{2.2} Spectral Gods: Poison Bleed Degen Summoner with Immortalis [Build video up]

Intro:
"

Hey Guys! My name is Matt and I have been an on and off summoner main since open beta.

So keeping true to the classic summoner roots here is the next iteration of the build for {2.2}! The idea this time is to use

for some interesting interactions and to scale up minion damage even further. We are going to scale degen to crazy levels with bleed/poison Knitted Horrors and poison zombies with everything in the build synergising with that.

This build will also have some amazing amounts of defensive stats and will be utilizing a new unique that is perfect for the whirling blade's style summoner.

Check the Build details below for a more detailed breakdown.

Please note my current character profile is playing a CI version of this build.

I saw some confusion so I just wanted to put this up here. These are two completely separate builds for different levels of budget. I did not want to level another witch to play the CI version so I used some regret orbs. If u want to play the cheaper tabula version please follow either this guide or the video. Thanks.

Build Details
Spoiler
Defense:
- Easily over 8k combined pool even with a Tabula Rasa equipped
- 4X%/1X% block by default, capped block & high spell block bone offering
- 594 life regained per block thanks to bone offering
- around 20% physical reduction, Some armor on shield and Fleshbinder
- 75% fire, 75% cold, 76% lightning
- amount of Chaos Res (dependent on gear)
- Good life regen to counter degen, 8.8% with consecrated ground + Umbilicus Immortalis + Nodes
- 51.6% less damage taken (enfeeble on blasphemy), 61.8% dmg reduction with helm enchantse)
- -50% mob chance to hit : Stibinite flask smoke cloud blind
- 20% less damage taken (fortify on advancing fortress)
- 68.8% slow(82.4% slow with +30% temporal chain helmet enchantment) - I believe slow cap is 75%
- Minions soak up Agroo
- Whirling blades away from danger
- Knockback abuse from Lion's Roar
- Purity of elements gives 37% All Res
- Discipline gives 430 flat es

Offense:
- 3 spectre for trash clearing (4 if vis mortis) - I am using knitted for more degen
- Poison stacking Zombie for single target
- Flesh offering : 30% atk spd + 29% castspd
- Onslaught Silver Flask : 20% atkspd/castspd
- vaal haste : 48.96% atkspd/castspd
- *Vulnerability : 68.8% phy dmg boost + 56.76% extra degen dmg
- Atziri's Promise : 34.5% phy dmg as extra chaos, 20.7% ele dmg as extra chaos, scales our degen
- Sulfer Flask : 55.2% increased dmg, general dmg to scale our degen more
- Lion's roar : knockback and 48.3% more melee phy dmg, scale phy and poison
- 33% damage aura from Animate Guardian, scale our degen and initial hit more
- 3x frenzy charge Poacher's mark, more move,cast,atk and more dmg for our degen

Utility:
- Total Curse effectiveness : 72%
- Total Flask effectiveness : 38%
- Total Aura effectiveness : 38%
- Poacher's Mark : 176% flask charges back, 71% chance to gain frenzy charges, 42 life back per atk

Build Videos:
"

Other Builds/Guides:

Passive Tree: Full build is at 90 points
"
30 Points
- Level as a spell caster at this pt, tips in early level summoner section

60 Points
- You can start to transition to a full summoner at this point. You have all your minion nodes and able to use auras.

90 Points: Full Build
- Flesh out more tankyness and grab points for your dual curse setup.

113 points: End Game Full Build
- Get more tanky, pick up more jewel sockets, add some aura and curse effectiveness

115 points: End Game Full Build CI version with Victario Charity Shield - More DPS and degen dmg counter

Ascendancy Tree:
"

b723e12dcab80a7f0d2ac3bcb3f71720
Mistress of Sacrifice First
Then Work your way to Soul Weaver

Bandits:
"
Kill all. Kill all. Kill all.

Aura's reservation setup:
"

Gear/Links:
"
Weapon - Whirling Blades + Faster Attack + Animated Guardian
1. Aurumvorax : Great early league item to cap res
2. Advancing Fortress : gives us a free fortify, max life, max es, and 15% block. Perfect. Use this once your res is capped without Aurum. The fortress will also give our Animated Guardian Fortify as well.

- Leer cast, Dying Breath, Death's Oath, Southbound, Whatever boots.

