Will there be a new atlas every league now?

I'm not really playing much right now. I log in and look at the ~1600 maps in my Standard map tab and think about how long it took last time around to convert them, as well as the number of free tabs needed to hold the new maps. Then I have the remove only map tab from the time I spent in Betrayal, that also has ~400 maps, which are now useless. This entire thing is a huge clusterfuck.
"
Kellog wrote:
I'm not really playing much right now. I log in and look at the ~1600 maps in my Standard map tab and think about how long it took last time around to convert them, as well as the number of free tabs needed to hold the new maps. Then I have the remove only map tab from the time I spent in Betrayal, that also has ~400 maps, which are now useless. This entire thing is a huge clusterfuck.

This is how I felt for the past 3 patches

Spoiler
if the numbers of people happy to buy a map stash tab due to these changes outnumbers the number of people that are boycotting the company for shafting them, then ggg continues to ignore us fully. i suspect they won't even have anything other than a canned response like we got from this community rep in this thread. complete and utter bullshit. but if our numbers outnumber the people happy to waste their money on rip offs, then maybe they ll listen. sad thing is, the only way we will know is by their actions or lack thereof.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
angry bump
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
I checked my friends list for standard players that I had come to know from trading high level maps over the past couple of months, and very few of them are online, and those who are online seem to just be idling in their H/O.

I would say that quite a few of the standard players who were in my position, that being into red maps, and working towards Shaper, not super rich, just playing the game as time allows, are in a holding pattern, waiting to see how this shakes out. At least the ones that I had made friends with.

I still just come back to questioning GGG's business model. I'm continuously left trying to understand why they continue to push forward with plans when the basis for those plans are still not working properly, or, by moving forward, they are creating a situation where a portion of their player base is left in the lurch.

To me, this reeks of Higher Ups (upper management-esque), deciding that they believe that the problems will not affect the bottom line enough to bother allocating labor and resources to handle the problem.

I see this in my own career, especially now that I've reached that Upper Management level, and others are OK with the chaos / problems, because they feel that the benefit is greater than the problems.

The problem is, those people making those decisions aren't the ones that have to deal with the fallout. Even if Bex is / were sympathetic to the plight of Standard Players, she still has to run it up the chain, and convince someone that it's a big enough problem.

And, the only way it's going to be a big enough problem, is if we see a significant drop off of accounts logging in to standard, coupled with a dip in revenue.

Which, I'm just not sure we are going to see, since they have finally put the release date out for PS4. By Launching to the PS4, while having these problems present in standard, means that they are unlocking a new stream of players, who are chomping at the bit to spend cash.

The more that I've thought about it?

They aren't going to fix this. They have set up the perfect storm where they can in fact sweep it under the rug, because in the bigger picture, it's just not going to matter to them enough to fix it.

I want to be wrong. I want to believe that someone at GGG cares enough about what Standard was supposed to be to fix it, but as I've looked at the evidence, I just don't think that they care, and I think they believe that they can pay enough lip service on podcasts, and through Bex's official posts to keep people hanging on.

If we hit the next League, and they haven't fixed it / have a plan to fix it rolling out in concert with the new league, I'm done. I have no desire to continue to play leagues. I decided to play synthesis to give them a chance to get this fixed, and I'd go back to working on Standard Progression once they get it fixed. I have no desire to continuously lose 2/3 of my map pool every time they decide to create new content. I have no desire to start over from scratch 3 times a year, and still never get to the content I haven't seen before that's already in the game.

I just came back to the game less than a year ago, and I'm already tired of the leveling story, and the fact that they've added so much to the leveling experience renders the general leveling system moot.

I'm 8 levels ahead of the content that I am currently at in the Story, because I now have to spend my time

1.) running Cavas Fragments, and then going to the nexus and building chains, and running them, because you don't have enough storage for them to let them go for a while.

2) Doing Einhar hunts with their increased mob density.

3.) Running Delve, so that I'm not wasting Sulphite.

4.) Run Labs to get my ascendency points.

