Will there be a new atlas every league now?

"
Antigegner wrote:
So, basically, as it looks now, I bought a remove-only-stash-tab for standard....

This is not what I paid for.

No more money from me. I can't invest into something that GGG changes whenever they like. I don't feel safe investing into YOUR products anymore because this might not be the only time you do this. It could happen to any kind of product you sell.

I wrote to customer support about this and what they said is they could refund the value of the premium stash tab in coins....but I can not invest into products that, as I have seen now, are not safe and might change any time GGG deems fit to change, so the coins don't help me at all. I want a PREMIUM-map-stash, not a remove-only stash tab and I want to feel safe about the products I invest real money in. Or I want my real-life money back, not in-game coins.
Im with you.
"
sendantes wrote:
"
shoju wrote:
Thinking it will blow over with a whimper will end up costing them players, and there are some of us willing to sit here and be the squeaky wheel until they fix it.

I can't even understand how this decision made it through business planning. They have existing problems with the Map Stash Tab's functionality as it is. Whoever decided to move forward with this, while not addressing the current problem, and creating entirely new problems, didn't take the long view on this.

Unless, they've decided that they can take the potential hit to the playerbase, I just can't understand the logic behind this move.

i got a simple answer for you. you only need to look at any thread ggg makes teasing new content or supporter pack and in the next 2 hours there are 20 pages worth of posts from drooling idiots fawning all over inconsequential nonsense. so they see shit like that and see that they can really shit out any dook and a large part of community that frequents these forums goes nuts and that tells them that they can just put out more dook and get the same reaction. even in this thread some folks are all about this abhorrent debilitating change.

so yes they just think it will blow over with complaints and we will jsut suck it up, after all it isn't the first time they pulled shit like this though it may be their most egregious. and obviously their main hope is not jsut that it blows over but that we all jsut start buying more map tabs and stash tabs to accommodate them screwing us over.

100% agree, so far I've been giving GGG the benefit of the doubt for the most part, but all the recent stuff aka the way 'crafting' in Synthesis is designed (which conveniently may make some people buy more stash tabs) and the brand new unique 'collection' tab (which, to paraphrase one of the posters, all it does is collect your wallet's content while people are still waiting for the resonator/fossil stash tab - how in the world is THIS not top priority?) reassured me in my opinion.

No more money from me until GGG (or let's be real, the Tencent overlord) changes the direction they're going right now. Another example of $$$ ruining nice things.

edit: Now that I think of it I have a theory - put your tinfoil hats on: the Delve stash tab might be actually ready to be released as we speak now. If it's true, it'd make more sense from a business perspective to first launch a low-demand tab (unique collection tab) and once a big chunk of people actually interested in buying the unique tab do so, then we get struck with the Delve tab.
Last edited by borefficz on Mar 12, 2019, 3:31:38 PM
Until my guild decides that they ever want to use the Guild Stash in Standard, it's been my personal Unique Repository.

I spent a ton of cash on buying a Guild Stash Tabs, might as well put them to use, eh? The unique collection tab is interesting, but 140 points? Meh. I just don't care enough to drop that many points on a tab that only holds 1 of each item. From the looks of it, it doesn't hold multiples of each item for the purposes of Legacy collecting, so.... /yawn.

The Fossil Tab should be pretty easy to get going. They have the framework in place for the tab. It's just a repurposing of the Essence / Fragment tab style.

I'm not even fluent in the code that the game is built in, and I'm pretty certain that I, by myself, could code up the tab in a few days. It should (if the game has been coded smartly) be as simple as grabbing the code for the fragment tab, changing the Calls and stacking to fit Fossils / Resonators, Building the GUI (existing resources...), and then mapping the code to the GUI.

You could do something pretty similar with the Map Stash Tab, and giving it the functionality to house multiple series of maps. You already have the ability to change the series of the tab with a right click. From that point, it's about turning the right click functionality that gives you different versions of the tab, into actual separate instances of the tab.

Once you have that working, you just need to make sure that you have the tab functioning properly, and displaying properly, and it's done.

Admittedly, building and editing PHP / SQL on a daily isn't the same as writing code for a game, but the principles of coding should carry over between the two. It's not rocket science. Copying / pasting / editing existing tab code to fit new tabs, should be easy. That there isn't a Fossil / Resonator tab is curious.

Now, giving the Map tab added flexiibility to house multiple series of maps is slightly more difficult. Based on how they built the stash tab, You would need to change over the operator for selection of series, to a different functionality, and add some code, but the hard work, is done. The versions of the Map Stash Tab exist. It's all about opening them up. Tedious? Probably. Difficult? Maybe? Impossible, to the point that they are dragging their heels to come up with a solution for standard, while thumbing their nose at the players? Absolutely not.

