farming sulphate is aids

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Play one map, bunch of delves, one map, etc, etc, etc.

at depth 200 its take 100 sulphite for 1-short-run / long run it's like 300+

T13 map get's you 130-180sulphite

Playing standart = fells bad !

"
Astarte911 wrote:
You can farm Sulphate on quarry (Act 9). The mine is always around the waypoint.

thx !
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming
Last edited by MrJimo on Sep 4, 2018, 8:39:57 AM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
You can farm Sulphate on quarry (Act 9). The mine is always around the waypoint.

Sure but that only works up untill a point,i am at 2500 capacity atm 30-40 per run is a lot of fucking quarry runs.
Sad thing is its still faster then mapping.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Instead of giving a ''fixed ammount'' of sulphite every vain you find.

Give it percentage based. at a random factor.

so you can store up to 1000 sulphite, you find a vain and GGG's rng favors you BOOM 100% filled.

another vain after delving.

so you can store up to 1000 sulphite, you find a vain and GGG's rng dooms you BOOM 5% filled.

This will also solve the lack of fuel at the lower depts, and not change anything about the upgrade system.

also its RNG which is love by GGG.

Let me hear you opinion pls.
Oh god I just made a post about how I'm enjoying Delve but I'm like only lvl 20 and I was wondering how the sulfite farming vs delving was at end game

I get already bored while mapping before reaching shaper , I thought with Delve I could see the light but reading you guys it seems like its horrible lmao

I might be too casual for this game lol
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
Then go to All Programs and uninstall the game you whiny little goddamn piglet. Every single time there's something that these silver plate kids are crying and begging about.

The reason why you need to farm Azurite is because otherwise this mine would feel like endless loot and people would just jump between different types of rewards with no effort. There is satisfaction in earning the reward, otherwise it becomes bland and gets boring. I am very glad you need to upgrade stuff and I'm glad the weak minds are getting weeded out.

If breathing wasn't autonomous you'd be dead.
But it is completely possible to get more than 1 cache, thus even a low tier white map can yield more than 150. Besides, mapping is much better than face rolling low tier content.
The fact that, as I mentioned above, our solution for maximizing delve content is to just instance Quarry over and over again, shows that there was a rather short-sighted bit of design here, and one troublesome change from Incursion GGG failed to climb over.

Namely, in Incursion, the Temple's level was gated behind the level of content. You could in fact still run lots of Quarries, (and then one T7 per loop to get a T1-map-equivalent temple) but that did mean that a lot of the rewards were going to be truncated: the map room, while it COULD spawn, was going to be worthless. Similarly, most of the drops elsewhere would tend to be worthless, but it was the most plausible route to getting those Sacrificial, corruption, and gem altars.

With Delve, the level of zone you get the resource from is entirely detached from the level of content you get: getting a bit less per zone merely means those high-tier things come SLOWER, rather than being outright gated off. It's the equivalent of if the game had gone, for Incursion "okay, you can select the Temple level you want, but if it's an 82/83, you need to run 40 Quarry incursions instead of 11!"

Obviously, you'd be dumb in that case to just rely on red-tier maps to get high-end temples: you'd just spam Quarry over and over again, so you can get the high-level rewards like maps and the chance for that sweet IIQ String.

The downside to Incursion's whole thing, of course, is that it provided heavy punishment for taking anything other than one of two idealized routes: you either HAD to get the Level 82+ temple (for the String, maps, etc) -or- you may as well just run Quarry all day to get altars the fastest; there was no in-between: the only viable level ranges to run the Temple were <=68 and >=82. (Barring, of course, the arbitrary 70 runs for the 40/40 challenge)

So yes, Incursion's wasn't perfect, and needed a fix. Unfortunately, it appears Delve's route wasn't very good either.

"
vio wrote:
delve could be the same. let players in there for free but only if they got sulphite you get item drops and xp.

Even if the solution is awkward, your logic is actually on-point there, touching to part of the core of the issue.

A player's rewards should be tied to how much they invest into it: more in = more out.