Shield - Discipline | Blasphemy + Enfeeble
1. Rare high es shield with life

Helm - Raise Zombie + Minion Dmg + Poison + MultiStrike/Bloodlust/Empower
1. High es helmet with +2 to minion gems
2. Vertex Helm, Great helm for end game. 50% reduced mana cost means we can keep spamming zombies with desecrate on the hardest hitting of bosses in the game.
* +1/2 Minion with a Lion's Roar is basically a 6L Zombie Lion Roar = MPD and +2Minions = Empower gem.

Chest - Raise Spectre Setup
1. Tabula Rasa : Pretty cheap option for a 6L - Use this till u have a 6L chest
2. Rare es or es/eva hybrid with life chest : Tankiest Option I would use this for HC. you will have something like a 12-14k life pool
3. Vis Mortis : Less tanky minions but that extra spectre and unholy might is really good. This is the end game SC option. You benefit from every stat from this item.

Knitted horrors + GMP + Min Dmg + Pierce + Slower Proj + Less Duration
Knitted Horrors cannot be desecrated unfortunately Find them in Dried lake

The idea here is to scale with as much MORE projectile, MORE minion as possible. Both slower and pierce has more projectile and minion dmg has more minion. Knitted also benefit from being one of the most tanky base types in the game.

Another option that people like to run are Flame Sentinels

Flame Sentinels + GMP + MinDmg + Spell Echo + Elemental Focus + FirePen
Combine this with elemental weakness instead of vulnerability and remember to pick up EE.

I believe flame sentinels to be the superior option vs the likes of Atziri. They just have more consistent dmg output regardless of whether or not something is moving.

Other spectre options are also viable, make sure to use EE if you pick an elemental one. Click on my spectre tier list for other choices.
{2.2} Raise Spectre Tier List

Boots - Inc Dur + VaalHaste + flesh offering/bone offering + Convocation
1. Bones of Ullr

Glove - CoH + ball lightning/firestorm + Poacher's mark(tempc on hard bosses) + Vulnerability
1. Rare es/life gloves

Unset ring
1. Purity of Elements

Doedre's Damning
You can drop this for a rare unset ring once u have a +1 curse ammy
Make sure the ring has some all attributes or dex/str to cover the loss of a citrine
You can use this unset to add a stone golem or whatever else u want. Rejuv totem will be nice to tank bosses

Belt
1. Umbilicus Immortalis
2. For Hardcore you may want to drop this belt for a rare belt, its up to you. I would consider it a major item for the build but I do see why its scary to not have an "oh shit" button.

Amulet
1. Defensive Ammy if using doedre, make sure its a citrine or high dex and str
2. The expensive +1curse ammy. This is the piece of equipment I will pick up at the very end when u have nothing else to upgrade.

Inventory
Your skill usage doesn't stop with just your sockets on your gear! You can manipulate your sockets on the fly to adjust to different scenarios. I reserve the top row of my inventory for this purpose.

Goes something like this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisdom scroll - Portal scroll - chaos orb - alteration - transmute - augment

Desecrate - bone offering - devouring totem(counters no regen)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flask Choices
"
1. Atziri's Promise : More chaos dmg for poison, and leach too!
2. Sulfer Flask : 40%(will be buffed by our flask stats) dmg and 4% regen from consecrated ground
3. Silver Flask : gives onslaught 20% move/cast/atk spd for all our minions
4. Lion's Roar : Knockback and Melee More multiplier(Very good for cheesing bosses)
5. Blood of The Karui : Instantly heal all of minion life after 2.7s

Inventory slot flasks:
Vessel of vinktar : 50% dmg increase from shocking everything :
Stibnite Flask : This blinds everything and counters attack based bosses with enfeeble

Some other options could be :
taste of hate : combine this with a physical spectre
Quicksilver flask : makes all your minions go zoom!
Basalt : counter's physical bosses and returns a heft amount of dmg back
Max res flasks : counter's high dmg elemental damage
Rumi's Concoction : for capped block minions

U will want to roll of staunching to remove bleed on your own character. Open your inventory -> click on the belt -> tap your remove bleed flask.

