The trolling and rudeness has to stop!

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Of course, that post wasn't directed at you. We all know brevity isn't your strong point :P

:P
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
normal chat is full of d3 comments,and this is inevitable. you can ignore this ,who chat about TOG(the other game =d3).next,beginners ask really too many questions,because they are beginners.my common suggestion to them is ...press U about missions.of course i help them by whispering.
WTS is worse then anything else,they spammed chat,sometimes i can't see anything.maybe they need try with option WGF(want give free)
but,i say told before,this is all part of this amazing game.
cheers and,if you can't withstand TOG chat,ignore them.
This topic is going all places. I thought it was about rudeness in chat and so I shared some ideas about how to temperate some of that level 1 trolling.

Instead it seems people are offended because once in a while someone says "go check the forum"? Haven't you ever come accross the RTFM expression?

"
TheTK wrote:
"
Winbot wrote:
It's sad just how bad the trolling is. :(

Yeah it is absoultely disgusting. It is really turning me off from this game.

That's just so totally unhelpful. Can you give any specific examples? Or are you one of those people who find the social aspect in games always "disgusting" no matter the game, no matter what people talk about. It's always bad and disgusting and terrible and you don't want to have any part in it? I swear these people are found in every MMO you wonder why they go online at all >_>
Again, I disagree. I think that someone saying that chat is turning them off the game is totally acceptable and even helpful -- yes, you can turn GC off, but that's the community you're gaming with, that you're stuck with, here far more than most other ARPGs, I think.

As I said in Global this morning, this is really, at the heart of it, just growing pains for PoE. I think most of us are just worried that the growing pains might turn into a crippling, chronic ailment beyond the game's infancy and forthcoming adolescence.

A valid fear.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
begzadreso wrote:
next,beginners ask really too many questions,because they are beginners

Exactly. That's why being able to ask questions in chat asap as you start playing the game is not always helpful.

In some ways it's counter-productive. Have you noticed sometimes how you can ask a seemingly silly question? (in general life, at work etc) Or if you don't do that, sometimes you ask a question about something and you find the answer yourself within seconds of asking?

So anyway, it's just the way it is.

The problem in Default league atm, is that you are SWAMPED by chat talk as soon as you start playing. That's why people go to chat immediatly, and/or why they feel like asking instead of spending an extra second doing a bit of thinking for themselves.

So I may be misunderstood again: I am not arguing against asking questions or helping out people in chat, I LOVE the chat. I'm just saying that the way it works now is not necessarily in the interests of a new player.

The first thing you should see when you start this game is the game, not the chat. So I'm hinting here at possible ways of making chat somewhat secondary or something that develops instead of being this instant chatroom within seconds of create your first level 1 character.

Honestly I wonder if the game wouldn't be better off having a paid chat channel. This is one way of reducing the spam. Non paying players can chat once they join a guild, or can chat locally in town for example.
"
I think that someone saying that chat is turning them off the game is totally acceptable and even helpful

I'm just saying it's unhelpful for the matter of discussion here. What does this tell me? Nothing much because what people consider "trolling" is very vague.

Like we have no idea if this poster meant that he is annoyed that people unceremoniously send them to the FAQ/forum, or was he thinking about actually offensive/trash talk on chat?
So this is what we're talking about? I checked just now:

It's not really trash talk so much as it is negative and/or plain old spamming. In fact these kids are trolling all the more so because others are trying to police chat and saying that Diablo 3 can't be talked about.

There are many civil discussions about D3 on chat and this is not one of them. Therefore it's unfair to single out Diablo 3 talk as the problem here, and really dialbo 3 has got nothing to do with this. These are kids who try to push your buttons. If it wasn't Diablo 3, it would be Diablo 2, or Titan Quest, or whatever.

I'm afraid it's going to be impossible to keep up with them.

You'll notice while rushhand has probably played a bit (he mentionned level 17 at some point), we have two other trolls "diabloIIIbetter" and "ninjagaidenn" who are very likely level 1 characters. "diabloIIIbetter" clearly has been made purely for trolling.

Therefore besides filters on naming characters, general chat has to be a paid purchase, and/or some restrictions have to be put in place for level 1 characters.

But you can keep on dreaming that moderators somehow will be able to keep up...
Last edited by DeF46 on Jul 9, 2012, 2:44:55 AM
Another day of trolling gone by. :(
There are more and more trolls every time I log in, it's depressing really
Well for those of you stuck in Normal, in Merciless, Default league it's super calm atm. Very friendly answers.

This problem is really for Normal diff. It's clearly tied to new accounts. It would be interesting if GGG can check if the trolls are on paid accounts...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info