[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Really like the guide and plan to use this as my starter build, but I prefer not to level as sunder. Would frost blades with double strike be fine?
Last edited by apeksmainman on Jun 1, 2018, 3:33:25 AM
"
andrewc5120 wrote:
Beautiful guide. Won me over on league starter for tomorrow. Hope I can drop a few lucky uniques before I go for trades.

Good luck Mate :)

"
Haasts wrote:
Quick question re: rare gear - this is getting into luxury item/magical-Christmas-land territory, but besides the helm pseudo 5-links, are there any particular Shaper/Elder-only affixes to keep an eye out for - e.g. would "Curse Enemies with Assassin's/Warlord's Mark On Hit" on a ring free up the CoH Herald of Ice setup to Herald of Ash if we're feeling socket-starved?

Also, if it helps (and for my own convenience), since poe.trade has the Incursion option available now, I quickly ported some of your saved searches from the GGG trade site to poe.trade Incursion SC:

Jewels / Abyss Jewels / Belts / Amulets / Rings / 5L Helmets / 6L Helmets

Ye, CoH Assmark Ring would free gemslots up. I dont recommend mapping without HoI tho, as the Sounds are just too good :D and it helps with clear quite a bit.
Where do you feel Socket starved? The recommend links Work in the endgame Gear recommendations and the Progress Gear even has spare sockets.

The only other shelder item I recommended is an elder belt with %life recovery for HC. It's a very noticeable boost to our Leech. Since they are very expensive tho If you want damage and resists in them as well i didnt recommend them in the normal Gear section. Also never missed it in SC, but its incredibly strong. If you can get one, Grab it.

Ye, there are other luxury items. I didnt mention any of the crazy possible rares tho, as any Player that can afford These should be able to make the decision themselves :P
Like a Crit+Conc Effect + Horror Helmet to Socket your BF into. Can wear a Kaoms in Bosses Like that, but it goes into the 100ex+ territory.

Currently Not at Home, I'll Update the links later (with the poe Websites links tho :P).
Thanks for reminding me to put Up a link for a 6l Rare!

"
apeksmainman wrote:
Really like the guide and plan to use this as my starter build, but I prefer not to level as sunder. Would frost blades with double strike be fine?

Sure it would work, why not. Tree fits it Just as well, I even list FB as one of the possible Clearskills for endgame.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 1, 2018, 3:38:11 AM
Thanks for this guide!

gonna be my league starter too, not sure how quickly i can get the watchers eye though...

sooooo... ill play with 40% conversion up to that point (depending on stat stick)

isnt that gonna keep my dps down quite a bit? should i prioritize the watchers eye or a shaper stat stick and run around with 40% conversion? or keep the conversion offhand until i can afford both?

thanks in advance for your help!
"
nobosy wrote:
Thanks for this guide!

gonna be my league starter too, not sure how quickly i can get the watchers eye though...

sooooo... ill play with 40% conversion up to that point (depending on stat stick)

isnt that gonna keep my dps down quite a bit? should i prioritize the watchers eye or a shaper stat stick and run around with 40% conversion? or keep the conversion offhand until i can afford both?

thanks in advance for your help!

You Run around with a Moonbenders Wing for 90% Conversion. At some Point a decent Stat Stick could straight Up Beat that even without the Watchers Eye. Depends on your Gear. Check it Out in PoB when the time arises. No way to Tell whats gonna be better with regard to Investment etc.
Sorry if this question has been answered already, but how does this build compare to a phys bf/reave champion?

Was able to farm uber elder deathless pretty easily on that, curious how this one would do in that situation.
"
NSHN wrote:
Sorry if this question has been answered already, but how does this build compare to a phys bf/reave champion?

Was able to farm uber elder deathless pretty easily on that, curious how this one would do in that situation.

Phys Champ has slightly worse DPS than this if I change all my gear accordingly. Level 95, Claw transformed to a Foil with same Phys DPS and Crit Roll, All Jewels changed to work with foils and all Accuracy transformed into some flat Ele Rolls, Watcher's Eye changed to Crit one. Obviously no 5th DPS Flask like this build, as you need a Life Flask.
Config is enemy = shaper, taunted, intimdated. player = taunted recently, power charges, adrenaline. Even with a theoretical perma Adrenaline it falls behind. And no, you won't have Frenzy Charges since you can't get Farruls Fur anymore.
There was this guy on reddit that tinkered around a bit with me concerning this topic, he got to more damage as Scion Slayer/Raider after tinkering around a bit: here

Ele Conversion Champ should be stronger tho:
Champ is just an incredibly strong Ascendancy in terms of offensive.

The advantage this build has is it's very close or sometimes even slightly better damage, while having way more Survivability/Safety.
That's objectively true, but some people dont want or need it. So it comes down to preference I'd say what you wanna play.

Like I said, you can build a Champ as Ele Conversion to have more DPS tho.

Now I go to bed to await the league start. Actually got a free night as opposed to what I thought a few days ago.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 1, 2018, 12:33:56 PM
I was thinking instead of going ascendanct, what about inquis as blade flurry or is that not as good?
Quick Note that Doublestrike is really close to BF right now as long as the enemy is Bleeding. Coupled with Vaal Double Strike, it is better.

It works on the same tree and slightly different links than BF.
I'm personally gonna wait a bit tho to see if it gets nerfed.

League Start has been going fine for me. Only did the first 3 Acts as I really needed some sleep, but following the levelling Guide is very easy.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 2, 2018, 12:06:23 PM
What links would you go for the double strike? I know we're going to need to throw chance to bleed in there, so maybe just swap Conc. Effect with that. Also thinking might be worth to drop reave if running double strike, as the double vaal gems leaves no room on the skill bar haha and then you get another 4-link to play around with.
Last edited by Berto33 on Jun 2, 2018, 8:02:35 PM
"
Berto33 wrote:
What links would you go for the double strike? I know we're going to need to throw chance to bleed in there, so maybe just swap Conc. Effect with that. Also thinking might be worth to drop reave if running double strike, as the double vaal gems leaves no room on the skill bar haha

No, you would have Room for it. Vaal Skills don't take up Space now, they offer both version in one Gem. I mentioned this in the guide tho.

E: oh, you meant on the bar
nah, itll work out somehow i think
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 2, 2018, 8:07:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info