Will there be a new atlas every league now?

"
Kellog wrote:
"
shoju wrote:
The problem is, those people making those decisions aren't the ones that have to deal with the fallout. Even if Bex is / were sympathetic to the plight of Standard Players, she still has to run it up the chain, and convince someone that it's a big enough problem...

They're already aware of the issue. As I posted earlier in this thread Chris was asked about this issue directly, by one of the Streamers, during the most recent Baeclast.

In essence, it's something we are aware of but it's hard to fix and will require a lot or work. We don't have an answer but it is a hot topic...

The issue I have with this answer is that GGG must have been aware of how the map tab in Standard would be affected when they were making plans to move to the current situation. So just how long has this been known about...

I'm aware, and have even mentioned those conversations in previous talks.

The problem is, since those people aren't (generally) the ones who have to deal with the anger / fallout of the decision, they don't care.

There are multiple, easy ways to fix, as several of us has already posted. I even posited how to fix it, using general coding terms, since I don't know what they are developing in, I can't speak in specifics. It's pretty easy to figure out how to handle it.

The "hard" part of this, is that they are either unwilling to put forth an easy solution, don't want to risk losing money because of the situation they made, or want to make as much money as possible off of impatient people before giving a solution.

This, is all under the assumption that they are actually going to bother fixing it. Claiming it's hard, allows them to continuously kick it to a future update, and give lip service while they don't bother.

I'm just not sure that they care about fixing it. Their continued pushing of new features to the game, while not fixing the current Map Stash Problems for standard give little hope that they have little desire to make the Atlas better for players in Standard.
Why can't they update the old maps into the new ones for each League update, just like how they do with unique items all the time?
"
Hlifhildr wrote:
Why can't they update the old maps into the new ones for each League update, just like how they do with unique items all the time?

This! Can't be that hard,they already change names/stats/mods on skill gems,uniques etc. with every patch,why so tough to let us keep our map collection?

Standard is the *permanent* game,and there are a lot of people playing in so called "dumpster league" because they don't care for the latest League.
Some mornings it's not worth chewing the straps off...
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Well dear bex i think you youst dont respect standard players like me and many others.At this point i got toons of useles maps couse i always play with shaped atlas and ques what ??? its not first time you know this ? did you not read toons of post after betrayal ? Well GGG youst start to be 100% comercial i think not like before Tescent , now you care aboute new content and new player-more money thats all ,and its sad i love this game and play since 2013 but now i am 100 % sure its time to leave it .
Pro tip delete standard you dont care of it anyway
Last edited by Shecutor on Mar 14, 2019, 12:55:19 PM
atlas on standard should not change. period.

simple fix

maps from leagues should go to remove only tab maps then you have no need to unload them you just use them if u need extra farm on a tier or whatnot

there you go GGG i fixed your game

ur welcome?

(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:

simple fix

maps from leagues should go to remove only tab maps then you have no need to unload them you just use them if u need extra farm on a tier or whatnot

ur welcome?

That still won't fix the issue of having to remake your map pool of the new map series. Unless you're happy with not being able to interact with any atlas objectives (which you can't with old maps).
"
Phize wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:

simple fix

ur welcome?

That still won't fix the issue of having to remake your map pool of the new map series. Unless you're happy with not being able to interact with any atlas objectives (which you can't with old maps).

you dont get it
If std atlas does not change only the maps acquired in leagues that merg over as a remove only tab will be dead. All maps dropped on standard will stay usable. so your atlas on standard will never reset or change any progress you achieve on standard will not be reset because the atlas there is constant. this will fix both atlas reset issue and map storage issues in 1 swoop
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Last edited by RitualMurder on Mar 14, 2019, 5:30:24 PM
I'm trying to find an explanation from GGG as to why they want/need to change the map series every league now. Have you guys found anything?
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:
I'm trying to find an explanation from GGG as to why they want/need to change the map series every league now. Have you guys found anything?

Chris from the most recent Baeclast: Transcript

"
It's a full scramble. The goal here is diversity so you can't expect the same layout, the same maps in the same places. Obviously there's restrictions where the ones with crazy bosses have to go near the end, and ones with baby bosses have to go near the start, but the intention is replayability, because things are subtly different league to league, the pathing is different and so on. This is a thing we're trying to do, we've come up with tools for it now, where we think that we'll actually extend player retention in maps by having them be different, you're not subconsciously getting bored by them. It's maybe a boring game designer thing to do in the background, but we think it's been helping so far. We'll continue to do that.
nothing screams of player retention like telling a player to toss all of his maps in the garbage every 3 months.
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Mar 14, 2019, 10:43:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info