Will there be a new atlas every league now?

"
NoBillag wrote:
"
IamLoco wrote:

They basically sell us an expensive premium tab which works for 3 months.

Not really expensive and they work for more than 3 months. You forgot, leagues last 4 months and they work even when league has finished.

"
IamLoco wrote:

After that we can either buy another one or vendor all collected maps for a 1:3 ratio, not to mention the insane amount of time and storage space required.

Or you could just run all of them before league ends and gets merged. Then you wouldn't have to sell them.

You clearly have no idea what u r talking about. You are the perfect customer.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 12, 2019, 8:52:14 AM
"
Antigegner wrote:
I just got another mail from support:

support answer:

"The functionality of the Map tab hasn't changed since it's release (with an exception being the known bug that causes the tab not to remove properly when emptied, but this is being worked on and is not intended behaviour).

I'm afraid it has never been possible to store more than one series of maps in a Map tab - this is due to the changes made throughout the normal adjustments to the Atlas that are part and parcel with the development and changing nature of the game."

Yeah sure, that's correct, but they know exactly what changing the series every league means. They do it on purpose, so that we can not claim the map tab has lost its original functionality (because they didn't temper with it directly but indirectly) and changes to the game itself are allowed. Nice trick.

Typical F2P gaming company behavior. I voted for GGG during Steam awards activity. In 2019, I am not sure to vote again.
[quote="Bex_GGG" realm="pc"]We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. [/quote]

I haven´t decided to play any usual Standard Core yet, so can´t tell what all this fuzz is actually about really regarding this Map Tab thing. I usually play the Standard Current League or just go for SSF instead, and am using the Map Stash Tab I always use.
I remember I was reading about something regarding some Map Stash Tab issue about half a year ago or so, but can´t imagine that is still the issue here. Or is it?

Can´t tell really, as I said I usually go play SSF.

Ok, this was what I actually said some pages ago, and now as I been reading through some of the pages and posts here I actually understand a bit more of why really.
And well, what can I say? I agree, totally. And why shouldn´t I.
If you as a player of Path of Exile actually do go to the choice of actually wanting to play Standard Core instead of participating in the Current League, you certainly shouldn´t be forced to have to buy a completely new Map Stash Tab each and every time you do decide you want to go play usual Standard Core.

And really fixing this problem, shouldn´t be too hard to do for a professional Programmer Developer. Or could it? Sometimes a tiny little glitch can make huge consequences, and big issues. I know, lol.

But seriously, many people are playing and many also buying bunch of MTX just for the sake of actually liking this game and the look of it. But having to actually buy one new Map Stash Tab (150 Pts) each time you actually do decide you want to go play some Standard Core, should n´t really be an issue or a necessity here. Come on GGG, fix this issue so each and every Map (old and new) can be easily converted and useable in Standard Core. 10
"
IamLoco wrote:
"
insilopeh wrote:
I applaud the switching atlas. When you play every league, you get really tired of running the same t1-2-3 maps for a while until better ones drop.

You completely missed the point.
It´s not about the Atlas changes in the first place, it´s about the intentional function of the map tabs in standard, which many of us play.
They basically sell us an expensive premium tab which works for 3 months. After that we can either buy another one or vendor all collected maps for a 1:3 ratio, not to mention the insane amount of time and storage space required.

I am not a standard player, but from what I see on this forum, half are complaining about the switching atlas, the other half is complaining about their stash tab (which i agree needs to be addressed by GGG) and the third half complains about having to recomplete maps again following a change. Third and first half may be drawn as a circle if using a Wenn diagram.
"
insilopeh wrote:

I am not a standard player, but from what I see on this forum, half are complaining about the switching atlas, the other half is complaining about their stash tab (which i agree needs to be addressed by GGG) and the third half complains about having to recomplete maps again following a change. Third and first half may be drawn as a circle if using a Wenn diagram.

We wouldn't be mad that the Atlas keeps changing, if they weren't screwing over Standard Players every League Start with new Atlas layouts, rendering our maps worthless, and forcing us to spend far too much time fixing the tab because of it.

Most of us, wouldn't care that the atlas keeps changing, if they would have come up with a plan for how to handle this BEFORE they decided to do it.

After Vendoring to upgrade all my maps that I had 3x of, I still have all the following, now useless maps that do nothing for atlas progression, don't count for anything, are worthless in trade, and don't help me get to Shaper.

Spoiler

To "fix" The Map Stash Tab, I have to:

1.) Fill my inventory with Maps that I have 3 of.
2.) Go Vendor them.
3.) Dump the new maps into a different tab
4.) Repeat 1-3 until I've completed the upgrade process.
5.) Take all the single maps out of the tab, into my inventory until full.
6.) Dump them in a different Tab.
7.) Repeat 5-6 until I have the Map Stash Tab Empty.
8.) Switch the Settings on my Map Stash Tab so that it now has the ability to hold the new Maps.
9.) Dump the new maps from the tab I was holding them into my inventory until full.
10.) Dump them into the Map Stash Tab.
11.) Repeat 9 - 10 until New Maps are in Map Stash Tab has all of my New Maps in it.
12.) Stare at what's left, Angry that GGG decided that they were going to do something "really cool" for league players before they had a plan in place to accommodate the community that doesn't play leagues.

