The trolling and rudeness has to stop!

If I'm busy playing, you can bet chat is OFF. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Yeah they do need bigger ignore lists, just is sad that people act the way they do on a freaking video game. :(
Man is just as the whole society runs, now and always, people with too many time. In the other hand and as i always say, hate is free, therefore it will be abused.
Yeah my ignore list is full lol I wish I could remove some every day just to add some new ones or a temporary ignore would help
Please don't pm me asking for beta keys :)
I see some of the same trolls though every time I log in though, which kind of gets frusturating.
I put global on rarely, mostly it is irritating. Trolling and WTS nonsense, in respect of the WTS, A scrub is coming in a matter of weeks. Items go to legacy so why? just why. unless you're getting trading practice.

Besides which I'm really hoping that will not be tolerated in chat come OB, there will be by GGG declarations many easy ways of trading your junk without inflicting chat.

So one problem insta-solved spam of that type; stop now *spammer has been banned*
etc.

On an individual basis be it; selected volunteers, or paid staff that will with out a doubt be monitoring and dealing with said. The kiddies might play now, but take or accept it like everything else. It's an inherent (bug/issue) and they will crush it.

Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
"
side1985 wrote:
However, cruel chat seems to be clean.

Thanks for pointing that out. This is my experience as well.

In order to temperate this problem I would suggest to GGG to make Global Chat readable but not writable until one has reacher level five, or an hour of play, something like that. I think it would help greatly with abuse from players who are rude, and then create a new character to circumvent ignore lists, or simply to fool other players and continue bickering on whatever topic.

Another approach would be to have to pay to use global chat. However from my experience playing the F2P version of EverQuest II, I can attest that a small pay wall for the global chat is not going to deter trolling. That said it wasn't too bad and who knows it might have been a lot worse without it.

I think the first solution above is the one that gives the most results for the least effort. New players don't need to go in Global Chat, and don't need so much help for the first few levels. Plus, they can still read the discussion and learn from it. A simply local chat message that kindly says ""you must reach level X to use Global Chat" should clear up any confusion (not blocking the window which is used for PMs etc).

"
I've requested, repeatedly, a larger ignore/friends list. I know Vicky passed it onto the team this weekend. On the other hand, the ability to actually see my ignore list might help with the culling. A simple 'last online' indication would help me decide who to 'unignore' as well.

Please understand that while it may be useful for your role, it is barely any use for regular people joining the game. Adding people on /ignore does very little to address the root issues. It's a very ineffective solution.

"
Flavious wrote:
in respect of the WTS, A scrub is coming in a matter of weeks. Items go to legacy so why? just why. unless you're getting trading practice.

My suggestion in Developer Discussion is to limit the amount if items that can be fully linked (including the stats popup) in Global Chat. If trying to link many items ,the user shoudl see a local message inviting them to use the trade channel.

Otherwise the Global Chat will be spammed by WTS/WTT. It's inevitable.
Just requires Moderation (moderators) like Lotro. They don't mess around. You get one warning, then wham, booted and muted.

Feel free to censor me!
I forgot the most important I wanted to share here, is that filtering of course helps, but filtering mentions of Diablo 3 is silly. It's no use.

Let's please make a distinction between healthy discussion or even mild ranting and comparisons between AAA games, and rudeness and trolling.

This community tends to bag together Diablo 3 players seen as some "other" community with trolls and/or clueless people. That's not cool, and that's rather uninformed.

Diablo 3 discussions in the game are inevitable, and personally they don't bother me at all.

The things I found most distrubing is when we have redneck discussions about muslims or religions, politics... when Global Chat is no longer talking about PoE or games, imhop that's the stuff that should be ground for moderation.

If you think that the community on the default server has become too much, try the HC server. It is generally better. There are some HC veterans that are happy to help.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info