{2.5} Spectral Gods: Goat Simulator Classic Summoner

Intro
"
Hey Guys! My name is Matt and I have been an on and off summoner theorycrafter since beta back in 2012.

So keeping true to the classic summoner roots here is the next iteration of the build for {2.5}! The flavor of the month spectre we are going to use this league are the goatman fire-raiser's. We are going to shotgun with magma orbs and scale poison and ignite damage with minion, projectile, and area damage. The same setup will work for Flame sentinels and Merveil blessed. For Guardian, Shaper, Uber Atziri I recommend using Cannibal Fire-eaters.

Keep in mind due to the unique requirements this isn't a league starter friendly build.

Offensive mechanics:
- 4x spectres
- Full build will have 80% AOE for pack clear(Gem + dyingsun)
- scale with conceffect, slowerproj, minion damage and poison support for single target. Elemental spectre can poison with atziri flask when it is up combined with the immortalis belt.
- Ignite damage will double dip with area, minion, projectile, and general dmg stats
- Poison damage(from atziri promise + poison gem) will double dip with area, minion, projectile, and general dmg stats
- Damage flasks: vinktar, chalice, atziri promise, witchfire brew
- Flammability and projectile weakness, Ignite chance + firepen + more proj damage for double dip

Defensive mechanic:
- As high of an ES pool we can get, I currently have 8.9k es with some decent gear and without a shield. Using a shield instead of charity will push you past 11-12k
- High es regen, 800+es/s with consecrated ground up. this is to counter ignite and bleed
- 8 zombies + 4 spectre + 1 stonegolem + 1 animate guardian for agroo soak
- shield charge movement, Our high mobility is one of our best defenses always try to stay mid-far range from enemies.
- Chaos Immune
- Projectile weakness will knock back most bosses providing a lot of safety.
- option to use utility flasks, stibnite for blinds for example

Video: Kills are all done on a cheap 5L
Double Palace Kill, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKf2F8IPXJY&feature=youtu.be
Maze Boss, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLuxvXu7MpQ&t=2m45s
Abyss Boss(Kaom) - t13 goats) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgwONmsBaJI
Shrine Piety - t15 goats - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4KyGg-wq4I&feature=youtu.be
Scriptorium - t13 Merveil Blessed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obMovy4KaKA&t=5m50s

Other Builds/Guides
"

Skill Tree
"

[lv68]Working Build

[lv90]Full Build

[lv91]Endgame defensive stacking, 2nd Energy within

[lv90]Full Build Poe Official Link

Bandits:
Kill all -> Kill all -> Kill all

Ascendancy:
Commander of Darkness -> Soul Weaver -> Your choice of spirit eater or mistress of sacrifice
spirit eater will give you more damage
mistress of sacrifice will give you more utility/character speed
076b855be3518e1732faea187b965ef6

Links:
"

These spectre Choices are all good and work off of BBBBGG
Spoiler
Goatman Fire-raiser:
packs:
RS + Spell Echo + GMP + Minion Damage + faster proj + iAOE
single:
RS + Spell Echo + GMP + Minion Damage + poison + Conc

* Faster Proj is a very underrated support gem for minions. For most projectile based spectre's this will double their range and really increase your clear speed.

* We go poison + conc support gem switch before a boss. When u hit Atziri promise you have about 6 seconds for all your goats to deal poison damage. This is more than enough time for a boss to die. If they don't u have another charge of atziri's promise. Hitting vinktars will kill bosses even faster as 50% more will scale ignite, poison, and initial hit. We keep GMP so the magma orbs has a higher chance to hit mobile bosses and increase the odds of bosses being in that shotgun zone.

* Magma orb shotgun mechanics as explained by ZiggyD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPOzx8eFow
Poorly drawn paint rendering of what happens. This should work on any bosses that are kuduku sized or bigger
f6e8a02aa6bdf0d58b960932c56d33a6

Option #2: Merveil's Blessed
packs:
RS + Spell Echo + GMP + Minion Damage + faster proj + faster casting/iCrit/controlled dest
single:
RS + Spell Echo + GMP + Minion Damage + poison + faster casting/iCrit/controlled dest

Another great choice as a spectre. These guys shoot frostbolts and seawitchwave attacks. The sea witch wave attack seems to overlap with GMP. I am not sure if this causes the attack to shotgun? Less damage then the Fire-raisers but they can consistently Freeze anything but high hp bosses with power charges and frostbite curse up. Frostbolt is 100% pierce so these guys clears packs extremely fast.

I sometimes find them in courtyard. Althou they don't seem to spawn there too often. Still looking for a more reliable location.

