfeeble - Spelltotem/arc (?)

This way i wouldn't have the cast when damage taken setup but would be able to use kaom's roots.

Please check it and let me know what you think about this and the new tree for SRS.
Thanks
Last edited by viniciusxis on Dec 4, 2014, 3:52:15 PM
"
viniciusxis wrote:
Can you post your updated tree to 1.3?
I feel like going for Unwavering Stance and Champion of the cause is no longer worth it, don't you? Is uses like 4 more traveling nodes. Maybe use kaom's roots instead? I'm not sure how important is movespeed in the atziri fight (never done it before, wanna try this build on new league).
The way i'd use the kaom's would be to have these links:
Head: Haste/Pof/clarity/RM
Gloves: Hatred/RedM/AA/Generosity
Staff: SRS
Chest: 3L Vall haste/Flesh offering/Increased Dur - Enfeeble - Spelltotem/arc (?)

This way i wouldn't have the cast when damage taken setup but would be able to use kaom's roots.

Please check it and let me know what you think about this and the new tree for SRS.
Thanks

CWDT is essential for leveling. Movespeed is important for atziri, it's the only mechanic we have for dodging flameblasts.

You may be able to get rid of CWDT for strictly fighting uber, but then you will have to swap vaal hastes. I think not swapping them is key to doing uber deathless.

Well but have you checked the new tree? (1.3)
It just feels like crap going for U.S now.
Do you feel like 16% MS could be enough for atziri fights (at least normal at first)? I can get that on the tree and with 20% AA.
Can i link you my new tree for you to check it out? The way i saw it i drop a 4l that would be the spell totem arc by using kaom's roots, so i put that in the 3l on the chest where cwdt would be.
Exactly how did you have more than one vaal haste? Your links on the original thread only shows one on the first 3l of the Belly.
"
viniciusxis wrote:
Well but have you checked the new tree? (1.3)
It just feels like crap going for U.S now.
Do you feel like 16% MS could be enough for atziri fights (at least normal at first)? I can get that on the tree and with 20% AA.
Can i link you my new tree for you to check it out? The way i saw it i drop a 4l that would be the spell totem arc by using kaom's roots, so i put that in the 3l on the chest where cwdt would be.
Exactly how did you have more than one vaal haste? Your links on the original thread only shows one on the first 3l of the Belly.

I posted a 1.3 tree. It's only a little worse than 1.2. Templar/Scion are better starts than witch now, but even witch isn't that bad.

You can get 3 vaal hastes by replace CWDT EC IC with Dur-VH-VH. I posted this just a few posts above.

Another problem with kaoms roots is lack of ES for Eldritch battery, making it harder to run 4 auras. You would need 250ES gloves with +1 gems to do it with kaom's roots.

Normal atziri is a joke if you use purity of fire and flasks. I take 1.6k dmg from the double flameblast. So to answer your question about movement speed: no it's net necessary for normal atziri.

Also champion of the cause is necessary for mana reservation.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Dec 5, 2014, 1:52:40 PM
I was thinking something like This https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA6QLfim0ZakPAVAj0vOp9GGvb7IpVxoPbBAdMszpYavoOXEV-Xyrr5P6zVyu9gvfXrJiFYKrEzLxNufrSHRSPRpuh42oWb4CkVdZk5xcvQqMksAPuM4cdvjwt2L3-Crc-xq7PMlltX5huqrXyNZKCx_noQYfGnhB_DH1qrFqRqH3T-5itKPpTUkWdmuDr7tsLgh7B85UgL2_ZE3C77BjBxYhCpDnQgUfiIuIVICpNPydKyE3j_o-mV2aewBqQVRo4Jy-4k6cIOuHyRS0f6roNfFfJRnG0DB2q4YiDCQ==
The Es node makes it easier to run auras and you can even take the Dreamer cluster if its really necessary. The reduced mana reserved is there and you get a little MS too, so the only thing missing would be the no-switch vaal haste and about 15% movespeed.
Question is still about wether it is worth it or not. With this though you have a lot more hp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info