[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Savage16 wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Trying this build for some quick SSFHC fun on the Flashback event. Most difficult part so far is getting comfortable with the Sunder levelling part. I see a lot of people using it to great success, but for me it's kinda... clunky? Dunno if you need to pass a certain attack speed treshold for it to get smooth. As for the uniques, it's just a matter of pure mindless grind. :p

I've been using Frost Blades for clearing and Dual Strike for ST. Feels pretty good so far though I am not very high level.

does this work? i really hated the sunder part myself, cant stand that skill idk :) probably doing something wrong, but im just not a fan of it anyway. in bestiary i just switched to bf/reave at like 50, in new league this wont be possible for me i guess (and least as starter).

if you could give me 1-2 hints what supports to use with frost blades for leveling, im really unexperienced with that skill :)
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Trying this build for some quick SSFHC fun on the Flashback event. Most difficult part so far is getting comfortable with the Sunder levelling part. I see a lot of people using it to great success, but for me it's kinda... clunky? Dunno if you need to pass a certain attack speed treshold for it to get smooth. As for the uniques, it's just a matter of pure mindless grind. :p

Nice that youre giving it a shot!

Like I said in the guide, its only semi SSF friendly as some uniques are required. Then again, people play stuff with build enabling uniques Like Qotf Wanders or Summoners all the time there, so yes: you gotta grind it out :P

As for the Sunder levelling, RaizQT made an awesome guide about ele conversion Sunder levelling. I'll be adding this to the main post later when Im home.
While Sunder is most reliable and cookie cutter way to level any attack build to maps, it sure takes one or 2 runs to get used to.

As a general rule though, sunder feels better with more Attack speed. Try to find the highest APS/phys Base you can get and apply the recipe outlined in this Video. Then make sure you dual wield for more Attack speed and place the weapon in your Mainhand (as Sunder only attacks with this).
This is all included in the picture guide for levelling tho, but I'll make sure to expand on it in the future!

GL on your journey, maybe give it a Shot for Incursion as well :D
Last edited by Guffinn on May 17, 2018, 2:45:55 AM
"
viatrix_1115 wrote:
"
Savage16 wrote:

I've been using Frost Blades for clearing and Dual Strike for ST. Feels pretty good so far though I am not very high level.

does this work? i really hated the sunder part myself, cant stand that skill idk :) probably doing something wrong, but im just not a fan of it anyway. in bestiary i just switched to bf/reave at like 50, in new league this wont be possible for me i guess (and least as starter).

if you could give me 1-2 hints what supports to use with frost blades for leveling, im really unexperienced with that skill :)

Check my previous Post for a explanation on how to make Sunder feel better, it really is the Superior levelling Option.

But I'll add a Frostblades Variant to my Guide later.

If you decide to Stick it out with frostblades, These are the gems i recommend:
Ancestral Call, Melee Phys, Elemental Damage with attacks, Added Cold, Onslaught.

Use Ancestral Call and Onslaught for clear and swap them out for one of the other Red gems and added cold for act bosses.
Once you get Multistrike, replace Ancestral Call with this and keep it in at all times.

If you have Access to them, 2 Ewars Mirage are great levelling uniques for Frostblades.

Hope I could help :)

Last edited by Guffinn on May 17, 2018, 2:56:25 AM
"
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

Nice that youre giving it a shot!

Like I said in the guide, its only semi SSF friendly as some uniques are required. Then again, people play stuff with build enabling uniques Like Qotf Wanders or Summoners all the time there, so yes: you gotta grind it out :P

As for the Sunder levelling, RaizQT made an awesome guide about ele conversion Sunder levelling. I'll be adding this to the main post later when Im home.
While Sunder is most reliable and cookie cutter way to level any attack build to maps, it sure takes one or 2 runs to get used to.

As a general rule though, sunder feels better with more Attack speed. Try to find the highest APS/phys Base you can get and apply the recipe outlined in this Video. Then make sure you dual wield for more Attack speed and place the weapon in your Mainhand (as Sunder only attacks with this).
This is all included in the picture guide for levelling tho, but I'll make sure to expand on it in the future!

GL on your journey, maybe give it a Shot for Incursion as well :D

Yes, been doing quite well after I got the Multistrike support. Biggest problem right now is survivability: not having some kind of leech or bigger damage reduction is risky on hardcore. Almost switching out Hatred for a Warlord's Mark/Blasphemy, maybe getting more life too.

And yeah, I'll definitely going to be running this build on Incursion. It's just that there are so many stuff I wanna try out on that league (specially the reworked Blade Vortex and the new Incinerate) haha
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Yes, been doing quite well after I got the Multistrike support. Biggest problem right now is survivability: not having some kind of leech or bigger damage reduction is risky on hardcore. Almost switching out Hatred for a Warlord's Mark/Blasphemy, maybe getting more life too.

And yeah, I'll definitely going to be running this build on Incursion. It's just that there are so many stuff I wanna try out on that league (specially the reworked Blade Vortex and the new Incinerate) haha

Yep, getting Leech early on can be hard. You should use Bloodrage for some flat Leech and even more Attack speed, as Well as the Life Cluster next to the claw nodes which has Leech. Also, speccing into Vitality Void is an Option as its easily in reach.

