[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Cant wait to build this in new league :)
Hello going to try this as my league starter, question though since you have not done the section on ascendancy choices yet, would it be better to start slayer > jugg then respec from jugg to raider once your gear gets better since league start means cant prep gg gear? very well written guide btw super easy to follow and in depth.
"
xqball wrote:
Hello going to try this as my league starter, question though since you have not done the section on ascendancy choices yet, would it be better to start slayer > jugg then respec from jugg to raider once your gear gets better since league start means cant prep gg gear? very well written guide btw super easy to follow and in depth.

Are you playing HC? In SC I don't see any reason to go Jugg. Even in HC, I probably wouldn't go. Just clear low lvl maps instead.
"
livejamie wrote:
Can't decide between this and Elementalist BV.

I love the guide though, thanks!

Hey, cool that you consider it :)
I thought about Elementalist a bunch as well. With the pseudo Autobomber mechanics possible with a Elementalist after the rework, the clearspeed is gonna be excellent. Just don't know if it holds up in T16s. BV is gonna feel way better than in the past with the new changes tho!

That said, this build will have way safer and reliable bossing capabilities, and more damage. If that's nothing you care about, then I can't help you on the decision :P

"
ssspring wrote:
Cant wait to build this in new league :)

Thanks for trying it out!

"
xqball wrote:

The "ascendancy discussion" I have planned is meant to be what Ascendancy has which advantages as a Ele Conversion BF build. And I meant real Ascendancies, not sub ascendancies from Ascendant :P Raider vs Champ vs Pathfinder vs Jugg vs Ascendant etc. Just gonna write down some thoughts and post PoBs in the second post. Spoilers tho: I think Ascendant is best for this kind of build :D

Technically you can choose any sub Ascendancy before Uber Lab, where you respec everything to Raider + Ranger Start. I really don't think there are any super attractive choices. We make use of everything Raider offers, not from Jugg on the other hand. And even with bad Gear Raider is better, why wouldn't it?

Thanks for the nice words mate, put quite some time and effort into this guide :) If you find anything I could improve on, gimme a call!

Edit:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
Are you playing HC? In SC I don't see any reason to go Jugg. Even in HC, I probably wouldn't go. Just clear low lvl maps instead.

Basically what I said. We don't even make use of the Jugg sub ascendancies Endurance Charges, since we are Dodge and Evasion based and most of the time don't even receive hits that often.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 31, 2018, 12:11:55 PM

Hey everyone :)

In the last few days I updated everything to be 3.3 ready, as well as added some other stuff.
Thanks to everyones suggestions, criticism and questions I think this Guide is 98% finished.
And it better be, the first post is at 49.000 out of 50.000 letters again :D
To shorten that a bit, I had to remove every "https://" from the countless Links I included.
Everything works fine as far as I can tell, but maybe your Browser blocks these Links because that's missing.

Please tell me if any Pictures or Links are not working for you!

The only things left to do are updating the Videos to 3.3 (to show the power of the new Vaal System) and updating the Trade Links for rare Items to work with the Incursion League.
That's gonna happen in the next few days.

As always, if you find any Mistakes, Typos or have Suggestions: point them out to me please.
I'm always down to answer Questions, especially since the League is starting soon.
That said, the guide contains 99% of the information you could need, I think. Don't ask me about Stat requirements, Life, etc. while levelling as it is all explained. Please :)

Thanks for all the kind words, suggestions and trying the Build out!
Have fun with this as a League Starter :) Sadly, I will be missing the first few days myself.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 31, 2018, 1:56:26 PM

"
xqball wrote:

The "ascendancy discussion" I have planned is meant to be what Ascendancy has which advantages as a Ele Conversion BF build. And I meant real Ascendancies, not sub ascendancies from Ascendant :P Raider vs Champ vs Pathfinder vs Jugg vs Ascendant etc. Just gonna write down some thoughts and post PoBs in the second post. Spoilers tho: I think Ascendant is best for this kind of build :D

Technically you can choose any sub Ascendancy before Uber Lab, where you respec everything to Raider + Ranger Start. I really don't think there are any super attractive choices. We make use of everything Raider offers, not from Jugg on the other hand. And even with bad Gear Raider is better, why wouldn't it?

Thanks for the nice words mate, put quite some time and effort into this guide :) If you find anything I could improve on, gimme a call!

Edit:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:

Basically what I said. We don't even make use of the Jugg sub ascendancies Endurance Charges, since we are Dodge and Evasion based and most of the time don't even receive hits that often.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, honestly i was more looking at it as a free source of accuracy early on as its so expensive on gear the first two weeks of league but I will go slayer/raider and do my best to deal with acc issues early on shouldnt be build breaking looking at the amount of dex and +acc% from the tree.
"
xqball wrote:
Thanks for the reply, honestly i was more looking at it as a free source of accuracy early on as its so expensive on gear the first two weeks of league but I will go slayer/raider and do my best to deal with acc issues early on shouldnt be build breaking looking at the amount of dex and +acc% from the tree.

You messed up the quoting a bit :P

Ye, Accuracy can be a struggle. That said, there is a 3 Point Acc Cluster in reach that you can grab if you feel you need it. You won't hit 90+% Accuracy until you have good gear, but 87% and stuff like that honestly doesn't feel bad. Never made a noticeable difference to me.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 31, 2018, 1:41:16 PM
"
"
xqball wrote:

You messed up the quoting a bit :P

Ye, Accuracy can be a struggle. That said, there is a 3 Point Acc Cluster in reach that you can grab if you feel you need it. You won't hit 90+% Accuracy until you have good gear, but 87% and stuff like that honestly doesn't feel bad. Never made a noticeable difference to me.

haha yeah I did oops, thanks I was looking at that in pob but even with crafted acc I should be able to hit 90% with hp and resist rings so should be fine I usually waste like 10-15ex on meme builds at the beginning of leagues but I want to take this one more seriously so shouldnt be too bad gearing just focusing on one character.
"

The only things left to do are updating the Videos to 3.3 (to show the power of the new Vaal System) and updating the Trade Links for rare Items to work with the Incursion League.
That's gonna happen in the next few days.

Looks good on my end.

Quick question re: rare gear - this is getting into luxury item/magical-Christmas-land territory, but besides the helm pseudo 5-links, are there any particular Shaper/Elder-only affixes to keep an eye out for - e.g. would "Curse Enemies with Assassin's/Warlord's Mark On Hit" on a ring free up the CoH Herald of Ice setup Herald of Ash if we're feeling socket-starved?

Also, if it helps (and for my own convenience), since poe.trade has the Incursion option available now, I quickly ported some of your saved searches from the GGG trade site to poe.trade Incursion SC:

Jewels / Abyss Jewels / Belts / Amulets / Rings / Boots / 5L Helmets / 6L Helmets / Stat Sticks / Watcher's Eye
#####
Jewels (minus ele res plus chaos res // Abyss Jewels (see former)
#####
Maxres 2-socket Lightpoachers // Maxlife 2-socket Bubonic Trails // Maxlife corrupted Kaom's Roots
#####
Elder belts // Steel rings // Stygian vises // Stat-stick amulets
Last edited by Haasts on Jun 26, 2018, 7:28:22 PM
Beautiful guide. Won me over on league starter for tomorrow. Hope I can drop a few lucky uniques before I go for trades.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info