And, I'm not even going out of my way to do other things. I haven't stopped to farm a single thing. I doubt I've full cleared a single leveling zone. By the time I hit Kitava, at the rate I'm going, I'll be at least 74. I generally kill Kitava ~68-70, depending on how hard it is to cobble together the gear to make sure he doesn't stomp me into the stone.

And that's not even broaching the topic that Synthesis is just not amazing. Synthesizing gear is garbage while leveling. As predicted, because it always is at the beginning of the league, Low Level Cavas zones can be stupidly brutal (they say they're fixing that).

Couple all of the not jaw dropping aspects of this league, with the fact that they ruined the league I want to play in, and I'm just at a point where I've gone from being angry about them screwing over standard, to apathetic that they care it's broken, to pretty sure that I'm going to be walking away from the game, again.
Others have covered many of the points I would like to make quite eloquently previously in this thread, but I would still like to add a few personal thoughts about how I feel about this.

If you had presented the Unique tab some moths ago (before my unique map completion got wiped in (the perhaps aptly named) Betrayal), I would have bought it straight away (despite its flaws), and I would also gladly have bought any other specialty tab you might have come up with. I love this game, and I like to come back to it every now and again to pursue new goals (I still haven't defeated UberElder or UberAtziri), and to continue to expand my hoard.

As I have previously written, I became somewhat despondent when the small privilege of having completed the only Vinktar Square map I had every managed to assemble ripped away from me. That has kept me from acquiring any of supporter packs you had for that league, which otherwise look kinda nice. For someone who mainly plays standard, the subject of this thread is much worse.

Let me make a few things straight, though; I'm not opposed to this game changing. I don't mind too much that builds get nerfed, that I may have my old characters reset once in a while, or that a major revamp of the endgame may make my map pool less useful. Heck, I even quite understand your desire to re-arrange the atlas more often!

My main problem is that you lock me out of content to which I previously had access. I got a taste for all the new masters while I played the Betrayal league (which, given that I have a kid coming up, probably was the last league I will play for a few years), and I would like to keep doing their content. But to do that, I would not only have to spend time and space to upgrade my map pool, I would lose 2/3 of my relevant map pool size for *every* *single* *league*.

Quite simply, this would rather quickly erode my ability to partake in this game in any enjoyable way. I would seriously grieve me if it wouldn't feel worth it to log in anymore, if you steadily keep grinding away the resources I need to access content.

If you insist on persisting with the atlas re-arrangements every league, here are a few things you could do to keep me personally playing (and paying):

* Allow 1-to-1 exchange of old maps to new maps. Even if I got a random normal map of the same tier, it would be good enough for me.
** Bonus point #1: Allow 1-to-1 exchange of unique maps, regardless of the new level of that unique map.
** Bonus point #2: Have a button to convert an entire map tab tab at once (even if it means that I risk downgrading quality/rarity/corruption if I'm not careful).

* Allow old maps to interact with masters/elder/shaper(/sextants). This would of course necessitate some UI improvement to indicate which influences that map has, but such an improvement would easily benefit the current series too.

Please, don't make me quit a game I love :(
another really minor issue that pisses me off with atlas reset: the dailies stop spawning in the end game maps. now granted, since i dont have any current end game maps i would not be able to run master dailies if they were. but this garbage popping up in t1s...... when i have farmed uber elder in last month....... gtfo. i don't want to start over every 3 damn months.

but yes, this gripe is really minor. i jsut wanted to point out jsut how many issues there are with this crap they pulled on us.
Well, I'm one of the "schmucks" that "bit the bullet" and bought a third and final map tab - because I do need a map tab to sell maps once in awhile (and converting >4K WftA + >1K Betrayal maps was simply a no go, especially as the unique collection tab kept itself scarce and arrived later than expected).

I also bought a unique collection tab and will probably buy a spare.