And yeah, it does recognize that there's another side to this, not just loot. Too many people forget that loot ISN'T the goal of this game: it's merely an element to grease things along.

The game is about, well, playing it. "Fun" isn't from holding a valuable piece of gear, it comes from running around butchering mobs by the screenful. If it was just for the loot, it'd be as Snorkle_uk put it: we'd just camp in our hideouts in Standard and stare at our OP legacy items.

And to be honest, that idea needs to be applied to Delve as well. People play Delve not just for the rewards, but REALLY because it's different gameplay, and more importantly, gameplay that's been sold as being more challenging: remember that no reward is worth a damn if there aren't bragging rights, and just being able to prove you can do harder stuff brings bragging rights all on its own.

So our core problem is that the loot is 100% tied to access to more challenging content, which means it's gated AF. Which means that access to the truly challenging Delves requires grinding for the rewards, whether you cared about the reward loot or not.

The more straightforward solution might be to just rework how our resources work. Already, we have 2 different types of resource: we have sulphite itself (which is used to access Delves in the first place) and then we have a host of azurite-purchased upgrades that help in accessing rewards.

What if we scrapped that Azurite reward system, and replaced it with something that decoupled our reward grind from access to the Delves themselves? Something like this:

• Sulphite costs for each delve would be dramatically lower, and closer to flat. Capacity would start out high: it wouldn't be that difficult to load up enough to run a bunch of higher-level segments at once. If the player decided, they could spend a large portion of their time in the Azurite Mines.

[li]Normal delves wouldn't provide any loot beyond, at best, what you'd get with relatively low-investment mapping. However, you could rapidly push down without much grind for Sulphite if your build, gear, and skills were up to snuff.

[li]Good loot would be locked behind use of special resources, such as explosives and flares. They would NOT be purchasable with Azurite, but instead would only drop out of the Mines. They wouldn't have to necessarily be explosives or flares; the exact technical part doesn't require them to be that. They'd just functionally be "keys" in an abstract sense.

[li]Moreover, these special resources (be they flares, explosives, or something else) come tiered: if you wanted to access the locked loot at higher levels, you had to do higher-level stuff OUTSIDE of the mines.

[li]The result is that any player could quickly rush into a suicide-dive into the mines at high level with only some Quarry farm (or just mapping as usual) but if you wanted the REWARDS, you had to actually grind for that stuff.

• Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
    "
    Johny_Snow wrote:
    But it is completely possible to get more than 1 cache, thus even a low tier white map can yield more than 150. Besides, mapping is much better than face rolling low tier content.

Eh, white maps don't really yield any loot wortwhile. It's just filler as you run along and take several minutes to clear it all. There's a reason for the "number of maps" challenges, the route has just been to spam City Square, where you can rush and kill the boss in under 30 seconds, portal out and start again.

Quarry offers the quickest possible route to access randomly-spawning content. You don't lose out on anything given that the white-tier maps weren't dropping anything any better anyhow. (It's red-tier maps that count, preferably those Elder/Shaper influenced... But even those pale to the T16 Elder/shaper influence maps that are kinda exclusive to doing Uber Elder)
    Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
    May be adding Zana mods to increase sulpate gain by %50 for 1c will help.
    "
    ACGIFT wrote:
    "
    Johny_Snow wrote:

Eh, white maps don't really yield any loot wortwhile. It's just filler as you run along and take several minutes to clear it all. There's a reason for the "number of maps" challenges, the route has just been to spam City Square, where you can rush and kill the boss in under 30 seconds, portal out and start again.

Quarry offers the quickest possible route to access randomly-spawning content. You don't lose out on anything given that the white-tier maps weren't dropping anything any better anyhow. (It's red-tier maps that count, preferably those Elder/Shaper influenced... But even those pale to the T16 Elder/shaper influence maps that are kinda exclusive to doing Uber Elder)

Not the point.

If I ran a white map which yielded 150+ of that thing a red map could yield much more, all they need to do is to increase the stacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info