[1.3] Fori's - Ghostflame SRS [ Hybrid / 1.2.2 Uber viable + Vid]

1.3 -----------

New build still under construction
// More info soon //

Lvl 93 Passive

Gear

1.2.2 -----------

Introduction

Hello, Im Fori. (IGN: ForilusMaximus_V) - Im creating a guide how to kill uber atziri With a Hybrid SRS build starting from 0 currency.

(eventually the end game build will be expensive, but with this build you are able to farm currency)

I stream at www.twitch.tv/foridesign

If you have questions contact me ingame or leave a post here.

Leveling

You want to start leveling as a summoner focusing your main dps on zombies and start to level up as many srs gems meanwhile as you can. (since you want to vaal the srs gem eventually to lvl21 and for me it took 12 tries.

Leveling Tree -
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBA-4EBwZJCPQMfQ18EH8QlxNsFm8XLxpsHNwdqh2-JKoksCftKPovbzOHNZI26TpYQYdEBEZxTLNNuVXGVdZXK1fJWW1Z81qRXypfmGTnZp5qQ2qsa9tsFm0Zbqpwu30Yfll_xoCkgseDCYPbhWCG0YcZiECPRpAzkyeboZ2upqynCKh9qsSsmKyqtAy18rc-uJO9gr-XwBrAVMHFxp7JPcy8zzLT-9i92RPa3d-K4YjjaukC6rrr5Ovu7BjsivIe99f56PrS_Ev-Cv6z

You would use a 4link zombies in a +2 minion helm
Zombie - Multistrike - Minion Life - Minion Damage

Try to get a 1h sceptre with +3 fire gem and use (these are cheap)
SRS - Spell echo - Multistrike

If you dont want to use SRS for lvling, you can use spectres for extra dmg if needed.

When you get to lvl75+ make a transition to Hybrid, pick up the ES nodes, and drop zombies
You can do this step earlier as soon as you get at least a +2 Fire 5link staff. - Also start following the end game tree thats posted below.

Bandits
Passive / Passive / Passive

Gems

Check my Gear for gem setup.
Apart from those I use these too
3x Vaal Haste
1x Vaal Seketons
1x Vaal Discipline
Flammability, Vulnerability, Elemental Weakness
(you will need these at atziri)

Gear + Passives

You only need the curses for Atziri. in high lvl maps you dont need. theres just no time to curse the enemies since they melt before you could curse them, But you might want dual/triple curse on normal/uber like im doing.

Dual curse setup
I used this on setup in the Uber video, As you can see I did not take the Dual Curse passive since I managed to get a +1 curse on amulet. - If you dont have an amulet like that get the dual curse on the passive tree and skip ES or Life or Manaregen or Cast speed depending on your gear.
Triple Curse setup
I recommend to follow the Dual Curse section, Im pretty much just min-maxing here trying to look for the limits of the build. The 5link Arc curse on hit is just a test. Im currently testing this on uber. I will update this section, so I cant guarantee that the passive tree will remain 100% the same.

Normal Atziri

You can do normal atziri with your leveling build with a 3link SRS in a +3gem 1h sceptre and zombies in a +2 minion helm.
When I killed normal atziri first, I used these items, the others were just normal Life based self found gear with resists

Tactics:
Vaal fight - This shouldnt be a problem, stand over the right Vaal, cast desecrate 3 times, then pre cast SRS till you have max amount out, then when Vaal stretches his arms use flesh offering, use Ele weakness when fight starts, then run to the other vaal and pre cast SRS. - Use Convocation to recall your zombies.

Trio Boss, - First of all put Arc totem in front of you (Not exactly to the middle, just in front of you that it can hit the bosses. (The fight hasnt started yet) Hug right wall move towards the exit, (unfortunately you cannot leave the place just yet) Cast desecrate 3 times, pre cast SRS, when you got the max amount pop vaal haste, flesh offering and move a bit to the middle of the room so you trigger the fight (experiment how far you can go to the middle before fight starts - and pre cast SRS as close as middle as you can before it starts). When the fight started just keep casting SRS and dodge the rain of arrows and avoid the sh*t on the ground. Killing order doesnt really matter.

Atziri - Before you move, Cast desecrate 3 times all over the place, just in case Atziri not going to heal phase (because this way you will have 3 chances to use flesh offering at each split phase). Put Arc totem on the right side. - Move couple of steps towards the middle (just until you trigger the fight. When you have max spirits up you use immune cuse flask and use Ele weakness. that way you wont get curse reflected.

On split phase, you pre cast SRS over one, pop vaal haste, flesh offering, and all your freakin flasks
(There should be at least 10+ spirits over one split atziri.

