Will there be a new atlas every league now?

"
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

The solution I propose is simple, easily implemented, and should satisfy most people's concerns (which seems to be a) the need to buy more EXPENSIVE map tabs and b) one's investment in old series maps is devalued).

Simply create a machine in the hideout called "Map Converter" (or whatever name you like). Drop a map of any series into it, and it chews it up and spits out an equivalent map of the current series. Could even have a small cost like 1 alchemy.

Problem solved, you're welcome GGG
"
sendantes wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Well, I'm one of the "schmucks" that "bit the bullet" and bought a third and final map tab - because I do need a map tab to sell maps once in awhile (and converting >4K WftA + >1K Betrayal maps was simply a no go, especially as the unique collection tab kept itself scarce and arrived later than expected).

I also bought a unique collection tab and will probably buy a spare.

And this comes from a supporter that is a FERVENT CRITIC of TencentGGG, and which hardly shares their point of view regarding the direction PoE should take - will see how things "settle", post the "mysterious" 3.7.0 "melee" rework patch - but I did get the last supporter pack as a gift for my birthday, and I would enjoy to grab a Vanguard or even an Empyrean pack (I SOOO NEED a couple of DRAGONS, the dragon set & 2 more celestial cats ^^), but ONLY if TencentGGG actually start address all the goddamn inconsistencies and problems that PoE faces, and those concerning a new Atlas every league for Standard players is a very important one, as I play mainly Standard...

Yet, they were "bombarded" with plausible solutions for these aspects, from all members of the community, and they simply need to implement the "best" ASAP.

Betrayal still feels "half-baked" into Standard, and Synthesis is even worse.

If this is their "best creative output", I'll urge them to reconsider their ASININE 3 month mandatory "NEW CONTENT" launch timetable, and actually work on making PoE better on all it's parts - we're still lacking trading improvements, minimal QA passes, and various basic QoL features, and get to enjoy a severe lack of polish, assets (still no complete voice acting for acts 5-10), and even technical problems - sure, dropping DX 9/9X support was the right choice, but PoE needs to get a lot more improvements to "get along with the times"...

If a 3 month cycle is too goddamn short - some of us say this since a long, long time ago - simply make it 1 month longer and get back some interesting EVENTS...

As always, it's up to TencentGGG to "git gud & up to snuff" while they still have some invested "veterans" playing...

i don't know my friend. i feel like you are just their type of customer (and i think you fully recognize that). you say you are upset or dissatisfied with shit they are pulling but you are literally throwing money at them.

what in the world would possess them to make any changes when you criticize with words but support with your wallet? they simply have no reason to address any complaints in this kind of situation.

stop buying their shit until they fix this intentionally created mess.

Take a long look at the badges. I did spent more than 1K $ on PoE, but I play and "invest" since 1.3.0, and post the TencentGGG merge, I actually didn't bought a supporter pack myself, and I know that others did the same themselves...

I am "itching" to spend some more $$$, because even if we don't like it, PoE is not just the "BEST" option, but the "ONLY" option on the market, especially if we're talking more about shooter arcades with an ARPG "pedigree" (Warframe is the only other serious contender, albeit more shooter focused)...

You can see it that way, but I actually remember them addressing a lot of those "complaints" even when some of us "schmucks" supported them without completely agreeing with them. The most important moment was when the DESYNC was fixed, as most of us "veterans" never saw that coming.

Sure, I ask TencentGGG to "up the ante" as they NEED TO, because the long "forgotten" days of GGG being a small indie "garage" dev have been replaced with TencentGGG having a successful project that involves more than 100 people. It's way past time to "take the team out of the garage AND the garage out of the game"...

So I know they can fix their mess, and I already voted with my wallet for almost 9 months already, I don't know what more I personally could do, as I do provide feedback quite often...

"
TestMyLuck wrote:
Spoiler
"
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

The solution I propose is simple, easily implemented, and should satisfy most people's concerns (which seems to be a) the need to buy more EXPENSIVE map tabs and b) one's investment in old series maps is devalued).

Simply create a machine in the hideout called "Map Converter" (or whatever name you like). Drop a map of any series into it, and it chews it up and spits out an equivalent map of the current series. Could even have a small cost like 1 alchemy.

The cost is a very spiky topic, as I don't get to amass a few thousand alchemy orbs to convert those 5K maps that I manage to get every 3 months, and why should we pay for an option that should be handled for FREE by a goddamn button in the map tab?

At least they have the right idea with keeping unique map progression ALWAYS completed on Atlas reshuffles. Implementing a button that actually resets the FULL ATLAS PROGRESSION, just like the full respec option every 3 months would be the BEST SOLUTION for Standard.

Want to shape your Atlas for 3 months? Here have a SANCTIONED by dev, "go at it". Want to enjoy your investment in the fully completed Atlas? Here, on Standard, you can be sure your investment is "rock solid", and doesn't get wiped with a sponge every 3 months.

