Will there be a new atlas every league now?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

I haven´t decided to play any usual Standard Core yet, so can´t tell what all this fuzz is actually about really regarding this Map Tab thing. I usually play the Standard Current League or just go for SSF instead, and am using the Map Stash Tab I always use.
I remember I was reading about something regarding some Map Stash Tab issue about half a year ago or so, but can´t imagine that is still the issue here. Or is it?

Can´t tell really, as I said I usually go play SSF.
the issue in a nut shell: A map tab can only hold one series of maps at a time. Players have a bunch of old series maps which are now pretty much useless, but they want to keep them anyway. They don't want to buy a new tab to hold the new series of maps and they don't want to vendor 1000s of maps that they've hoarded.

I don't blame them a bit. There should be something done. If it were me, I'd just delete all the old maps from the servers and take the heat for that. It would blow over. Simple. Like a blow to the head.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
...If it were me, I'd just delete all the old maps from the servers and take the heat for that.

Hell, no!

I'd quit, because standard's main justification would in effect be gone: You'd have to rebuild your map pool just like all league players do, every league. But that is precisely why I currently play std: I don't want to grind everything over again, and maps are by far the bigger grind than the 10 acts are.
Besides, nowadays I measure my progress in T14+ maps, not chaos or exalts. So for me, that would wipe my progress in std. I doubt I'm alone with that sentiment.

And why would you suggest that? It would be easy for GGG to fix the problem for std players: Just add a button to each tab (especially the map tab) "Convert all old maps in this tab to the new generation". That is a simple typeID-swap, they wouldn't even have to reroll the affixes.
The other problems are already solved, after all:
- Unique map completion is finally carried over from last league.
- We get all completion of all lower maps by completing an old map.
This last step of converting old maps is certainly not enough work to risk pissing off many players.

Also, even for league players map tab sales would plummet, as it makes no sense to hoard more than one or two of each map anymore.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
there are tons of easy ways to fix this. they do not want to fix this. they hope we just "get over it" and move on. i mean, it is sad just how nice some responses are from folks in this thread to that ggg guy who posted.
what a load of hogwash to imply that ggg devs are not aware of the problem they created. that he will bring it to their attention.

not that i really want to bring politics into it, but he basically just pulled a weaker version of sara huckabee sanders on us.

i will not let this thread die. i have seen these these types of threads fizzle out. but i will keep this damn thing at top of the forum even if i must be at it alone until they fix this ripoff bullshit.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Last edited by sendantes on Mar 11, 2019, 2:13:07 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

What does it say about the dev team that this issue hasn't been on their radar from day 1?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Seriously?I mean, I get it, It makes the Atlas new, and fun, for the league players, But it seems like a pretty crap way to go about it, when you launch this feature without a resolution for the entire player base

You've basically said: "HEY! We're going to rearrange the atlas every three months! Oh... You guys, over there, in the permanent league? Yeah, the league some of you play specifically because you don't play enough to complete Shaper level content every three months? Yeah, sorry that this screws you guys over, we don't have a fix for you when we launch this feature, but we're going to do it anyway.

I know, I know, it seems really short sighted, and we don't care that we haven't even fixed the remove only map stash tab bug yet, but PROGRESS!, right?"

I just gave up and played Synthesis this time instead of dealing with the fact that after I vendored all of the maps I had triples of, I still have more Betrayal maps than I do Synthesis maps. (109 Vs 101)

Synthesis is "ok". There are definitely some issues with it, but I guess doing this, I don't have to stare at my stash tab full of items that you've made worthless, again. I vendored over THREE HUNDRED maps, and still have 109 more that I can't vendor to get Synthesis maps. But, if I have to deal with this AGAIN, in 3.7, and all my progress gets wiped on the atlas, (But hey! You can reset ALMOST all of your progress by running the highest tier old map you have!) each time, I'm never going to get to shaper, uber elder, uber atziri, etc... I just don't play enough to do that in three months.

And, if GGG's official solution is just: "Well, play more, because we're going to reset you each League Start?"

