Will there be a new atlas every league now?

Yeah I was so triggered yesterday when I had to vendor all my maps from remove only Betrayal tabs. Took almost an entire day... I am for sure boycotting GGG until this is fixed. Whats even worse though than the map tab situation is the fact that old maps cant interact with atlas mechanics. I hoarded nearly 2k guardian maps over the past few months, paying on average 25c for each. I wanted to take a break from league and just focus on farming uber elder in standard and these maps were supposed to last me until end of Synthesis. I figured they update the map versions once per 2-3 patches so there was no danger in stocking up. Well, how wrong was I. Now Im stuck with all these shitty guardian maps that cant spawn anything. I guess time to bulk sell for 16c each and suffer a 100ex+ loss. Thanks GGG for shitting on standard players. Woohoo.

GGG the easiest way is just to implement the 1:1 vendor recipe everyone is asking for. That would resolve most issues. Please just give a tiny ounce of shit for your second class citizens in standard and implement this recipe.
I just got another mail from support:

support answer:

"The functionality of the Map tab hasn't changed since it's release (with an exception being the known bug that causes the tab not to remove properly when emptied, but this is being worked on and is not intended behaviour).

I'm afraid it has never been possible to store more than one series of maps in a Map tab - this is due to the changes made throughout the normal adjustments to the Atlas that are part and parcel with the development and changing nature of the game."

Yeah sure, that's correct, but they know exactly what changing the series every league means. They do it on purpose, so that we can not claim the map tab has lost its original functionality (because they didn't temper with it directly but indirectly) and changes to the game itself are allowed. Nice trick.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 11, 2019, 10:40:34 PM
"
Antigegner wrote:

support answer:

"The functionality of the Map tab hasn't changed since it's release (with an exception being the known bug that causes the tab not to remove properly when emptied, but this is being worked on and is not intended behaviour).

I'm afraid it has never been possible to store more than one series of maps in a Map tab - this is due to the changes made throughout the normal adjustments to the Atlas that are part and parcel with the development and changing nature of the game."

Yeah sure, that's correct, but they know exactly what changing the series every league means. They do it on purpose, so that we can not claim the map tab has lost its original functionality (because they didn't temper with it directly but indirectly) and changes to the game itself are allowed. Nice trick.

im fine if they change atlas every year or so on std but every 3 months is ludicrous

maybe the atlas changes should stay on league and just keep standard well... standard
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
It would be nice to get some real feedback about this issue. Over the last week or so we've had:

Chris on Baeclast: 02/05/19

TL'DR we know about it but it's a pain to fix so maybe one day.

Bex on Reddit: 04/05/19

"
I've raised this topic with the team but we're not able to propose a solution while we're getting the remaining parts of Synthesis ready. I will definitely be bringing it up with them again as soon as the expansion is out.

Bex again: 11/05/19
"
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

None of which are terribly encouraging.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

support answer:

im fine if they change atlas every year or so on std but every 3 months is ludicrous

maybe the atlas changes should stay on league and just keep standard well... standard

Do you honestly think they care? Company was sold off for hundreds of millions to Tencent, it's all about money now.

not anymore
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 12, 2019, 12:05:42 AM
We all need toband together and assert that we will not buy ANY future products until they fix what they broke. If they see numbers large enough and conclude this will hurt their bottom line maybe then something will happen
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
I applaud the switching atlas. When you play every league, you get really tired of running the same t1-2-3 maps for a while until better ones drop.
"
insilopeh wrote:
I applaud the switching atlas. When you play every league, you get really tired of running the same t1-2-3 maps for a while until better ones drop.

You completely missed the point.
It´s not about the Atlas changes in the first place, it´s about the intentional function of the map tabs in standard, which many of us play.
They basically sell us an expensive premium tab which works for 3 months. After that we can either buy another one or vendor all collected maps for a 1:3 ratio, not to mention the insane amount of time and storage space required.
There should be the fixed Standard Atlas, and a shuffled new Atlas for every league.

At the end of the league, the new shuffled Atlas maps should be converted 1:1 into their Standard Atlas counterparts, so, a Tier 14 League map A becomes one of the Tier 14 Standard map A, Tier 14 League B becomes Standard Tier 14 B.

This would be the easiest and best solution for everyone.

Right now it's more of a mess. When I came back into the game after some longer hiatus I still had some maps lying around from the time when the Atlas was firstly introduced.
"
IamLoco wrote:

They basically sell us an expensive premium tab which works for 3 months.

Not really expensive and they work for more than 3 months. You forgot, leagues last 4 months and they work even when league has finished.

"
IamLoco wrote:

After that we can either buy another one or vendor all collected maps for a 1:3 ratio, not to mention the insane amount of time and storage space required.

Or you could just run all of them before league ends and gets merged. Then you wouldn't have to sell them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info