Option #3: Flame Sentinels
packs:
RS + Spell Echo + GMP + Minion Damage + faster proj + iAOE
single:
RS + Spell Echo + poison + Minion Damage + faster proj/slower proj + conc

use slower proj if the boss is slow or stationary.
faster proj if they are fast and mobile.

Endgame Boss Option: Cannibal Fire-eaters
packs:
RS + Minion Damage + GMP + Faster Proj + Controlled Dest + Elemental Focus
single:
RS + Minion Damage + Slowerproj + Faster Proj/Poison + Controlled Dest + Elemental Focus

I believe these spectre has the highest dps possible for single targets.

Animate guardian gear
Spoiler

Dying Breath
Kaom's Roots
Southbound gloves

4L Curse Setup:
Ball Lighting + CoH + curse1 + curse2

* Most damage = flammability/frostbite + Projectile Weakness
* Flask uptime = Projectile Weakness + poacher's mark
* Defensive flask uptime = Enfeeble + poacher's mark
* Most defensive = Enfeeble + temporal chains

4L aura setup:
anger + generosity | purity of elements | Convocation

3L:
Inc Duration + Flesh offering + Vaal Haste

3L:
Shield Charge + Faster Attack + fortify/desecrate

1l(Pariah):
Discipline

1l(unset):
stonegolem

Inventory:
Keep single target switch, desecrate, any flasks u wish to swap in your inventory

Gear:
"

Weapons:
Offensive:

* Best weapon corruption is culling strikes
Defensive:

Offhand:

If you want more tankiness drop victario for a high es shield. You should be able to get to 10k es

Armor:

* Best possibly helm enchant is 30% reduced convocation cooldown. This puts convocate at 5.6s. Positioning minions will increase damage and survivability more so than any other damage enchant.

* Best Possible boot enchant is Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently

* Best Possible glove enchant is Commandment of the Grave

Accessories:

* Best Possible Amulet corruption is +1 curse
* Best Possible belt corruption is 8% increased skill duration

* Immortalis belt is optional. You gain a lot of utility, damage, and minion defense in exchange for player survivability. It also gives elemental spectre like Flame sentinels the ability to swap a green gem to poison and deal a lot more damage with Atziri promise.

Jewels:
energy from within
estack minion dmg jewels + defensive stats

Flasks:
Immortalis flask setup:
Core Flasks
- The overflowing chalice
- Atziri Promise

Expensive add ons
- Witchfire Brew
- Vinktars(get a cheap 10% light pen one all we care about is the shock)
- Dying sun, for more aoe clearing goodness

optional utility/defensive:
- Stibnite as an anti-attack boss flask
- Rumi's + bone offering for high block chance
- Diamond Flask + pcharge combo for high crit chance

* If you're going for a crystal belt just pick up your standard CI defensive flasks.

* poacher's mark and chalice should keep you topped off on flasks. I normally only use flasks on bosses and tanky rares as blue and whites monster are already getting oneshotted. Hitting 1,2,3,4,5 will instantly give you 3 support gem equivalent of damage.

Mechanics
Spoiler
GoatMan Fire-Raisers, where can i get them and what do they do?
Spoiler
So far I have found them to reliably spawn in canyon(t6), shaped canyon(t11), Plateau(t12), and Gorge(t13). They will also spawn in maps that has goatman and animals mods. Just keep desecrating.

You can look at my necronomicon guide for more detailed information but they shoot fireball at long range. Their fireballs has a avg flat damage range of 1583 to 2464. They shoot magma orbs at medium range which has an avg flat damage range of 2224 to 2965. They also cast molten shell which grants them 19399 armour. If the shield explodes it deals 2698 to 4048. As you can see their flat damage is absurdly high, twice that of flame sentinels.

Due to Magma orb mechanics and having 4 goats with spell echo and gmp. We are at 40 magma orbs in a single wave. With Dying sun we are at 56 magma orbs in a single wave of attack. The idea is to get as many of these magma orbs to proc the overlap(as described in the image) and grant that ideal shotgun scenario where they get hit by two magma orbs at the same time.

Since the flat damage is so high. They also scale very nicely with ignite damage. This is why we use flammability in our offensive curse setup, victorio charity's 600% iCrit chance also gives them a 35% chance to crit which gives them a 130% crit multi bonus to their damage and grants them a bigger ignite. Ignite will double dip any any projectile, area, and minion damage stats.

They however come with a -50% reduced cast speed implicit. Spell echo and stacking cast speed mostly negates this downside.