Late Game all of our Leech comes from Bloodrage, the claw nodes, that one life Cluster and Atziris Promise tho.

Also, the Life gain on Hit from Claws is not to be underestimated!

Life shouldnt be a Problem to get with all the Clusters that are in reach. As for mitigation, Basalt and Fortify are great. Also a Granite is super useful during levelling.
Speccing into full Acrobatics early Turns you nigh Immortal in my experience during acts.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 17, 2018, 3:39:31 AM
"
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

Yep, getting Leech early on can be hard. You should use Bloodrage for some flat Leech and even more Attack speed, as Well as the Life Cluster next to the claw nodes which has Leech. Also, speccing into Vitality Void is an Option as its easily in reach.

Late Game all of our Leech comes from Bloodrage, the claw nodes, that one life Cluster and Atziris Promise tho.

Also, the Life gain on Hit from Claws is not to be underestimated!

Life shouldnt be a Problem to get with all the Clusters that are in reach. As for mitigation, Basalt and Fortify are great. Also a Granite is super useful during levelling.
Speccing into full Acrobatics early Turns you nigh Immortal in my experience during acts.

Yeah, being able to utilize the claw nodes since the beginning would be awesome. Using maybe Frost Blades or Molten Strike w/ Ancestral Call for the early levels with some rare ele claws could be good, but dunno. I'll be trying it this way, since my Sunder character got torn up to pieces by some bullshit beyond-strongbox w/ exploding corpses. :(
Last edited by leafyr0kr on May 17, 2018, 5:43:34 PM
"
viatrix_1115 wrote:

Like @Dntsy mentioned, Ancestral Call makes early game clearing a breeze, Melee Physical at 18 when you can 3 link it, Elemental Damage/Added Cold with the 4 link. Onslaught is a nice speed boost but not necessary in my opinion.

I also took out my Dual Strike set up at 28 when I had access to Blade Flurry and have been using that as my ST skill (still using Frost Blades to clear for now).
I'm trying this build to league start in Flashback event, I need to invest in my equip but feels pretty smooth and I don't get the last Ascendancy (duelist) or even good equip/jewels , I think it's really good but expensive to get good abyss jewels watcher's eye rings and amulet

I leave my equipment and if you want to give me some advice, go ahead
Gear
"
lucasrossi wrote:
I'm trying this build to league start in Flashback event, I need to invest in my equip but feels pretty smooth and I don't get the last Ascendancy (duelist) or even good equip/jewels , I think it's really good but expensive to get good abyss jewels watcher's eye rings and amulet

I leave my equipment and if you want to give me some advice, go ahead
Gear

Hey man, thanks for trying it out and liking it :)

You are actually completely on the right path with your gear, everything looks super fine to me.
Yes, good Rings etc. will cost a lot, but you don't need stuff that costs 3ex and more to do even Uber Elder.

For now, the biggest upgrade to your Character will be getting the Slayer Ascendancy. I actually don't recommend taking the Ranger Start so early, I recommend going Slayer->Raider->Ranger Start or Raider->Slayer->Ranger Start.
We really need Slayer, and this way we can get it early and all our Uber Lab gives us are some passive points.
I recommend you either Unspec out of the Ranger Start + the 1 passive Point Node before it (costs 5 Regret Orbs per Ascendancy Node) and then run Normal Lab again, at the end of which you can put those 2 Nodes you unspecced into Slayer.
OR you push for Uber Lab real fast via global 820 channel. Maybe ask others if they have the trials you need in their map.

If you decide to unspec the Ranger Start and take Slayer now, your tree should look like this after: www.poeurl.com/bUtl As you can see you loose 2 Skillpoints overall, but it's no big deal.
Your next points should go into Vaal Pact then, like this: www.poeurl.com/bUtm

If you take Slayer and Vaal Pact, you don't need a Life Flask anymore. Make getting an Atziri's Promise instead your goal, which will be a huge Boost to your damage and also some survivability.
Also, at this point you can Replace Melee Physical Damage with Damage on Full Life in your Helmet, and Added Fire with Damage on full Life in your Chest. You will always be on Full Life and this will be a lot more Damage.

Also consider corrupting your Touch of Anguish to 30% Quality with Beastcrafting, which will be a big DPS upgrade as well.

Lastly, a Cold Conversion Watcher's Eye usually goes for 3 to 4ex in a league, which is pretty affordable. It is only really expensive in Flashback.

Hope I could help :)
Guffin
Last edited by Guffinn on May 19, 2018, 7:08:05 AM
Just got through Cruel Lab this morning and having the Slayer node makes me feel so much more comfortable in HC Flashback. I switched out Frostblades for Wild Strike(plus Wild Strike is one of my favorite skills, haters be damned), clear speed goes down a bit but DPS goes UP which is a good thing for HC I think as it forces me to slow down.
Last edited by Savage16 on May 19, 2018, 7:30:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info