3.18.0b Hotfix 1

nice update. good job guys
"

Toxic: Magic Monsters now have a 50% chance to create a Toxic Volatile on death (previously always). Now grants +40% to Chaos Resistance (previously +50%).

It should deal ~20% direct damage and ~80% dot damage as a pool so large amounts triggered would become less threatening than currently.

"

Overcharged: Now grants +1 to Maximum Frenzy, Power and Endurance Charges (previously 2).

I'm against this for cosmetic reasons :p

"

The inherent Maximum Life bonuses from Monster modifiers no longer apply to Metamorphs.

Finally...

"

Magic Blackguard Elites that accompany Piety in The Crematorium and General Gravicius in The Ebony Barracks in Act 3 now have 40% less Life.

And perhaps monsters spawn in the Valley of the Fire Drinker?
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
The game is not currently fun for me sadly.

Having to stop and run around a mob for 5-20 sec every few packs is frustrating and feels very unrewarding. A few times a map would feel okay but currently It's way too often.

The flow of mapping (was the strong point for POE) has completely changed now feels very jarring.

Most old league mechanics are a complete mess and some almost unplayable.

Sadly for me this league has left a sour taste in my mouth and I will be checking back few weeks time.

Good luck Exiles you will need it!
Effigy still a thing.

Invulnerable still a "Wait the monster out" thing.

Lots of unnecessary bloat onto the magic/rare mobs that add frustration rather than difficulty to the game.

I am sorry you guys, but this was a change added for the sake of change, with seemingly little thought put into it.

Hotfix with suprisingly little fixing done
I feel this is too many nerfs. I've successfully reached red maps with a garbage off-meta build. And yes, I had to play carefully and more defensively than any other league (including Expedition)... but it ultimately led to a more enjoyable and rewarding leveling and gearing experience.

Dare I say, rather than inject a *third* waves of nerfs, I simply wish you'd tell people to...well... "get good." I mean the league hasn't even been out for a week!
GGG is basically killing their own game.
turning us toward diablo 4
For the record, I did love the changes even on league launch. I didn't have an issue with the difficulty and found the challenge rather fun and something to ACTUALLY interact with, rather than be playing PoE, The Idle Game.

I do agree that it was very difficult though. Some monsters were very tanky and could take a long time. Others may be extremely rippy without having learned yet how to overcome them (draught bringer + corrupter).

I've loved everything you've done so far! I appreciate all the work everyone puts into making my favourite game. Despite many complaints from others, that I may or may not wholly disagree with, I hope you do still have a good number of whole-hearted positive reviews coming in too!

-Landapandas
Last edited by PeachFlavorPanda on May 17, 2022, 4:02:49 AM
"
Kagari wrote:
There's no gameplay involved but a giant clusterfuck of a gear check and luck.

True.

I dont mind the new archnemesis mods. And the problem is not Archnemesis mods in maps but league content that is not fully adjusted to the new rares. In my opinion they dont need to rebalance the rares but the league content itself. The problem with most league content is that you got rushed with a ton of mobs in a crowded tiny space. And the reason they went this route is because they wanted to please the zoomer crowd that explodes group of enemies in one hit.

If I were a designer, I would decrease the monster spawn in Delve, Betrayal, Incursion timed events, Heist, .... so that players do not get crowded with a clusterfuck of modifiers.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
revert archnemesis and go back to nemesis.

do proper extensive testing beforehand next time

e: hard monsters are no problem and welcome. monsters that waste your time are just bullshit (invulnerable), especially in critical encounters like blight.
Last edited by _hndrk on May 17, 2022, 4:06:41 AM
Another step in the right direction, but I still feel we're not there.

My top recommendations:
- Remove Invulnerable and Effigy. Seriously, these do nothing but tremendously annoy people.
- Change immunities into having 50% less effect. That way, they are still being annoying to deal with for affected builds, but they would at least be manageable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info