The trolling and rudeness has to stop!

The trolling in this game has become absolutely ridiculous. Global chat has become an absolute mess with people bickering about Diablo 3 and other things. It is quite honestly sad. I would turn off global chat, but there are some actually good people in there, and it is very helpful. DO NOT feed the trolls, they get off on that. They will get bored and stop, like usual. And on top of this, even the non trolls are just so mean and rude to each other. Come on guys this game is so amazing, and I would just hate to see it destroyed by jerks.
How to make global chat blow up:
Step 1: Press Enter
Step 2: Type Diablo 3
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit
All games have trolls, in fact this very post is going to incite them even more.

I would troll this thread but its just way, way, way, to easy.
I don't hand out keys to beggars. Its $10 bucks for one.....go mow a lawn or something.
Yeah, the past 24 hours have been unprecedented in the trolling regarding Global Chat. One person basically self-destructed -- no doubt plenty of people reported him -- and then later PMed me that he *wanted* to quit. Well, I think he managed that nicely.

And right now there are still people in there going on about their D3 auctions and basically antagonising all comers.

I urge people to ignore them, but you know, as one player, Raechel pointed out, just ignoring trouble makers doesn't ignore the trouble they cause.

This is something that'll have to be managed before Open -- whether it's with more segregated chat rooms, in-game moderation or something. Because I can predict a lot of people are going to want to test the game's limits when it comes to these things. The PoE community, in this regard, is rather frail right now.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Yeah, the past 24 hours have been unprecedented in the trolling regarding Global Chat. One person basically self-destructed -- no doubt plenty of people reported him -- and then later PMed me that he *wanted* to quit. Well, I think he managed that nicely.

And right now there are still people in there going on about their D3 auctions and basically antagonising all comers.

I urge people to ignore them, but you know, as one player, Raechel pointed out, just ignoring trouble makers doesn't ignore the trouble they cause.

This is something that'll have to be managed before Open -- whether it's with more segregated chat rooms, in-game moderation or something. Because I can predict a lot of people are going to want to test the game's limits when it comes to these things. The PoE community, in this regard, is rather frail right now.

Replacing Diablo 3 D3 Diab3 D i a b l o, etc with other words would be a start. Making it slightly difficult to talk about something will at least alleviate some pain.
Yeah, I really hope the trolling problem is fixed. I don't want this great game ruined like many before it.
Normal chat is ruined and I don't think theres salvation for that unless GGG hires someone to moderate that channel.

However, cruel chat seems to be clean.
"
side1985 wrote:
Normal chat is ruined and I don't think theres salvation for that unless GGG hires someone to moderate that channel.

However, cruel chat seems to be clean.

I really hope you are wrong about normal chat being ruined. This game has so much potential to be great and like I said, I would hate to see it ruined by inconsiderate trolls.
every time i've entered global chat everyone has been really nice. personally, i think this is one of the better communities on the web.

the other day a few people were happily talking about d3's failure, i dont mind rlly, its a hot topic at the moment. the only person who seemed a little rude was the guy who came in and was like "omfg not another D3 conversation!?!". i mean, if u dont like the topic just hide global or w/e. its not like if everyone was on there talking about.. i dont know... lady gaga, i wouldnt come on and be like "omg can u all stfu!?!"
I don't believe the game is ruined by any means, but with the absurd amount of trolling, the global chat is really bad and nearly unbareable, and I do leave, but it takes a lot of the social aspect out of the game and I find myself just coming back :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info