And this comes from a supporter that is a FERVENT CRITIC of TencentGGG, and which hardly shares their point of view regarding the direction PoE should take - will see how things "settle", post the "mysterious" 3.7.0 "melee" rework patch - but I did get the last supporter pack as a gift for my birthday, and I would enjoy to grab a Vanguard or even an Empyrean pack (I SOOO NEED a couple of DRAGONS, the dragon set & 2 more celestial cats ^^), but ONLY if TencentGGG actually start address all the goddamn inconsistencies and problems that PoE faces, and those concerning a new Atlas every league for Standard players is a very important one, as I play mainly Standard...

Yet, they were "bombarded" with plausible solutions for these aspects, from all members of the community, and they simply need to implement the "best" ASAP.

Betrayal still feels "half-baked" into Standard, and Synthesis is even worse.

If this is their "best creative output", I'll urge them to reconsider their ASININE 3 month mandatory "NEW CONTENT" launch timetable, and actually work on making PoE better on all it's parts - we're still lacking trading improvements, minimal QA passes, and various basic QoL features, and get to enjoy a severe lack of polish, assets (still no complete voice acting for acts 5-10), and even technical problems - sure, dropping DX 9/9X support was the right choice, but PoE needs to get a lot more improvements to "get along with the times"...

If a 3 month cycle is too goddamn short - some of us say this since a long, long time ago - simply make it 1 month longer and get back some interesting EVENTS...

As always, it's up to TencentGGG to "git gud & up to snuff" while they still have some invested "veterans" playing...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 13, 2019, 2:53:14 PM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Well, I'm one of the "schmucks" that "bit the bullet" and bought a third and final map tab - because I do need a map tab to sell maps once in awhile (and converting >4K WftA + >1K Betrayal maps was simply a no go, especially as the unique collection tab kept itself scarce and arrived later than expected).

I also bought a unique collection tab and will probably buy a spare.

And this comes from a supporter that is a FERVENT CRITIC of TencentGGG, and which hardly shares their point of view regarding the direction PoE should take - will see how things "settle", post the "mysterious" 3.7.0 "melee" rework patch - but I did get the last supporter pack as a gift for my birthday, and I would enjoy to grab a Vanguard or even an Empyrean pack (I SOOO NEED a couple of DRAGONS, the dragon set & 2 more celestial cats ^^), but ONLY if TencentGGG actually start address all the goddamn inconsistencies and problems that PoE faces, and those concerning a new Atlas every league for Standard players is a very important one, as I play mainly Standard...

Yet, they were "bombarded" with plausible solutions for these aspects, from all members of the community, and they simply need to implement the "best" ASAP.

Betrayal still feels "half-baked" into Standard, and Synthesis is even worse.

If this is their "best creative output", I'll urge them to reconsider their ASININE 3 month mandatory "NEW CONTENT" launch timetable, and actually work on making PoE better on all it's parts - we're still lacking trading improvements, minimal QA passes, and various basic QoL features, and get to enjoy a severe lack of polish, assets (still no complete voice acting for acts 5-10), and even technical problems - sure, dropping DX 9/9X support was the right choice, but PoE needs to get a lot more improvements to "get along with the times"...

If a 3 month cycle is too goddamn short - some of us say this since a long, long time ago - simply make it 1 month longer and get back some interesting EVENTS...

As always, it's up to TencentGGG to "git gud & up to snuff" while they still have some invested "veterans" playing...

i don't know my friend. i feel like you are just their type of customer (and i think you fully recognize that). you say you are upset or dissatisfied with shit they are pulling but you are literally throwing money at them.

what in the world would possess them to make any changes when you criticize with words but support with your wallet? they simply have no reason to address any complaints in this kind of situation.

stop buying their shit until they fix this intentionally created mess.
I just went back and priced out what I've purchased.

4x 200 point packs. = $20 each = $80
1x Stalker Support bundle = $35
Premium Guild Stash Tabs = 500 Points. I sent the previous guild leader $60 to cover it.

$175

That by no means makes me a big spender. But, if the league that I play in doesn't get fixed, they certainly aren't getting any more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info