{1.3}Spectral Gods: Summoner Builds Grimoire[Templar SRS, Witch Pure Summoner]

Intro:
"

Hello! My name is Matt and I have been a long time fan of POE and ARPG's in general. I really liked the summoning theme since the d2 Necro and the Summoner style in POE was a natural Fit. Here are some summoner themed or other wise builds I have played...

Complimentary Thread: Minion Information.

===Builds overview===
Mass Skullicide > Templar - SRS - Life
~ Offense: 6L SRS in Staff
~ Defense: Life, CoD Chest, Arctic Armor
~ Utility: Dual Curse + EE, 2-3 Auras

"Gotta go fast" - Sanic > Witch - Spectre/Zombie - Hybrid Build Theme Song
~ Offense: 9 4L Zombies, 3 6L Spectre
~ Defense: High Hybrid Life/Es pool, Zealots Regen,
~ Utility: Dual Curse + EE, 4-5 Auras depending on whether or not Prism Guardian is used

~~~Templar - Mass Skullicide~~~
Spoiler

Mass Skullicide is a tank focused life based SRS Summoner

===Passive Tree | Bandits===
Spoiler

===Gem Links===
Spoiler
Weapon - 6L - Main Skill

Auras
3L > Reduced Mana - Hatred - Generosity
3L > Reduced Mana - Clarity - Haste

Curse
4L > Ball Lightning - Curse on Hit - Temporal Chains(Kiting)/Vulnerability - Elemental Weakness

Utilities
4L > Flesh Offering - Vaal Haste - Arctic Armor - Increased Duration

===Gear===
Spoiler
Weapon
Find a +2 Fire Staff or better a +1 Level +2Fire Gem staff. The most important feature would be a staff that is 5L or 6L. Craft +2 fire on it and if you want to take the next step +1/+2. Use Catarina's Bench to craft cast speed.

Chest
To take advantage of our naturally high mana left over due to EB. We are going to take the Cloak of Defiance unique chest. This gives us a 30% Mind over Matter.

Helmet
Rare helmet with ES/Life/Resistances

Glove
Rare glove with ES/Life/Resistances

Boot
Rare boot with ES/Life/Resistances

Belt
Rare belt with Life/Resistances

Rings
Rare Rings with Life/Resistances

Amulet
Rare Ammy with Life/Resistances

Flasks
*Good Flask Options
Seething/Ect Divine Life Flasks - However many you like to carry to feel comfortable
Ect/Adrenaline Quick Silver Flasks
Elemental Resistance Flasks According to the damage type of the boss your facing

===Videos===

~~~Witch - "Gotta go fast" - Sanic ~~~
Spoiler

"Gotta go fast" - Sanic is build inspired by Sanic Sensei =D. It combines Leap slam with a summoner to clear maps fast.

===Passive Tree | Bandits===
Le Passive
Level 60 - 80 Point Build
Level 80 - 100 Point Build
Level 90 - 110 Point Build

Dem Bandits
Kill All > Kill All > Kill All

===Gem Links | +Explanation===

Ideal Setup

===Gear | +Explanation===
===Videos===
"With death as my ally, all the world is within my grasp."
Last edited by mattc3303 on April 23, 2015 5:36 PM
I like this build. Got some questions.
1. Shock duration, +15% - you didn't take it, is your shock duration long enough?
2. Iron reflexes - how much armor do you have wearing hybrid eva/es armor? Cause hybrid armor has much lesser ES on, making es nodes less efficient.
3. You didn't take alacrity and agility (+30 dex each), i assume gear must have a lot of +dex mods on for lv60+ gear?
4. Elemental equilibrium - arc hits 3 opponents per cast, how do you manage large groups?
5. 8% resistance nodes - imo not high enough, gear can have +30-40% resist mod.
1. With Temp chains the shock duration is long enough

2. this is my planned summoner build for anarchy, I can't tell u exact numbers yet. But you'll focus more on es than eva

3. You have enough dex, you just need str on gear

4. large groups, which will be mainly white won't require the added EE damage they pretty much die fairly quickly, EE is more for blues, yellows, unique bosses

5. the 16% resist is just added benefit from taking es nodes, the rest will be covered by with gear

- mechanics has been tested on my hp/eb summoner on default
I dont get why people use remote mine in zombies, how does it works?
"

Remote mine is a multiplier(more), not an additive bonus. This gives an exponential increase in damage. instead of 50% + 50% = 100% [increase] its 1.5 x 1.5 = 300% times more damage[more].

When the remote mine is activated. The minion gains that 50%[more] multiplier.
Looks like a good sold build.

My question is this. Would it not be better to get the best of both worlds. Armor to reduce phy dmg when you get hit pluse evation to not be hit as much. Like in this build only using the Armor/ES templer style gear with out IR.

And with this build we get another 1% ES reg from the life node in templer as well nicely complementing the Zealots Oath node.
Elder Wand Power!
Last edited by Balthizar1903 on June 9, 2013 2:30 AM
"
mattc3303 wrote:
its 1.5 x 1.5 = 300% times more damage[more].

That'd be 225%, not 300%. =o)

"
My question is this. Would it not be better to get the best of both worlds. Armor to reduce phy dmg when you get hit pluse evation to not be hit as much. Like in this build only using the Armor/ES templer style gear with out IR.

Iron Reflexes is awesome. Armor becomes much more effective the more it dwarfs incoming damage. Evasion just isn't worth it. With IR, all your armor nodes now affect evasion, including what you get from Grace, and then Determination multiplies all of it even more!
yeah its 225%, wtf wheres my simple multiplication skills lol...

IR because, grace + eva stats is multiplied by the eva% than its multiplied again with the armor%. Works the same was like es -> mana with EB than another mana% multiplier.

I also thought long and hard about that 1% but since we are most likely not grabbing rejuv aura. 1% isn't much and that 6% hp node is completely wasted. A rejuv totem should do nicely. The other alternative is to hook up life steal with ghost reaver on your arc.

Armor works all the time while evasion only works some of the time and when it fails your gonna take massive damage.
Last edited by mattc3303 on June 9, 2013 3:29 AM
"
mattc3303 wrote:
IR because, grace + eva stats is multiplied by the eva% than its multiplied again with the armor%. Works the same was like es -> mana with EB than another mana% multiplier.

It's additive, not multiplicative. Basically, you go from this:

Armor = Gear * ([Armor nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes]) * Determination
Evasion = (Gear + Grace) * ([Dexterity] + [Evasion nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes])

To this:

Armor = Gear * ([Armor nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes]) * Determination
Evasion = (Gear + Grace) * ([Dexterity] + [Evasion nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes] + [Armor nodes]) * Determination

Then the results are added together as your final armor total.
Last edited by Hercanic on June 9, 2013 3:55 AM
"

Zombie + remote mine is difficult to re-summon - placed mine counts as zombie.

"
mattc3303 wrote:
1. With Temp chains the shock duration is long enough

2. this is my planned summoner build for anarchy, I can't tell u exact numbers yet. But you'll focus more on es than eva

3. You have enough dex, you just need str on gear

4. large groups, which will be mainly white won't require the added EE damage they pretty much die fairly quickly, EE is more for blues, yellows, unique bosses

5. the 16% resist is just added benefit from taking es nodes, the rest will be covered by with gear

- mechanics has been tested on my hp/eb summoner on default

Good plan, waiting for armor numbers and youtube video.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info