Jewel Selection
"
1. Reckless defense
2. Conqueror's Potency
3. Minion Damage and defensive stats for yourself. Possibly All res to cover the use of so many uniques

You can go double Reckless defense to cap your own spell block vs high dmg spell bosses

Character Sheet
"

Look for Immortalis_
The guy is currently running the CI version of the build found here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623375

Character sheet link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mattc3303/characters

Early level summoner tips
Spoiler
Normal:
Use my 30 points tree as indicated above for initial summoner leveling. You level as a firestorm spell caster until u reach Cruel Knitted Horrors. Raise skeletons + spell totem can be useful to absorb some agroo. You can easily trigger elemental overload for the tree 40% more dmg with orb of storms. Have either a +1 to fire or lightning weapon or a Life sprig to make your way through normal.

Use this setup for early levels:
firestorm + controlled destruction + elemental focus
orb of storms + increase critical strikes chance

These wands are good for the leveling process

Make sure to keep your minion related gems (zombie, spectre, min dmg, ect gems) in your alternate weapon slot to level the gems.

You can transition to the summoner build fully once you are able to revive Cruel Knitted Horrors.

Some build explanation/tips
Spoiler
Q : Why poison and bleed?
A : Poison/bleed has thee fantistic attribute of the ability to double dip with projectile and minion damage stat. What this means is that minion and proj dmg will scale the initial hit which makes degen hit harder but you also scale the degen again with the same stats. Hence double dipping. You can get to absurd levels of dmg with this.

Q : Why Vulnerability and Poacher's Mark and Enfeeble(on Blasphemy)?
A : A good mix of damage and defensiveness. Vulnerability 2 stats will boost your poison and bleed damage while poacher's mark gives your minions frenzy charges, life on hit, and the best part 176% flask charge recovery with our flask stats. This means u have a 99% up time on all your flasks. Enfeeble to make everything a bit safer and lets your minions absorb dmg better.

Q : Whirling blades in Advancing Fortress?
A : One of the reasons that summoners has relatively low clear speed is the lack of movement speed. With this combo you can whirling blades into a pack get fortify -> Convocation -> curse pack -> flesh offering/vaal haste. With mistress of sacrifice flesh offering gives you attack spd and movement spd making you go much faster. Add vaal haste on top of that and you will be flying through maps.

Q : Physical Mitigation?
A : What the build and most summoners suffer from is physical mitigation. With Ascendancy we can get around 5%(some gear armor) + 8-9% from zombies. The rest of your defense will be in the block chance some dodge chance, and huge ehp pool. You are also running fortify and enfeeble which will vastly reduce the physical dmg you take.

Q : How good are these Knitted Horrors?
A : They fit the degen theme of the build perfectly. They have a 100% pierce and 100% bleed projectile attack by default. They are also a very interesting mob. Its 2 monsters in one the archers are the ones that shoot on it's back while the main body can melee independently. This means convocation into a pack will not mess up their AI. The bleed dmg is 10% and 50% additional while mobs are moving.

Q : Can you explain this link to me? Knitted Horrors + GMP + MinDmg + Slower Proj + Pierce + Less duration.
A : GMP for area coverage. Mindmg, slower proj, pierce, less duration all have a MORE multiplier to scale both the initial hit and the bleed.

Q : You are using Umbilicus Immortalis. Isn't that a drop in utility and no access to seething flasks?
A : I believe the trade off is fair. You can vastly buff the damage of your minions and create some very good defensive "fields" for your self. Chill grounds/consecrated grounds/smoke clouds/KB. In dangerous situations we will rely on capped block, life gained on block(bone offering), and good movement with fortify whirling blades.

Q : Can you explain triple dipping for me?
A : Sure. Essentially degen damage inherit the tags of the base skill. In this case Knitted horrors use a projectile attack that punctures. Minion damage and projectile and general damage increase will buff the initial hit AND also scales the degen damage afterwards. So for one minion damage gem you are getting 50+50 or 100% more damage. When we throw poison gem into the equation now we have 2 degens that scales. So now we are getting 50+50+50 = 150% more damage. Which is just crazy.