Why Shield Charge
Spoiler
This will be our offensive, defensive, and movement skill. Since shield charge scales with movement and attack speed. With self flesh offering giving us both movement and attack speed you will be able to travel very very fast. With vaal haste up your basically sonic.

Use this skill to get up to medium/short range on a target/pack and convocate. This normally the ideal range for most spectre's.

Use this skill to escape bad situations. Dodge telegraphs and other high damage attacks.

Use this skill to travel, you will cover a lot of ground with vaal haste and flesh offering up.

How do I deal with not being able to use flasks on myself?
Spoiler
This will take time to get use to. You'll need to play more carefully especially around bleed effects. Going CI will counter any chaos damage and chaos degen effects so the only things u need to watch out for is ignite and bleed.

If you see yourself bleeding for a lot of damage. Shield charge somewhere safe and hit your chalice flask. This will drop consecrated ground on every minion, bumping you up to +4% regen. I have 600es/sec with this up and should counter any bleed while you are not moving.

Other questions? Just post in the thread I will get to you.

Leveling a Summoner
Spoiler
My preferred method is to level as a Spell caster till you get to Cruel Act 1 The Coast.

Step 1. (Level 1->11)
- If this is not your first character of the league, get a lifesprig, wanderlust, Crest of Perandus, Karui ward, Goldrim or Honourhome(cheaper)
- Remember to check the second tab of the skill gem vendors
- Pick a random spell as your starter skill. Frostbolt + firetrap was pretty solid
- Take a Raise zombie and flesh offering and place it into a blue slot somewhere to level it
- grab lmp and added lightning dmg for your spell and place it in your lifesprig
- grab flamedash(travel over cliffs), rallying cry, and clarity
- grab spell totem + summon skeleton(should hold some boss agroo)
- By now you should either be at the end of act1 or the beginning of act2
- Passive Tree(assuming you got 2 passives in act 1)

Step 2. (Level 12->28)
- Grab your firestorm, searing bond/flame totem, orb of storms
- firestorm + controlled dest + ele focus
- grab herald of ice and thunder
- orb of storms + iCrit + power charge on crit
- searing bond/flame totem + controlled dest + ele focus
- If you have a tabula animate weapon + MPD + minion damage + minion speed + addedlight + addedcold
animate weapons does a ton of damage and summoning a bunch will get you through any boss
- Optionally switch out your life sprig for a Reverberation Rod(free spell echo)
- Your focus should be on life nodes your spell lvl + support gems should carry you
- Passive Tree(assuming you got 2 passives in act 2)

Step 3. (Level 28->40)
- Cruel act 1 is when you can start playing as an actual summoner
- Get a bones of ullr
- 4L zombie = RZ + minion life + life leach + mstrike
- Raise the fire-eater spectre(mobs that breath fire) from The coast cruel. These will be your links in the Tabula Rasa. RS + minion damage + ele focus + controlled dest + gmp + faster proj
- Passive Tree(assuming you got 2 passives in act 2)

Step 4. (Level 41-68)
- When you get to merc use the merc fire-eaters
- this is where you can start to follow the build guide
- core items:
- vis mortis(5l at least),
- victario's charity or a es shield if your going more defensive(charity shield needs the necro aegis notable)
- 3 weapons to choose from aurumvorax(if you're not res capped), Ephemeral knife(defensive), Scourge(offensive)
- Transition to CI whenever you feel ready
- get your 3 core auras up and running

Step 5. (Level 68+)
- Get immortalis belt and the core flasks if you decide to use it. Add the more expensive flasks as you gain currency. Each one of those flask you add will be a noticeable difference in damage.
- Pariah ring
- Early on you can start your session at the eternal lab and get the flame sentinels
- Refer to {2.4}Necronomicon / Raise Spectre Monster Info for spectre location info
- always try and summon the higher level spectre if possible
- You can do red maps very comfortably with any t10 and above spectres,

Map mods to watch out for
Annoying but doable
- no mana & life regen. Switch a red gem out for devouring totem, unequip the belt and use mana flasks. Requip the belt before boss
- hex proof, you do less damage not really noticeable you can still EE them
- ele reflect, if your spectre are too powerful they can kill them selves on large packs. Take off gmp in exchange for another green gem. That should help
- status immune, ignite and freeze lost
- temp chains, this hits your shield charge both ways

Would skip or roll over
- Blood magic As a ci build you can't do this unless you make sure that u don't cast anything and no auras. You can still direct minions using normal attack