The search for a solution to this problem isn't because there aren't easily handled solutions. They just have to bother to do it.
The only problem I see with the fossils is that they're used differently than other stackable currency and thus might be programmed in a way that makes stacking them difficult. The resonators run into the problem of storing a resonator that has fossils already applied to them.

It's not just like the fragment tab where all the frags are indistinguishable from one another.
I did rare + corrupted T16s(guardians) + killed shaper but my atlas still 116 comp. I didnt get full comp. Before patch and reset my atlas was 158/159 how can i fix this ?
Redo the Atlas every 3 months ?!?! wtf !!! I am ssf kinda standard player ,and that shouldn't even matter ,how to fuck a part of the community by poor developers mentality to understand players .I personally love standard more than the leagues .Sure i have played a few of them and they were good but i mean come on ggg .Such a shame .This is exactly the stuff that 's gonna drive me away and move on to other games .That one drop too much .The game will die without standard i am sure of ,Chris Wilson you need to talk to devs and stop it ,dont destroy something that can be so great and that is this game .Please .

Suggestion : Dont do this from now .ok

Then simply just change all Atlas bonus completion back ,if killed that boss corrupted or not or if its a new boss on the map etc etc ,whatever it is that map = completed in std if it was ,no discussion .New map tiers of the different maps could be something to collect for league players .Another thing to have in mind in a way .That could perhaps be something that keeps the leagueplayers busy with the leagues more too you know and play them longer .

For standard Atlas ,just like with the skilltree free respec ,Atlas can get a free respec if the player wants to change their Atlas to the latest league .Otherwise Atlas stays the same ,and imo that would be cool feature .Lots of decisionmakings to have and thats ok .

Someone in ggg needs to show leadership right now imo .
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The only problem I see with the fossils is that they're used differently than other stackable currency and thus might be programmed in a way that makes stacking them difficult. The resonators run into the problem of storing a resonator that has fossils already applied to them.

It's not just like the fragment tab where all the frags are indistinguishable from one another.

Fossils and resonators are indistinguishable until they're socketed. So make a stash tab that only stores fossils and unsocketed resonators. Not sure how others work with fossils, I don't socket anything until I'm ready to use it, so I wouldn't be bothered about storing the odd few in my stash or inventory.

As for maps, as Shoju mentioned above, there are many solutions to the problem if GGG wanted to implement one. I am happy enough to trade white and yellow maps 3:1 with a vendor, but not so much with red maps or unique maps given their low drop rate. Map completion on the atlas doesn't bother me so much if I can run one high tier map and get everything updated. Again there's a problem with unique maps given their drop rate.

Right now I have two map stash tabs, one from the last league, and one from the league before. They are both paralysed until I can clear them up, and in the meantime I have all the gaps in my other stash tabs filling up with new maps. If this was a once a year problem I would just go f*ckit, but every 3 months is too much.

I do play leagues when they float my boat, but I like to bring stuff back to Standard and tweak builds long term. Delve was fantastic, played that all the way. Betrayal was a bit meh, so I skipped it, and now it's in core I haven't changed my mind. Synthesis I am poking at with a stick thinking "what IS this thing...?

when I think that maybe 3 or 4 months ago I suggested to GGGTencent to make premium stash tabs for...

- Skill Gems
- Unique Item Collection (they are doing it now)

...I was willing to pay for them, even a lot of money. Now that GGGTencent have screwed us over with the map stash tab I feel stupid - and of course I won't buy anything anymore. I even bought both supporter packs for betrayal league although I didn't even play the league....
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Devonor wrote:
Redo the Atlas every 3 months ?!?! wtf !!! I am ssf kinda standard player ,and that shouldn't even matter ,how to fuck a part of the community by poor developers mentality to understand players .I personally love standard more than the leagues .Sure i have played a few of them and they were good but i mean come on ggg .Such a shame .This is exactly the stuff that 's gonna drive me away and move on to other games .That one drop too much .The game will die without standard i am sure of ,Chris Wilson you need to talk to devs and stop it ,dont destroy something that can be so great and that is this game .Please .

Suggestion : Dont do this from now .ok

Then simply just change all Atlas bonus completion back ,if killed that boss corrupted or not or if its a new boss on the map etc etc ,whatever it is that map = completed in std if it was ,no discussion .New map tiers of the different maps could be something to collect for league players .Another thing to have in mind in a way .That could perhaps be something that keeps the leagueplayers busy with the leagues more too you know and play them longer .

For standard Atlas ,just like with the skilltree free respec ,Atlas can get a free respec if the player wants to change their Atlas to the latest league .Otherwise Atlas stays the same ,and imo that would be cool feature .Lots of decisionmakings to have and thats ok .

Someone in ggg needs to show leadership right now imo .

Ssf is basically unplayable on standard now.
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

I'm out. You've done milked me enough, enough of this sunken-cost-fallacy of a game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info