Path of Exile

{2.0}Spectral Gods: Temporal Summoner

Intro:
"

Ello guys, I know I have been on a hiatus since 1.3. I apologize to all the people I did not respond back to. My career took off and I have been very busy as of late. Now that things have calmed down a bit am going to enjoy the fuck out of Awakening and the new tools summoners have access to.

Am currently playing on Warbands but I believe this build is incredibly safe and tanky that it could very well do tempest.

/>
As the title suggests I am going to stop mobs in their tracks and manipulate time. How you ask?
Spoiler

- Step 1: Curse Effectiveness and Temporal chains
* 40% from tree | 18% from AG Dying Breath | 10% from CoH 20% Q 1.68
* Temporal Chains 20/23 = 40.5% slower
* Add Enhance Level 4 = 24% Q = 12% slower

-Step 2: Add Chill from Arctic Breath or by other means
Normal Mobs:
- 52.5% Slower * 1.68 = 88.2% Slow
* Add Chill 30 + 88.2 = 118.2% : TIME STOP
Map Bosses:
- 88.2% * .4 = 35.28%
* Add Chill 30 + 35.28 = 65.28% Cast/Atk Slow
* Add Abyssal Cry = 26 + 65.28 : 91.28% movement slow (Also .86% movement slow per enemy)
* You will need roughly 1 boss + 9 other adds to TIME STOP
Act Bosses:
- 88.2% * .3 = 26.46%
* Add Chill 30 + 26.46% = 56.46% Cast/Atk Slow
* Add Abyssal Cry = 26 + 56.46 : 82.46% movement slow : 17.54
* Roughly 1 boss and 19 adds to TIME STOP

- Abyssal Cry has 26% reduced movespd + .86 per nearby mob
- Chilling grounds has 30% slow to movespd + cast speed + attack speed
- Temporal chains can get 88.2% Slow

Cost of the build should be anywhere around 1ex to 10ex depending on how expensive rare gear is and nicely rolled jewels.

Videos
"

Build Video:
Time Stopping in action:

If you want to check out my character progression, gear/tree am using right now u can check out my character pg: The character you are looking for is 'DickInTheBox' ;P
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mattc3303/characters

Build List/Guides:
{2.0}Spectral Gods: TemporalSummoner
{2.0}Spectral Gods: Blood Lust Hybrid Summoner/SRS

{2.0}Spectral Gods: Bow Blocker Summoner
{2.0}Spectral Gods: Spectre Tier List
{2.0}Spectral Gods: Summoner's Guide to Wraeclast

Passive Tree:
"

Bandits:
"
Kill all.

Gear/Links:
"

***Rare pieces should be {es | life | chaos res | res}

Aurumvorax - Whirling Blades + Faster Attack + Convocation
Some other options are:
Ephemeral Edge - 40-50% inc es is pretty nice

High es +2min helm/Vertex - Raise Zombie + Minion Resistance + Minion Life + Fortify/Animate G
* You will most likely want to replace Animate guardian with fortify on hard bosses or situations.
* You will want to corrupt minion damage on this helm.

Raise Zombie
Spoiler

Will mostly serve as your meat tanks.
If you want a dps option and drop AG you can spec...
RZ + fasteratk + Mstrike + MPD/Lifeleach - leach for boss tanking.

Animate Guardian
Spoiler

Basic gear will be...
- Leer cast 1alch-1c
- Dying Breath 1fuse-1c
- Chest, Glove, and Boot will be up to you

* Be warned if your AG dies the gear you used on him will disappear. Thankfully the 2 main pieces is incredibly cheap. A good indicator of when you should swap in your fortify gem is when you see your zombies dying very fast.

Tabula Rasa/Vis Mortis/High Es Chest -
This is the piece where u put you spectre of choice in. Tabula being the cheapest, Vis Mortis your dps option and Rare es being your defensive option.

Here is a tier list of the spectre's : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346450

Currently I still find Revenants to be unbeatable in terms of dmg, tankiness, and ease to get
Revenants:
{RS + Chain + Spell Echo + Minion Damage} + GMP/LMP + Lightpen

Revenants
Spoiler

You will want to replace chain with slower proj vs single target
If your using Arctic breath or whispering ice Hypothermia works in place of chain

Bones of Ullr - Inc Dur + VaalHaste/Discipline + flesh offering + Abyssal cry
* You may want to corrupt for chaos res
* Always take vaal discipline for HC.
* Everything else is fairly straight forward except for Abyssal cry. This actually stacks with our chill ground slow and temp chain slow. And a nice 8% mob max like as dmg too.