Once fight starts you you curse that one and you start running around like a brainless chicken. - You want to dodge the flameblast meanwhile the spirits do the work
After each split phase you swap vaal haste what you charged up during trash clearing.
Once you done the 3rd split, you just hope for a Hope.

Uber Atziri

The tactics pretty much the same so im not going to copy pasterino here again, go and read the normal tactics. Just gonna list the differences here.

You need to have 21/20 srs and all other gems should be 20/20 except like gems that dont need quality like Spell echo or the auras
you also need to have a lvl4 Empower, - Yes you need this :(
and of course a 6linked +3 fire gem staff.
Basically you want to go for max damage

You also need to use double curse. I managed to kill uber at lvl91 because I got a double curse amu

If you cant get any double curse item, you need to pick up the double curse passive, and that means you need to go for lvl95 before uber.

Tactics:
Vaal fight - You use Added fire instead of melee splash, curses: Ele Weakness + Flammability and you use Vaal haste. Everything else goes the same

Trio boss - Your totem already up and u put desecrate 3x times but Before you move to the upper right side, just like in normal, You cast Vaal skeletons at the bottom left corner, then you move your ass quickly and do the rest like in Normal. - You use Melee splash, curses: Ele Weakness + Vulnerability

Atziri - Pretty much the same as normal, its just gonna be hell a lot more difficult. If you die durin a split phase, you are f*ckd and probably you wont be able to finish the fight, unless your spirits still alive and they kill the split atziri while you are dead. - Ideally you dont want to die but if you do so, wait till spirits expire before ress. What I meant is if you need to respawn while split atziri is alive, you wont be able to finish it. Pretty much the same thing goes to other bosses in uber. - On Atziri you use Added fire (even at healing phase - because you wont have time to swap a support gem and a curse) and you use Ele Weakness + Flammability

Credits

I wasnt following any guide, however I am giving credit to
Ghazzy - For his continuous support, Furthermore without him I wouldnt even started playing summoner.
MatrixFactor - For his dual curse and hybrid setup ideas. - I also followed his thread and got many ideas there.

So once again check these guys out, without them I would be nowhere
Also I have to say thank you to all of my friend exiles who support me.

Updated: 25/01/2014
Last edited by Forie on Jan 25, 2015, 1:43:17 PM
Video looked good. You even managed to make double vaal easy despite the first one receding to start.

You can bring extra vaal haste gems in case you die at split phase, so that you can start that fight with VH when you re-enter. If you die immediately as you re-enter queen's room, then yeah you're screwed. Maybe bring one undying evangelist with bubble up?

I also think convocation may be useful for the split phase so you can ensure you aren't attacking the mirror clone.

Maybe curse on hit at split phase (or for the whole run), since it actually saves you 2 slots, this would allow you to get convocation/VSS in. I think once you make sure the clones are crused and EE'd you will DPS them down with FO and VH.

Staff: SRS-Echo-MPD-Multi-Msplash-Empower
Armor: Dur-Flesh Off-VHaste-VDisc
Hat (Alpha's): RM-Haste-Discipline-Hatred
4L: Arc-Curse on Hit-Eleweakness-Enfeeble
4L: RM-Blood Magic-Clarity-Arctic Armor
2L: Free.

Also why were you using vulnerability at trio? In terms of DPS flammability is better even without added fire.

Last thought: if you put curse-on-hit into swap you could use a 4L animate weapon (Emp-Minion Life-AW-Duration) to create a swarm of 10-15k HP tanks for yourself. This is how Rhaegar_G did trio/vaals without using VSS.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Sep 21, 2014, 9:27:59 AM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Video looked good. You even managed to make double vaal easy despite the first one receding to start.

- Yes when he went down instant, I almost got a heart attack.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

You can bring extra vaal haste gems in case you die at split phase,

- I tried to charge up as many gems as possible but I cant charge up more than 3 VH for the atziri fight. Since I need to use one on vaal and on trio boss too.
(I tried vaal fight without VH and then im not fast enough to kill it)

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Maybe bring one undying evangelist with bubble up?

I think its not an option. I you die on split phase you are screwd, unless you have so much ES that you can tank a flamblast. (this is what im working on currently)

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Maybe curse on hit at split phase (or for the whole run), since it actually saves you 2 slots, this would allow you to get convocation/VSS in. I think once you make sure the clones are crused and EE'd you will DPS them down with FO and VH.

Hat (Alpha's): RM-Haste-Discipline-Hatred
4L: Arc-Curse on Hit-Eleweakness-Enfeeble
2L: Free.

I think of curse on hit, its not a bad idea but its gonna give me a free slot unless I give up on Generosity - and that will be huge damage loss
- Also Totem is good on atziri fight because it aggros atziri here and there which makes the fight little easier. Without that I would need to dodge even more sh*t.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Also why were you using vulnerability at trio? In terms of DPS flammability is better even without added fire.