Q : Any map mods that is bad for this build?
A : Immune to curses would be the biggest hit to the build since we are tri curse. No life regen can be countered by a devouring totem. Blood magic is annoying. Less regen is very doable just can't spam WB.
"The power of rebirth rivals that of immortality."
- Icius Perandus, Antiquities Collection, Item 3
Last edited by mattc3303 on April 28, 2016 10:14 AM
Last bumped on April 30, 2016, 10:27 am
I like this build. Got some questions.
1. Shock duration, +15% - you didn't take it, is your shock duration long enough?
2. Iron reflexes - how much armor do you have wearing hybrid eva/es armor? Cause hybrid armor has much lesser ES on, making es nodes less efficient.
3. You didn't take alacrity and agility (+30 dex each), i assume gear must have a lot of +dex mods on for lv60+ gear?
4. Elemental equilibrium - arc hits 3 opponents per cast, how do you manage large groups?
5. 8% resistance nodes - imo not high enough, gear can have +30-40% resist mod.
Readers will appreciate if you state your message as short as possible - it will save them time reading it.
Punctuation makes reading easier and faster.
1. With Temp chains the shock duration is long enough

2. this is my planned summoner build for anarchy, I can't tell u exact numbers yet. But you'll focus more on es than eva

3. You have enough dex, you just need str on gear

4. large groups, which will be mainly white won't require the added EE damage they pretty much die fairly quickly, EE is more for blues, yellows, unique bosses

5. the 16% resist is just added benefit from taking es nodes, the rest will be covered by with gear

- mechanics has been tested on my hp/eb summoner on default
I dont get why people use remote mine in zombies, how does it works?
"

Remote mine is a multiplier(more), not an additive bonus. This gives an exponential increase in damage. instead of 50% + 50% = 100% [increase] its 1.5 x 1.5 = 300% times more damage[more].

When the remote mine is activated. The minion gains that 50%[more] multiplier.
Looks like a good sold build.

My question is this. Would it not be better to get the best of both worlds. Armor to reduce phy dmg when you get hit pluse evation to not be hit as much. Like in this build only using the Armor/ES templer style gear with out IR.

And with this build we get another 1% ES reg from the life node in templer as well nicely complementing the Zealots Oath node.
Elder Wand Power!
Last edited by Balthizar1903 on June 8, 2013 10:30 PM
"
Completed 23 Challengesmattc3303 wrote:
its 1.5 x 1.5 = 300% times more damage[more].

That'd be 225%, not 300%. =o)

"
My question is this. Would it not be better to get the best of both worlds. Armor to reduce phy dmg when you get hit pluse evation to not be hit as much. Like in this build only using the Armor/ES templer style gear with out IR.

Iron Reflexes is awesome. Armor becomes much more effective the more it dwarfs incoming damage. Evasion just isn't worth it. With IR, all your armor nodes now affect evasion, including what you get from Grace, and then Determination multiplies all of it even more!
yeah its 225%, wtf wheres my simple multiplication skills lol...

IR because, grace + eva stats is multiplied by the eva% than its multiplied again with the armor%. Works the same was like es -> mana with EB than another mana% multiplier.

I also thought long and hard about that 1% but since we are most likely not grabbing rejuv aura. 1% isn't much and that 6% hp node is completely wasted. A rejuv totem should do nicely. The other alternative is to hook up life steal with ghost reaver on your arc.

Armor works all the time while evasion only works some of the time and when it fails your gonna take massive damage.
Last edited by mattc3303 on June 8, 2013 11:29 PM
"
IR because, grace + eva stats is multiplied by the eva% than its multiplied again with the armor%. Works the same was like es -> mana with EB than another mana% multiplier.

It's additive, not multiplicative. Basically, you go from this:

Armor = Gear * ([Armor nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes]) * Determination
Evasion = (Gear + Grace) * ([Dexterity] + [Evasion nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes])

To this:

Armor = Gear * ([Armor nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes]) * Determination
Evasion = (Gear + Grace) * ([Dexterity] + [Evasion nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes] + [Armor nodes]) * Determination

Then the results are added together as your final armor total.
Last edited by Hercanic on June 8, 2013 11:55 PM
"

Zombie + remote mine is difficult to re-summon - placed mine counts as zombie.

"
1. With Temp chains the shock duration is long enough

2. this is my planned summoner build for anarchy, I can't tell u exact numbers yet. But you'll focus more on es than eva

3. You have enough dex, you just need str on gear

4. large groups, which will be mainly white won't require the added EE damage they pretty much die fairly quickly, EE is more for blues, yellows, unique bosses

5. the 16% resist is just added benefit from taking es nodes, the rest will be covered by with gear

- mechanics has been tested on my hp/eb summoner on default

Good plan, waiting for armor numbers and youtube video.
Readers will appreciate if you state your message as short as possible - it will save them time reading it.
Punctuation makes reading easier and faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info