Rare glove - Curse Setup
* You want to corrupt for + lv 10-12 ele weak in this item

Couple of ways you can go about doing this setup...
Spoiler
Offensive - uses firestorm
- Elemental Weakness
- Conductivity
- + Temp Chains if(ele weak corrupt)

Balance - uses firestorm
- Temporal chains
- elemental weakness
- + conductivity if(ele weak corrupt)

Defensive - uses firestorm
- Temp chains
- Enfeeble
- eleweak corrupt

Slowing setup w/o and /w Whispering Ice Staff
- Arctic breath + GMP/Enhance
- Tempchains
- corrupt ele weak

Whispering Ice staff
You can also run Whispering ice staff 5-6linked for an ultimate cursing setup will require a few gear changes to accomodate +curse gems

6l is...
Temp chains + Elemental Weakness + Conductivity + Enfeeble + Enhance + CoH

Rare Shield - Discipline | Wrath + Generosity

unset ring #1 - Clarity <- Spamming arctic breath costs a lot

unset ring #2 - Rejuv totem/Devouring/Desecrate

rare belt
* corrupt for either chaos res or +x lv clarity in this item

rare ammy
* Most likely a Citrine to deal with Attribute costs of skills
* Once your stats are good you can use any ammy you wish and corrupt +1 curse.

Inventory
Your skill usage doesn't stop with just your sockets on your gear! You can manipulate your sockets on the fly to adjust to different scenarios. I reserve the top row of my inventory for this purpose.
Look at the spoiler list for unset rings above to pick out options that works for you!

Goes something like this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisdom scroll - Portal scroll - chaos orb - alteration - transmute - augment

Rejuv totem - Desecrate - Devour totem - bone offering - phase run
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rejuv totem/devouring : these can be replaced back and forth with Animated Guardian.

Desecrate/phase run : replace this with faster attacks on your WB setup
Desecrate for corpses
phase run to deal with Haku missions while u are carrying the Karui spirit

bone offering instead of flesh offering

Flask Choices
"

*Your #1 is your constant 'flows' flask. A long timed Flask for constant minion life upkeep
*Your #2-4 are your panic buttons. Seething/animations
*Your #5 will take care of the two most deadly degen style types in the game chaos resistances and bleeds.

Jewel Selection
"

You'll want to be rolling Rare Jewels or Magic Ones.

You have 4 slots on a rare for 2 prefixes and 2 suffix

prefix 1: Minion Damage 14-16%
prefix 2: Players have 6-8% life OR Es ; either is fine
suffix 1: 7-13% chaos res
suffix 2: All Attribute, Dex, Dex&Str, Minion Res ; either is fine

Early level summoner tips pre-cruel Revenants:
Spoiler

I just like to start off by saying summoners don't have an exciting start, minions are super weak early and it may be discouraging but hold on! IT WILL GET MUCH BETTER.

Lv 1->25
* am assuming you got the 3 passive pts from act 1 and half of act 2
- Pick up lightning tendrils from the Hillock reward {added cold + light}
- Grab Flame Totem from breaking eggs quest mudflats
- Get Flame Totem linked with {faster cast + firepen}, u can use added cold/light till u get firepen
- Keep your zombie gem in your offhand switch, you want to start to level this asap
- Skeleton + Minion Damage + Minion Life + Minion Instability Node will help immensely with hard bosses

Lv 26-> till you have access to cruel Revenants
- Drop tendrils and start spamming your dual flame totems
- Once your zombie gets to around Lv11 {minion life + Minion resist + Mstrike}
- Throw a chaos golem someone in your sockets
- Act 3 you will get a raise spectre. If you have Bones and Death Attunement it is time to get some spectres
* Some good options are:
Flame Sentinels {echo + minion dmg + lmp}
Lantern bearers/Illuminates {echo + minion dmg + lmp}
Knitted Horrors {lmp + minion dmg + phy proj dmg}
Evangelist {echo + minion dmg + Inc AOE}
Revenants(norm)

Cruel Revenants -> Beyond
- Pretty much smooth sailing from here on, it is time to drop those 4 totem pts.

Some build explanation/tips
Spoiler

Animate Guardian setup:
Leer cast + Dying breath + Cassok combo gives you: 33% ADD dmg | 18% curse effectiveness | 4% max life per second consecrated ground effects.
An extra tanker. End game he should have 25,000 hp. cap res and extremely high chaos.
It also looks awesome to tote around extra auras and have awesome green highlighting of mobs.

With all the nerfs to aura stacking and buffs to curses. I think the most efficient way to get the most bang for your buck on the passive tree is to stack all of the curse nodes and a bit of the aura nodes. Going down to the shadow/ranger aura nodes seems like a massive waste now. There are different combos of auras but I like the balance setup for softcore and the defensive option for hardcore.

Whirling blades on a summoner what?!?!? I found that one of the biggest limitation to summoner clear speed is actually tied to your movement. Move faster, get to the next pack faster, get to the next map faster. It also serves as a great dodging tool to dodge boss mechanics. You can use any claw/dagger/sword in the game

My thoughts on war crys. Honestly they are all good in their own way.
For our Time Stopping Mage Abyssal Cry stacks movespeed slow with Temp and Chill grounds. And an 8% of mobs hp on death as a chaos explosion.