We aren't mad that they decided to do this. We're mad that they decided to do this without a complete plan. And to Standard Players, it feels like a middle finger in our face, because they don't care.
I m sorry but this was their plan. They knew what they were doing before they did it. They just expect it toblow over with a wimper
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Thinking it will blow over with a whimper will end up costing them players, and there are some of us willing to sit here and be the squeaky wheel until they fix it.

I can't even understand how this decision made it through business planning. They have existing problems with the Map Stash Tab's functionality as it is. Whoever decided to move forward with this, while not addressing the current problem, and creating entirely new problems, didn't take the long view on this.

Unless, they've decided that they can take the potential hit to the playerbase, I just can't understand the logic behind this move.
"
shoju wrote:
Thinking it will blow over with a whimper will end up costing them players, and there are some of us willing to sit here and be the squeaky wheel until they fix it.

I can't even understand how this decision made it through business planning. They have existing problems with the Map Stash Tab's functionality as it is. Whoever decided to move forward with this, while not addressing the current problem, and creating entirely new problems, didn't take the long view on this.

Unless, they've decided that they can take the potential hit to the playerbase, I just can't understand the logic behind this move.

i got a simple answer for you. you only need to look at any thread ggg makes teasing new content or supporter pack and in the next 2 hours there are 20 pages worth of posts from drooling idiots fawning all over inconsequential nonsense. so they see shit like that and see that they can really shit out any dook and a large part of community that frequents these forums goes nuts and that tells them that they can just put out more dook and get the same reaction. even in this thread some folks are all about this abhorrent debilitating change.

so yes they just think it will blow over with complaints and we will jsut suck it up, after all it isn't the first time they pulled shit like this though it may be their most egregious. and obviously their main hope is not jsut that it blows over but that we all jsut start buying more map tabs and stash tabs to accommodate them screwing us over.
"
sendantes wrote:

i got a simple answer for you. you only need to look at any thread ggg makes teasing new content or supporter pack and in the next 2 hours there are 20 pages worth of posts from drooling idiots fawning all over inconsequential nonsense. so they see shit like that and see that they can really shit out any dook and a large part of community that frequents these forums goes nuts and that tells them that they can just put out more dook and get the same reaction. even in this thread some folks are all about this abhorrent debilitating change.

so yes they just think it will blow over with complaints and we will jsut suck it up, after all it isn't the first time they pulled shit like this though it may be their most egregious. and obviously their main hope is not jsut that it blows over but that we all jsut start buying more map tabs and stash tabs to accommodate them screwing us over.

They may want to sit in Chat on General, or pay attention to threads like these. There is no sucking this up. If they don't fix it, I'm out. I've bought 27 Stash tabs, + the supporter pack that I bought when it went live (stalker) as a way of showing support to the company for the game + several rounds of Points for Cosmetic swaps, etc...

There are quite a few Standard players who are just as unhappy with this. I'm pretty sure that if they thought that this was just going to blow over, they egregiously miscalculated the number of people who would be unhappy about it, and even further, miscalculated how they would respond when left screwed over.

PoE may be a great game, but if this is how they are going to treat the player base in standard, I'll gladly go find something else to play. Sucking it up, and dealing with the fact that they've introduced a perishable aspect to end game content in the PERMANENT league is unacceptable, at least IMO.

"
shoju wrote:
"
sendantes wrote:

They may want to sit in Chat on General, or pay attention to threads like these. There is no sucking this up. If they don't fix it, I'm out. I've bought 27 Stash tabs, + the supporter pack that I bought when it went live (stalker) as a way of showing support to the company for the game + several rounds of Points for Cosmetic swaps, etc...

There are quite a few Standard players who are just as unhappy with this. I'm pretty sure that if they thought that this was just going to blow over, they egregiously miscalculated the number of people who would be unhappy about it, and even further, miscalculated how they would respond when left screwed over.

PoE may be a great game, but if this is how they are going to treat the player base in standard, I'll gladly go find something else to play. Sucking it up, and dealing with the fact that they've introduced a perishable aspect to end game content in the PERMANENT league is unacceptable, at least IMO.

i couldn't agree with you more. as i kept saying through this thread, I am mostly idling in hideout to sell my wares. I ran 4 maps last night i think.
I am NOT emptying my map tab. i have no room to convert them anyways. I am not buying any more stash tabs. I try very hard to manage with what i have but with delve stuff soaking up space in my stashes i have been thinking of buying another set of tabs.
this is not going to happen. but we need more than 2;3;5;10 players to sign on to this. unless we get a few hundred folks to agree that not a dime will be spent till they resolve this issue, i fear they will jsut keep ignoring us, and try to wait us out.
Last edited by sendantes on Mar 12, 2019, 2:15:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info