The trolling and rudeness has to stop!

I had no intention of naming names, but yes, there's one there that I've noticed has been at it all weekend.

I cannot and will not yield normal difficulty global chat. It's what people see first when they log on. And you know what they say about first impressions.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
Winbot wrote:
There are more and more trolls every time I log in, it's depressing really

And yet another post from your non beta account. That to me can be considered trolling.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
The responses here are ridiculous. If you don't want to type out the answer because it's going to waste time or you're busy...typing out "check out the forums" is much more involved than "yes or no". Nobody is telling you that you have to be helpful (because plenty of people answer questions) but we are telling you to not defer every single question to the forums.

Imagine day one. You start playing the game and you get stuck at a point and don't know how to progress. You ask a question and are bombarded with "go to the forums" "fucking noob" etc, and you just quit because no game is fun with a bad community. You could have spent 10 seconds of your time to increase the population and in turn the longevity of this game.
"
gw_epyon wrote:

Imagine day one. You start playing the game and you get stuck at a point and don't know how to progress. You ask a question and are bombarded with "go to the forums" "fucking noob" etc, and you just quit because no game is fun with a bad community. You could have spent 10 seconds of your time to increase the population and in turn the longevity of this game.

I have to see that happen in global chat, and would come down like a tonne of bricks on anyone who treated a newcomer that way. Seriously.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
"
gw_epyon wrote:

I have to see that happen in global chat, and would come down like a tonne of bricks on anyone who treated a newcomer that way. Seriously.

I'm guessing more tools will be developed to help you guys do that.

I don't even use general chat currently. General chat has always been a joke in most games I've played. I'm guessing it's going to be 10x worse in a f2p game. =\
1. Ignore the user ( simple in game feature )

If you can`t be tolerant to kids, immature people, then im sorry but online gaming is NOT for you. This thread is proof that a lot of people here are new to online games.

ps. these posts are just as annoying as chat

Last edited by ricket on Jul 9, 2012, 5:22:14 AM
Moving this to beta general.

The game is in beta. Being in Beta means it lacks specific features and functions that the devs feel are required before they release it to the public in general. One of those features is chat moderation tools.

Bottom line is that you are not playing a finished engine. It lacks the features and support that are required to moderate chat, and while it's clearly annoying to many people, it's something that will be specifically dealt with in the future.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Good idea is a global ignore list. Like so:

1) users can ignore users
2) when a certain ammount of people put someone on their ignore lists in a short period of time you can postulate that person is a spammer
3) the mass ignored person should get a chat ban
4) mod should check him out and if the person in question is an ebay advertiser ban him immediately
I hope channels for chat come along soon.
When they do get added to the game, I propose that the default channel for new characters/players is an 'Advice' channel, where the helpful members of the community can tune into to aid the new Exiles.
I know this weekend I tried to sit in Normal chat while leveling a summoner to see if I could gather any more questions for the FAQ. The nonsense was so bad I just logged off and went to play TSW. Something does need to be done eventualy especially before or by Open Beta because it is only going to get worse not better sadly.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info