So one of the problems this build has is physical damage. This is countered with slowing most big melee hits down and dodging with whirling blades

Remember, you have a lot of effective life but you're no armor tank. Always whirling blades out of danger and you will live a fruitful hardcore life =).

For end game if you want more dps start stacking Jewel slots as it will be the only way to progress damage as a summoner after quality 20% and lv20 gems. Ea Jewel sockets giving you 16% minion dmg

Great poe resources
"
"With death as my ally, all the world is within my grasp."
Last edited by mattc3303 on August 14, 2015 5:13 PM
I like this build. Got some questions.
1. Shock duration, +15% - you didn't take it, is your shock duration long enough?
2. Iron reflexes - how much armor do you have wearing hybrid eva/es armor? Cause hybrid armor has much lesser ES on, making es nodes less efficient.
3. You didn't take alacrity and agility (+30 dex each), i assume gear must have a lot of +dex mods on for lv60+ gear?
4. Elemental equilibrium - arc hits 3 opponents per cast, how do you manage large groups?
5. 8% resistance nodes - imo not high enough, gear can have +30-40% resist mod.
Readers will appreciate if you state your message as short as possible - it will save them time reading it.
Punctuation makes reading easier and faster.
1. With Temp chains the shock duration is long enough

2. this is my planned summoner build for anarchy, I can't tell u exact numbers yet. But you'll focus more on es than eva

3. You have enough dex, you just need str on gear

4. large groups, which will be mainly white won't require the added EE damage they pretty much die fairly quickly, EE is more for blues, yellows, unique bosses

5. the 16% resist is just added benefit from taking es nodes, the rest will be covered by with gear

- mechanics has been tested on my hp/eb summoner on default
I dont get why people use remote mine in zombies, how does it works?
"

Remote mine is a multiplier(more), not an additive bonus. This gives an exponential increase in damage. instead of 50% + 50% = 100% [increase] its 1.5 x 1.5 = 300% times more damage[more].

When the remote mine is activated. The minion gains that 50%[more] multiplier.
Looks like a good sold build.

My question is this. Would it not be better to get the best of both worlds. Armor to reduce phy dmg when you get hit pluse evation to not be hit as much. Like in this build only using the Armor/ES templer style gear with out IR.

And with this build we get another 1% ES reg from the life node in templer as well nicely complementing the Zealots Oath node.
Elder Wand Power!
Last edited by Balthizar1903 on June 9, 2013 2:30 AM
"
mattc3303 wrote:
its 1.5 x 1.5 = 300% times more damage[more].

That'd be 225%, not 300%. =o)

"
My question is this. Would it not be better to get the best of both worlds. Armor to reduce phy dmg when you get hit pluse evation to not be hit as much. Like in this build only using the Armor/ES templer style gear with out IR.

Iron Reflexes is awesome. Armor becomes much more effective the more it dwarfs incoming damage. Evasion just isn't worth it. With IR, all your armor nodes now affect evasion, including what you get from Grace, and then Determination multiplies all of it even more!
yeah its 225%, wtf wheres my simple multiplication skills lol...

IR because, grace + eva stats is multiplied by the eva% than its multiplied again with the armor%. Works the same was like es -> mana with EB than another mana% multiplier.

I also thought long and hard about that 1% but since we are most likely not grabbing rejuv aura. 1% isn't much and that 6% hp node is completely wasted. A rejuv totem should do nicely. The other alternative is to hook up life steal with ghost reaver on your arc.

Armor works all the time while evasion only works some of the time and when it fails your gonna take massive damage.
Last edited by mattc3303 on June 9, 2013 3:29 AM
"
mattc3303 wrote:
IR because, grace + eva stats is multiplied by the eva% than its multiplied again with the armor%. Works the same was like es -> mana with EB than another mana% multiplier.

It's additive, not multiplicative. Basically, you go from this:

Armor = Gear * ([Armor nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes]) * Determination
Evasion = (Gear + Grace) * ([Dexterity] + [Evasion nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes])

To this:

Armor = Gear * ([Armor nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes]) * Determination
Evasion = (Gear + Grace) * ([Dexterity] + [Evasion nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes] + [Armor nodes]) * Determination

Then the results are added together as your final armor total.
Last edited by Hercanic on June 9, 2013 3:55 AM
"

Zombie + remote mine is difficult to re-summon - placed mine counts as zombie.

"
mattc3303 wrote:
1. With Temp chains the shock duration is long enough

2. this is my planned summoner build for anarchy, I can't tell u exact numbers yet. But you'll focus more on es than eva

3. You have enough dex, you just need str on gear

4. large groups, which will be mainly white won't require the added EE damage they pretty much die fairly quickly, EE is more for blues, yellows, unique bosses

5. the 16% resist is just added benefit from taking es nodes, the rest will be covered by with gear

- mechanics has been tested on my hp/eb summoner on default

Good plan, waiting for armor numbers and youtube video.
Readers will appreciate if you state your message as short as possible - it will save them time reading it.
Punctuation makes reading easier and faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info