"The power of rebirth rivals that of immortality."
- Icius Perandus, Antiquities Collection, Item 3
Last edited by mattc3303 on Dec 4, 2016 4:02:25 PM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2016 3:12:25 AM
I like this build. Got some questions.
1. Shock duration, +15% - you didn't take it, is your shock duration long enough?
2. Iron reflexes - how much armor do you have wearing hybrid eva/es armor? Cause hybrid armor has much lesser ES on, making es nodes less efficient.
3. You didn't take alacrity and agility (+30 dex each), i assume gear must have a lot of +dex mods on for lv60+ gear?
4. Elemental equilibrium - arc hits 3 opponents per cast, how do you manage large groups?
5. 8% resistance nodes - imo not high enough, gear can have +30-40% resist mod.
Readers will appreciate if you state your message as short as possible - it will save them time reading it.
Punctuation makes reading easier and faster.
1. With Temp chains the shock duration is long enough

2. this is my planned summoner build for anarchy, I can't tell u exact numbers yet. But you'll focus more on es than eva

3. You have enough dex, you just need str on gear

4. large groups, which will be mainly white won't require the added EE damage they pretty much die fairly quickly, EE is more for blues, yellows, unique bosses

5. the 16% resist is just added benefit from taking es nodes, the rest will be covered by with gear

- mechanics has been tested on my hp/eb summoner on default
I dont get why people use remote mine in zombies, how does it works?
"

Remote mine is a multiplier(more), not an additive bonus. This gives an exponential increase in damage. instead of 50% + 50% = 100% [increase] its 1.5 x 1.5 = 300% times more damage[more].

When the remote mine is activated. The minion gains that 50%[more] multiplier.
Looks like a good sold build.

My question is this. Would it not be better to get the best of both worlds. Armor to reduce phy dmg when you get hit pluse evation to not be hit as much. Like in this build only using the Armor/ES templer style gear with out IR.

And with this build we get another 1% ES reg from the life node in templer as well nicely complementing the Zealots Oath node.
Elder Wand Power!
Last edited by Balthizar1903 on Jun 8, 2013 10:30:57 PM
"
Completed 8 Challengesmattc3303 wrote:
its 1.5 x 1.5 = 300% times more damage[more].

That'd be 225%, not 300%. =o)

"
My question is this. Would it not be better to get the best of both worlds. Armor to reduce phy dmg when you get hit pluse evation to not be hit as much. Like in this build only using the Armor/ES templer style gear with out IR.

Iron Reflexes is awesome. Armor becomes much more effective the more it dwarfs incoming damage. Evasion just isn't worth it. With IR, all your armor nodes now affect evasion, including what you get from Grace, and then Determination multiplies all of it even more!
yeah its 225%, wtf wheres my simple multiplication skills lol...

IR because, grace + eva stats is multiplied by the eva% than its multiplied again with the armor%. Works the same was like es -> mana with EB than another mana% multiplier.

I also thought long and hard about that 1% but since we are most likely not grabbing rejuv aura. 1% isn't much and that 6% hp node is completely wasted. A rejuv totem should do nicely. The other alternative is to hook up life steal with ghost reaver on your arc.

Armor works all the time while evasion only works some of the time and when it fails your gonna take massive damage.
Last edited by mattc3303 on Jun 8, 2013 11:29:35 PM
"
IR because, grace + eva stats is multiplied by the eva% than its multiplied again with the armor%. Works the same was like es -> mana with EB than another mana% multiplier.

It's additive, not multiplicative. Basically, you go from this:

Armor = Gear * ([Armor nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes]) * Determination
Evasion = (Gear + Grace) * ([Dexterity] + [Evasion nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes])

To this:

Armor = Gear * ([Armor nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes]) * Determination
Evasion = (Gear + Grace) * ([Dexterity] + [Evasion nodes] + [Armor&Evasion nodes] + [Armor nodes]) * Determination

Then the results are added together as your final armor total.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jun 8, 2013 11:55:36 PM
"

Zombie + remote mine is difficult to re-summon - placed mine counts as zombie.

"
1. With Temp chains the shock duration is long enough

2. this is my planned summoner build for anarchy, I can't tell u exact numbers yet. But you'll focus more on es than eva

3. You have enough dex, you just need str on gear

4. large groups, which will be mainly white won't require the added EE damage they pretty much die fairly quickly, EE is more for blues, yellows, unique bosses

5. the 16% resist is just added benefit from taking es nodes, the rest will be covered by with gear

- mechanics has been tested on my hp/eb summoner on default

Good plan, waiting for armor numbers and youtube video.
Readers will appreciate if you state your message as short as possible - it will save them time reading it.
Punctuation makes reading easier and faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info