The map tab having a button for fully converting ALL it's content to the current edition should be the less costly option on the long run (especially if they actually fix the plethora of persisting remove only map tabs), as you can remove and relocate all the "relevant" maps as a collector.

Those 2 solutions would mandate 2 more alert messages the first time you open the Atlas and the map tab in Standard every 3 months, just like on the skill tree, and they make sense, since both the Atlas AND the map tab undergo "severe" changes - why didn't they thought about this and implemented it from the start is beyond me, as TencentGGG need to stop with the "but the technology isn't here yet", they need to "git gud & up to snuff" and prepare "the technology" BEFORE implementing such impactful changes...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Mar 13, 2019, 11:42:07 PM
"
shoju wrote:
The problem is, those people making those decisions aren't the ones that have to deal with the fallout. Even if Bex is / were sympathetic to the plight of Standard Players, she still has to run it up the chain, and convince someone that it's a big enough problem...

They're already aware of the issue. As I posted earlier in this thread Chris was asked about this issue directly, by one of the Streamers, during the most recent Baeclast.

In essence, it's something we are aware of but it's hard to fix and will require a lot or work. We don't have an answer but it is a hot topic...

The issue I have with this answer is that GGG must have been aware of how the map tab in Standard would be affected when they were making plans to move to the current situation. So just how long has this been known about...
"
TestMyLuck wrote:
"

Absolutely not. I'd need 2000+ alchemy orbs just to convert the current maps I have and being SSF it's just not something I'd do.
"
TestMyLuck wrote:

As in I'd have to manually put all the maps into it? This sounds almost as bad and tedious as what we have today

"
you're welcome GGG

lol
I've posted a lot on this already.

The easy and best solution is to get rid of map series altogether. This would be done by migrating every old map to current automatically. This would not affect freedom to change the atlas at all and would be simple. Maps are first class items in PoE and forking all 400ish of them when you change a small subset is just extra slop in pfiles and db (profile loading times recently?).

Agree with the post who challenged GGG designers to be forced to cleanup an old STD stash using the same shitty UI and tools we have. Even then they wouldn't understand as they wouldn't really care about all those drops that got nerfed to relative uselessness because of lazy design.

The fact of the matter is this is a tip of the iceberg issue. It's hubris. You have to integrate your content. You can't cater to a bunch of streamers to the detriment of the game. This game is not an esport and is in no way competitive. I play standard because I don't have time to play through all the league content in 3m. Having missed a several leagues there is too much to do and it is all endgame which doesn't motivate me to reset all progress to play through stuff I have already done.

The folks saying to just buy more tabs don't get it. It doesn't matter if you can afford 0 or 100s of tabs per league. The point of standard is it shouldn't have progression resets. That includes the maps themselves which I don't want nerfed. Old maps can be run but don't count for atlas completion, can't be influenced so pretty big nerfs. Why should we have to deal with a time costly stash mess and best case selling 3 old for 1 new? 3 : 1 is pretty big loss in value. What's next? Reset my skill gems to level 1 too? Delete all worn gear?
At least they should give each map an indicator of the map generation it is based on.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Sullee wrote:
The easy and best solution is to get rid of map series altogether. This would be done by migrating every old map to current automatically.

It would be the 'most effective' solution from players view, but also the 'most expensive' decision for GGG: because this will eliminate any/verymost need of multiple map tabs...

And on the other hand: how should such 'automatic' conversion handle wih people who WANT to keep old map iterations? (I still have a complete set of 1st gen) Of course it is kind of silly from actual view, but who cares?
The conversion could be limited to work only on map tab, but this will obviously not be a solution for players without the specific tab, and also not work for all maps that are 'just' stored in regular tabs (because the player has only a single, actual map tab)... If we could just convert maps at vendors, people will complain about "too much effort, and so on...
--
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

It would be the 'most effective' solution from players view, but also the 'most expensive' decision for GGG: because this will eliminate any/verymost need of multiple map tabs...

It can be difficult or expensive. Knowing the consequences GGG should not do map series change at all before having a solution.

You can see the initial player reaction...Fast drop of player quantity at the start of this league
https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#6m

Note: Of course, it is not because of this issue only but it is an important factor for sure.

"
Kaltroh wrote:
You can see the initial player reaction...Fast drop of player quantity at the start of this league
Note: Of course, it is not because of this issue only but it is an important factor for sure.

depending on if steam can count based on the league a char is active on - synthesis players are NOT affected at all from this behaviour: you will never have a presetted atlas in the challenge leagues...

"
Knowing the consequences GGG should not do map series change at all before having a solution.

Well, it's not that this would be the first change of the map iteration... the only 'new' aspect is that they now clearly confirm that it will happen with EACH new league expansion.
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info