Will there be a new atlas every league now?

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Thank you for your reply on this topic, Bex, it is appreciated!

That said, it is kinda worrying that you had to point this issue out to the team. Should they not have known about it before?! If they didn't, then they truly don't ever look at feedback, nor think about std at all. If they did, but did not take it seriously, then it means they absolutely disrespect the people who buy stuff from them. Not a good basis for future trust from affected customers...

My personal situation: I have about a hundred writable stash tabs filled with stuff from many past leagues. I've already sorted out a lot of the trash, but my tabs are pretty full, so I cannot convert my legacy maps via the 3:1 recipe. Yet I cannot play the game because where will I put all the new maps that I hope will drop?

So I have only 2 options:
1. Play the league. My current RL situation leaves me with a lot less play time than last year, so I don't want to start over, just fire up POE every now and then a dive right into the action with characters I have grown to like quite a bit and accumulate more T14+ maps.
2. Not play POE at all. Or rather: Only spend my little game time throwing out more stuff which I'll probably never use and can't sell for at least 5C. This is a very slow process and I only feel like this sometimes. In other words: I hardly start my POE client anymore.

I am really looking forward to the collector's tab and hopefully a delve tab, but I will certainly not spend any more money on POE if the map problem in std is not solved. This is really a pity to me, I've always had great respect for GGG's financial model and felt no remorse after spending hundreds of EUR on it. But that is just not the case anymore. I doubt I'm alone in this.

Just my opinion, but I think this issue is a lot more serious than the team believes it to be.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

I am sure we will have this same exact conversation next league, so you might want to save this nicely worded answer to reuse it.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
I will also stop investing in POE. When I am managing my atlas to a certain point and use currency (like unshaping) to do so, that is reset with every league. It takes a lot of time and currency to so most of the times.

Standard league is a big part of the game in my opinion and I don't play every new league. So if my standard progress is pushed back like this on a regular basis, I will stop playing.
So, basically, as it looks now, I bought a remove-only-stash-tab for standard....

This is not what I paid for.

No more money from me. I can't invest into something that GGG changes whenever they like. I don't feel safe investing into YOUR products anymore because this might not be the only time you do this. It could happen to any kind of product you sell.

I wrote to customer support about this and what they said is they could refund the value of the premium stash tab in coins....but I can not invest into products that, as I have seen now, are not safe and might change any time GGG deems fit to change, so the coins don't help me at all. I want a PREMIUM-map-stash, not a remove-only stash tab and I want to feel safe about the products I invest real money in. Or I want my real-life money back, not in-game coins.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
this is really ridiculous that this issue is still there ...

I will ask for a refund for the map stash tab , and encourage you to do the same.. We didnt pay for a remove only stash tab.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Mar 11, 2019, 10:07:18 AM
"
Cocofang wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Nononono. You are disrespecting your paying customers with your inaction.

People paid money to get a specialized map tab! And because you made the decision to shuffle the atlas each league it doesn't work properly anymore. You consciously made a decision that screwed over specifically the people supporting you monetarily.

Generally the state of the permanent league stash is an absolute disgrace. Stash management is archaic. You are treating the permanent leagues like dumpsters and players are likely to follow suit. If I had my way, I would get every single person working at GGG, sit them in front of a permanent league stash that was left alone for a year or two and have them sort it. Manually. Everything. And after they know this suffering, I'd get a team together to create the tools and QoL features necessary to do it efficiently and easy.

Not to mention purchasing additional stash tabs is an absolutely ridiculous undertaking if you have remove-only stash tabs in a permanent league. Not only do random remove-only tabs get converted to usable ones, if you buy a regular->premium upgrade a random usable stash tab becomes remove-only and a random remove-only tab becomes your new premium tab. How is this something of low priority in anyone's eyes?!

These are long standing issues. Basic issues. And nothing is done about them because the majority at GGG is busy pumping out a new league on a ludicrous 13 week schedule, getting drained by crunch.
Absolutely!!! Good speech.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

As a note - and yes, I'm certain it's been addressed elsewhere in the four pages I skipped, but I'm throwing this out there specifically to add extra weight to the argument - it's not really "inconvenient" for Standard players. It's a dealbreaker.

Normally when I'm burned out on Path 9as I am now) I take a league or two off to dicker around in Standard, maybe shitpost on the forums some, and just generally avoid the stress and hustle of NEW LEAGUE GOTTA GO FAST ACHIEVABLES NAO GOGOGO. Take the time to play on some old favorite characters, enjoy what I've already built, and just generally play Path at a relaxed, lazy pace commensurate with wanting to recharge.

Since the War for the Atlas expansion, though? Having a huge and varied pool of maps is a REQUIREMENT for running endgame, and having a Map tab is very nearly a requirement for maintaining the sort of map pool that the War for the Atlas requires. The fact that my one map tab in Standard is locked to maps which are three generations out of date now means I cannot play endgame content without A.) discarding the many hundreds of maps currently stored in that tab, or B.) Map-Chugging my way through the lot of them in a manner exactly opposite my desire to play at a relaxed pace when running Standard. Nor do I have a way to store new maps even when I do run some of my stash of older maps because my Standard map tab is locked to WftA maps or whatever came immediately afterward.

What this all means is that rather than play lazily in Standard and keep my toes dipped in the PoE stream, when I'm burnt on the game I simply don't play at all because mapping is shit without a map tab and I don't get to benefit from my existing purchase of the already drastically overpriced Map tab. Not playing at all means it's a lot easier to just pass on whatever the next league is, as well. Now admittedly this does give me more time to catch up on other games I've been missing out on, but I feel like Grinding Gear shouldn't be encouraging that, ne?

So. Why are you guys encouraging me not to play Path?
We need to start a movement. Everyone that will no longer spend a dime on poe till they fix what they broke with maps needs to add their name to this thread. If any of you also post on twitter and reddit then please start it there also so they can start seeing it on all the platforms
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Last edited by sendantes on Mar 11, 2019, 11:29:07 AM
that won't help much I guess. Fact is that they have a player base that is contributing to POE and GGG and new leagues is just a part of it all. I hope they don't start to neglect one part to provide more to another part
"
j3rr0 wrote:
that won't help much I guess. Fact is that they have a player base that is contributing to POE and GGG and new leagues is just a part of it all. I hope they don't start to neglect one part to provide more to another part

I hope they realize that players might lose trust into GGG products, seeing that GGG might change what these products do / how they function at any time given. How about having to buy the same cosmetic mtx again and again for each new league? My problem is a trust issue here.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info