I'll go find something else to play.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

What does it say about the dev team that this issue hasn't been on their radar from day 1?

It says that the Dev team knew, and didn't care.
"
Pathological wrote:

Do you actually think they are changing the atlas each league to force the tiny number of standard players to buy multiple map tabs? Or do you think it's because they want to change the experience the vast number of players have each league, rather than having the same routine every time?

"Tiny number of standard players"

Spoken like someone who plays leagues, more than standard.

"

I get that it must be annoying and they should work on a fix for it, but league players cautiously make up 80% or more of the playing population of poe, and changing the atlas around improves the experience for those players a lot.

let's use your quote here, and extrapolate some data. Let's say that the concurrent player number is not concurrent, and it's just the max number of players. It's not, and we both know that, but it makes for easy math.

During the weekend, they hit 167,000 concurrent players. Using your assumption, that's

33,400 players in standard.

That's not tiny.

I think the word you are looking for is "Minority" of players. And while Standard players may be the minority, Non Hardcore Standard is far from the wasteland that people who primarily play leagues think it is. We have no problem trading, or sitting in dead General Chat channels (unless you go out of your way to).

"
Mythreindeer wrote:

Being still relatively new to the game I was on the fence about buying the map stash tab. Then I read about the issues and am glad I did not though I have most of the other types which I love. I play both leagues and standard but I have taken to just dumping the league maps at league end.

The map tab is god damn amazing in leagues, so I don't know why you'd not buy one if you play leagues. There is no downside to having it in standard and not using it. [/quote]

The problem in standard is pretty simple. Each time the league starts new our stash tab, becomes unusable until we take the time to unload it by hand, CTRL+Clicking each and every individual map into our inventory, and then either vendoring them to upgrade to the new series, or CTRL+Clicking them into a new tab.

If you vendor them all, you then get to reset the tab, and load the new maps back in, while still having other maps that you have to put somewhere, because they won't go back in the upgraded tab.

It's ridiculous, and antithetical to the idea of the permanent league, and what the Map Stash Tab was marketed as.

I would be willing to wager that most standard players are like me. People who play regularly, but not for long periods of time, or don't play "super efficient", to the point where they are going to see all the content in 3 months before the league is reset.

I played in Open Beta, and played a few leagues when they came out. I stuck it out for a while, until inefficient coding in animations during a league made some video cards worse than playing on a system with onboard video.

I came back last year, with a new machine, and what seems to be a far more stable code backbone for the game. I've yet to encounter the same problems that I had.

I came back, and play specifically standard, because I am a busy person, and I don't have the time (nor desire) to rush through the league and get to the end game in 3 months, just so I can start all over again.

With the second league in a row screwing me over on the atlas, and ruining my map pool (seriously, I've vendored over 1K maps in the past 2 resets to get to a pool of 120 current league maps, gone through 2 atlas resets that have reset my progress to a point where I have less progress than I did prior to the reset, while being stuck with a quad tab worth of maps from the last two resets that I can't vendor to upgrade, because I don't have them in triplicate, and you can't vendor mixed series of maps to get modern map series.

What incentive do I have to continue to play a game that has decided that the permanent league that was supposed to be permanent with no loss of items or progression has suddenly decided that the end game content for the game is perishable?
"
RitualMurder wrote:
its kinda of a pain in the ass for standard have to get a new map tab every league or just unload 2000+ maps after each league?

so tedious

why ggg

why.....

Because if you have that much time to amass 2K+ of maps then you certainly can afford to buy a map tab every league.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I little honesty would go a long way here. This "inconvenience" and "on their radar" carp is just so patronizing. The middle finger standard players just got at the start of Synthesis was the same one they got three months ago. This is not a new problem. People play standard for continuity, and resetting map progress every league going forward destroys that continuity.

If you want to emphasize league and don't have time to fix stuff in standard just say that (or let it remain an unspoken truth). Don't pretend this is going to be a priority if it really is not. Say something when you have an actual concrete plan and not just empty words.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info