3.18.0b Hotfix 1

You're still stubbornly moving in the wrong direction. The issue in AN mods is not in numbers on modifiers. The issue is in the root concept.
As league mechanic it was just simple concept - select 1-4 mods to gain specific rewards which could have some synergy in generation. Or skip it completely if you dislike its rewards/complexity/etc.
With AN going core you've ruined all aspects:
• during my first mission in the Delve I'd fight with 3 rares on the node + 1 rare in darkness – even with 1-2 AN modifier on each, it was quite more mods than 1-4 in previous league … not speaking about mods on blue mobs;
• now there are no rewards tied with these mods – it's just additional complexity for nothing;
• it's absolutely unavoidable because these AN mods were prolifirated into every and all aspect of the game;

Note, we already have sentinels which should have intention to be used for powering up mobs. No need in the second layer of obligated complexity. Remove AN mods completely and think twice how it can (if may) be added without ruining all other aspects of the game. Your current position is not productive – even if you'll decrease numbers on these modifiers ten times, it still will reamain being 10% increased difficulty for nothing. While somebody declared that it'll be a league with "no character balance changes"… yeah no changes between characters, because all of them will suck equally hard.
Last edited by GrayFiend on May 17, 2022, 2:53:25 AM
any word on the HH buff chris promsied on the reddit post?
"
Jerle wrote:
Thank you. The archnemesis implementation at launch was a disaster. But this is as quick a fix as one could hope for.

I think Chris will now have to live with the extensively tested meme forever. It's poe's do you not have mobiles moment.
Already deleted the game, you guys lost it.
Flameweaver basically kills my favorite builds EA, RF and ET.
The problem is that you didn't actually fix the problem at all... Some modifiers
still are awfully imbalanced and must be removed from the game at all:

"
Rejuvenating: Verdant Spores inflicted by the Healing Nova now grants 60% reduced Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield (previously prevented players from recovering Life or Energy Shield). The Healing Nova can no longer be used if the Monster with this modifier is on full life.

The problem here is that most of the mobs are unkillable due to their mechanic + ability. For example harvest worms. When they hide, they heal like 50+% hp each time, so you can't get them...

"
Incendiary: Now grants 100% increased Ignite Damage (previously 300%) and +50% to Fire Resistance (previously +75%).

When it is combined with Flameweawer the monster is invulnerable (playing ballista totems but still that problem is present in all builds).

"
Assassin: Now grants 70% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes (previously take no Extra Damage from Critical Strikes).

There are spiders and mobs with long hands which use Flicker strike. Combine with other damaging AN mods + their own dmg mods = you are instantly killed. I was running Mesa map where I found those and a pack killed me 4 times before I could manage to kill them. WTF IS THIS?!

"
Mana Siphoner: Reduced the Lightning Damage Over Time taken by Enemies in the Aura by 33%, and the amount of Mana lost per second by Enemies in the Aura by 67%. We are also looking to improve the visual clarity and reduce the size of the Ring in the near future.

Same, pointless nerf. Most melee builds have only 20-30 unreserved mana. Combined with Hasted as we saw in POE Highlights makes such mobs the walking disaster...

And the last. WHY THE F**K THAT SYSTEM THINKS THAT UNIQUE METAMORPH IS COUNTED AS RARE!??!!!?
Last edited by Imperial_Hunter on May 17, 2022, 3:08:28 AM
Suggestion for next league introduction:

Chris is playing live a red map (alch and go) & delve 200 & heist 80 contract

No words needed and we all can see if the balance is right and the game fun
Thank you for these changes.

For me (and my build) the worst part about rares and blues is the non-damage effects. Monsters being immune to ailments or debuffs and straight up effect denial like recovery causes these monsters to feel waaaaay worse than they really are. I'm sure these changes are welcome by anyone really and will help a lot of people, but It would be nice to see some changes to the mods we cannot counter by building towards it. Stuff like unaffected by wither and such.

One thing about I'm not sure is enough is the mana leech circle. Character manapool and regen is built in a way to be unharmed. This is the reason people hate to do cannot leech/cannot regen maps because any changes to mana could insta-brick a character. Since there are a lot of build types about being on actual 50-100 usable mana, the nerf doesn't really do anything here. Thank god I don't play Cyclone CoC this league but I'd imagine someone does or did and it feels like an actual jumpscare to have manadrain rares spawn.
I'm actually OK with difficult rares. The issues I have are.

Mods that break builds or make enemies invulnerable have no place in the game, this is not Diablo 2 Chris no matter how much you want it to be.

Rares are very unrewarding vs their risk and time taken to kill, I literally can't remember seeing anything more than a chaos drop from one.

Rares should not be harder than map bosses, but as I like the harder Rares this really means I'm advocating for harder map bosses too I guess. But their rewards should scale too.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on May 17, 2022, 3:29:00 AM
I'm having buyer's remorse for the supporter pack I bought leading up to launch - this is awful.

I like the dream of a slower, more careful game; I like your end goal with systems like these. BUT the game is not slow; the game will kill you in a quarter second while dozens of things are happening onscreen and there simply is not time or space to play out rare encounters like a mini boss fight. Give us a guaranteed zone around rares where no other mobs can spawn and forbid them from leaving that zone so you can actually see them coming and run away from them if you need to, or revert the changes.

This is the most aggravating, pointlessly painful interaction with the game I've ever seen, and I am one of the lucky exiles whose build isn't hard-countered by any of the mods.
Last edited by Morimoto_Musashi on May 17, 2022, 3:19:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info