I just thought Vulnerability better when I use melee plash

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Last thought: if you put curse-on-hit into swap you could use a 4L animate weapon (Emp-Minion Life-AW-Duration) to create a swarm of 10-15k HP tanks for yourself. This is how Rhaegar_G did trio/vaals without using VSS.

I dont like AW that much and Trio/vaal not really a problem.
my problem is split phase on uber.
On normal its easy because the spirits kill the split even before she manages to cast a flameblast. - But on Uber the flameblast and stormcalls kill my spirits faster than I kill the split atziri. So I end up just running around and nothing is hitting split atziri, but then again I cant stop and cast spirits because I die.

The other bad thing is that one of the split atziri thats like shooting at you. she keeps stunning me twice a second which makes impossible to dodge the flameblast. - this made me fail few times already.

I think the solution would be to get as much ES as its gonna be enough to tank a flameblast.
How much I need? - Right now she 1shot me with flameblast 7,4k total HP+ES
I thought the problem with dying at split was that when you re-enter you get hit right away without any animation. That's when the evangelist's bubble might protect you.

Generosity on hatred is only 6% of overall DPS (2.175M vs 2.045M). I think if you use curse on hit and convocation you may be able to DPS the split phase down since you will be doing peak DPS almost immediately.

An other option is to switch flammability for enfeeble, get asthena's gentle touch gloves, and get the +1 curse passive so you can triple curse with arc: EW, Enf, TC.

Animate weapons or even zombies would also distract atziri herself, and they have more durability than totem. An other option is to get double totem keystone for 4 points and use Spell Totem - Arc - Summon Skeletons.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Okay, So what if I get few more levels and unlock triple curse, I drop Vaal Discipline. (I mean I dont completely remove it from the tactics, I just gonna keep it in my stash for a swap.)

Also I gonna use Zombies for distraction (the key is not to die on split phase.)

Like you said, I will put hatred in alphas.

Gonna use Arc with curse on hit linked with Ele Weakness + Enfeeble. (Ill use manually the 3rd Flammability curse)

so the links setup:
6l Staff: SRS + MultiStrike + Spell Echo + Melee Phys + Empower + Added fire (no change)
4l Alphas: Hatred + Haste + Discipline + Reduced mana
4L Gloves: Arc + Curse on hit + Temp Chains + Enfeeble
4l + 2l Chest: Inc Dur + Flesh Offering + Vaal Haste + Ele Weakness (at Trio boss fight I use vaal summon skeletons and will move Ele Weakness to my curse on hit setup instead of Enfeeble) - So on Trio ill still use dual curse Even I have triple. The 2link would be Zombies + Minion life
4L Boots: Reduced mana + Arctic Armour + Blood magic + Clarity (no change)

So if you imagine the split phase with this setup - few zombies hanging around as a distraction, pre casting spirits, vaal haste as usual- but when fight starts I use Arc to double curse then cast the 3rd myself.
I tried to think if I could do it with a 5link using the arc + curse on hit + 3 curses but then I wont be able to use zombies, unless I drop minion life. Would that work. just zombies without any links
Which one would u do. the 4link arc curse + manual Ele weakness and a 2link zombies //// or rather a 5link curse and a zombie single gem without links.

- Also if we talking about distraction would Decoy totem work instead of zombies and then I can do the 5link. (Im just theory crafting here) would that make atziri to cast flameblast on it.
if it taunts atziris flameblast its gonna be better than zombies. or no?
I would move the Inc Dur + Flesh Offering + Vaal Haste + Vaal discipline/skeletons to gloves and 5 link on chest + decoy totem single slot

sorry I asked you quite a bit of questions there
I think, it already got figured out. I will do a 5link triple curse with curse on hit with self cast arc + a decoy totem in 6th single slot
just need few levels. once im there and tested out. I will update this. - meanwhile if u have idea let me know. but I think this is solid.
Last edited by Forie on Sep 21, 2014, 2:33:20 PM
Why not go CI?

Is hybrid really that good for this build?
IGN - RevsArcLight
Wraeclast Guided Tours - Recruiting Active Players
Last edited by WGT_Rev on Sep 23, 2014, 1:28:25 AM
Is this much different to give the zombies extra life or they just fluff? Looks awesome
Last edited by ER_Triage on Sep 23, 2014, 9:05:18 AM
"
WGT_Rev wrote:
Why not go CI? Is hybrid really that good for this build?

Since you get more life each lvl, hybrid is more efficient with this patch, unless you can go low life with shavs.

"
ER_Triage wrote:
Is this much different to give the zombies extra life or they just fluff? Looks awesome

for lvling it doesnt really matter, but more life on zombies help
I will update this build soon, just need to figure out something - not too much changes tho (pretty much min maxing)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info