The trolling and rudeness has to stop!

Sad to hear this is happening. I have my gc off and its been like that for two weeks now . . .
ZOMG ITS BETA TIME!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23123 This is why.
I always turned off global chat. This is the worst community of people I've ever encountered in a video game. Yes, I'm making a generalized statement here but it is horrifying what I've seen in this game. Been playing games since 90'.
Lol clearly you never played WoW, or DoTA, or anything online for that matter.
I don't hand out keys to beggars. Its $10 bucks for one.....go mow a lawn or something.
"
Suriakk wrote:

I'm going to assume this was directed towards me and yes I have. Sorry, to burst your bubble.
"
crazynomad wrote:
"
Suriakk wrote:

I'm going to assume this was directed towards me and yes I have. Sorry, to burst your bubble.

Good lord moba games have some seriously terrible communities. Its sad because there are always a lot of good people, followed by tons of butthurt people. I don't know how bad PoE is exactly, but I'd put HoN, LoL, or Dota 2's community above PoE in terms of terribleness.
It's disgusting. I spent most of my day attempting to help answer questions that most of the new people had in normal.

I asked one person who was antagonizing the chat to stop, unfortunately for me I made a grammar mistake with my wording. After several insults and a few death/physical harm threats (None of which was taken seriously I'm not that thin skinned), I've decided that Hide Global Chat is a godsend.
A good game isn't about the graphics or how big it is. A good game is one that you play for hours yet seems like minutes.
Last edited by Wuzlo on Jul 8, 2012, 4:04:43 AM
I play mostly at night and haven't run into anyone that I'd consider a troll. I've met maybe two rude people, but I'm pretty sure it was a language and age barrier that were getting in the way.

1) The first few posters in this topic seem to consider people who discuss diablo 3 in any way to be trolls. I sincerely hope this isn't the case. The first day I hopped on this game and joined global chat, I had a conversation with a couple of people about how much more fun this is than d3, and talked about d3's shortcomings. At least 3 people started crying saying "Not another d3 discussion." etc. If anything I'd call the people who have nothing to add to the conversation and only whine about what people are talking about, to be trolls.

2) Complaining about people wanting to trade items in the general chat? Just because it's a beta doesn't mean people don't want to "deck out" their characters. Theres already a pretty decently well set economy that works well. Sounds like you just need to mute general chat and only talk to your friends.

If people are being rude to people though then that definitely needs to be put to a stop. This community is small enough that trolls could really hurt it's growth.
Last edited by gw_epyon on Jul 8, 2012, 4:09:06 AM
I would like a right click > report player option to be implemented whenever GGG has the manpower to parse/enforce such reports.

Lately I have had Glochat turned off most of the time up to ruthless.

Normal chat is annoying - same questions every day, getting raged at for pointing people to the FAQ, TOG, all that.

Cruel is filled with players either bragging about how easy the game is or complaining about how it's too hard. Not to mention all the questions from normal still pop up, almost as often, and pointing people to the FAQ is met with just as much anger.
"
gw_epyon wrote:
(...) I had a conversation with a couple of people about how much more fun this is than d3, and talked about d3's shortcomings. At least 3 people started crying saying "Not another d3 discussion." etc. If anything I'd call the people who have nothing to add to the conversation and only whine about what people are talking about, to be trolls.

+100
"
Not to mention all the questions from normal still pop up, almost as often, and pointing people to the FAQ is met with just as much anger.

What's the point of being that annoying little brat telling people to go check the FAQ?

Ingame chat isn't a forum. You can't expect the same rules to work there.

There will always be a new stream of players at open beta, so even if each new player only ever asked ONE question, you will continue to see the same questions again and again.

Best GGG can do is a proper trade channel with restrictions that encourage its use. As for a help channel, no one will use it, because there's no good way to encourage people to use a "help" channel. Global chat could reasonably be considered a help channel.

I think the best solution at this point is to prevent participation in global chat until some condition is reached. If people can't ask questions ingame for the first hour or so, or first few levels, that might let some of the most common questions answer themselves before they need to be asked and/or limit abuse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info