[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Reumert wrote:
How do you deal with stun?

I feel if the monsters hit me i get stun locked and cant using whirling blades out, and die

If you get stunned, something goes wrong. Lets say you have 5k HP, you need to get hit for 500 Damage from a single Hit for there to even BE any chance of getting stunned, and 2.5k for a guaranteed Stun.
There is absolutely no way this should ever happen in maps.

Literally the only place I ever get stunned is if I get hit by Shapers Balls during Uber Elder while not wearing Kaoms Roots.

While mapping, no Mob should be able to touch you anyways. Your Reave should kill them before they reach you and if they DO, your high Dodge Chance + 50% lower Accuracy on mobs thanks to Stibnite makes them practically never hit you.

Actually getting stuck in groups of mobs should not happen as well, as we have Phasing from our Quartz Flask.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 26, 2018, 8:21:12 PM
I know it sounds strange, but sometimes I feel like my reave doesn't hit the monsters even though im standing right in front of them. So I have to whirling blade 1 or 2 times or walk a bit like, move around and then I can hit them easily, like there is some obscetale in front of me but it happens even if im playing in an open map.. I know it sounds strange.. But that is my experience :D

I have 86% chance to hit with reave and blade flurry..
Mc Flurry Candies Flavour? Guess, you enjoy eating babys, too. One day Mc Flurry Oreo will take over the world and you won't be send in exile, but in hell.
Hey - glad to see the updates trickling in as we all wait around for the new league start :) Nice demonstration of survivability in that HC build Maze of the Minotaur vid.

Patch notes are out - no Harbinger option for Zana, so Tempest's Binding will be nigh-impossible (haven't seen anyone do "turn-in 100 Time-Lost Relic div card" posts, but I assume fragment-assembled items aren't part of it); stat-sticks appear to have escaped being nerfed.
Slightly extended duration on Frost Bomb, by the looks of it, and Vaal Impurity of Ice potentially fills a similar role.

A quick question from someone not used to melee builds - I assume it'll be much much cheaper to keep an eye on rare claws with a certain minimum dDPS in poe.trade rather than attempting to craft my own / pick up lower pDPS claws that can be master-crafted? Imperial/Gemini Claws the best bases to ID?
Last edited by Haasts on May 29, 2018, 11:05:26 PM
Here's something else I found interesting in the patch notes:

"
Hypothermia Support

Now causes supported skills to deal 20% more cold damage over time at gem level 1, up to 39% at gem level 20.
Now supports skills which deal damage over time.

I guess this will make finding proper shaped helmets more difficult, as I don't believe Reave counts as a damage over time. Unless of course I misunderstood the wording. Are there any other mods for the pseudo-5L helmet that could replace hypothermia, especially considering that Tempest's Binding won't be available? Or will we be reduced to only looking for Innervate?

Edit: I guess from the patch notes, it's not too clear whether these changes will replace the current effect of Hypothermia, or be added to it. In the latter case of course it shouldn't be an issue.
Last edited by Fthagen on May 30, 2018, 1:34:31 AM
"
Haasts wrote:
Spoiler
Hey - glad to see the updates trickling in as we all wait around for the new league start :) Nice demonstration of survivability in that HC build Maze of the Minotaur vid.

Patch notes are out - no Harbinger option for Zana, so Tempest's Binding will be nigh-impossible (haven't seen anyone do "turn-in 100 Time-Lost Relic div card" posts, but I assume fragment-assembled items aren't part of it); stat-sticks appear to have escaped being nerfed.
Slightly extended duration on Frost Bomb, by the looks of it, and Vaal Impurity of Ice potentially fills a similar role.

A quick question from someone not used to melee builds - I assume it'll be much much cheaper to keep an eye on rare claws with a certain minimum dDPS in poe.trade rather than attempting to craft my own / pick up lower pDPS claws that can be master-crafted? Imperial/Gemini Claws the best bases to ID?

Ty, hope it's a decent showcase of the survivability :)
Yeah: No Harbinger but we saw Horizon Orbs drop during the final Temple Run in one of the vids. Seems likely that Harbinger Orbs are also included, albeit rare, so TB is still possible.
That said, a normal Innervate/Hypothermia Helm is enough to clear T16s. If you want more Damage, you can grab a Horror Crafted one with Innervate/Hypothermia/%Crit to Attacks (like I said in the guide), which will probably result in more DPS than TB on a similar budget.

I'd suggest to buy Claws rather than craft. I sunk ~2k Alts into a Claw in Bestiary (which is not much by most crafters Standards) and never got anything good. Could be bad RNG, but crafting weapons is always a hassle.
Yes, Imperial/Gemini. Obviously you can get a base Claw with double T1 or T2 and then proceed from there. Depends on the price tho.

"
Fthagen wrote:
Here's something else I found interesting in the patch notes:

"
Spoiler
Hypothermia Support

Now causes supported skills to deal 20% more cold damage over time at gem level 1, up to 39% at gem level 20.
Now supports skills which deal damage over time.
Spoiler

I guess this will make finding proper shaped helmets more difficult, as I don't believe Reave counts as a damage over time. Unless of course I misunderstood the wording. Are there any other mods for the pseudo-5L helmet that could replace hypothermia, especially considering that Tempest's Binding won't be available? Or will we be reduced to only looking for Innervate?

Edit: I guess from the patch notes, it's not too clear whether these changes will replace the current effect of Hypothermia, or be added to it. In the latter case of course it shouldn't be an issue.

Ye, we don't know how it works yet. Refer to what I wrote above on the topic of Shaped Helmets tho :)

All in all 3.3 is a Buff for us, like for many builds.
Frostbomb gives more Cold Pen for a longer time, Impurity of Ice is huge since we are mostly Cold based and it can be used on bosses a few times hopefully, and the Vaal Skill changes free up a Gem Slot for everyone that's playing with Reave.

I will change the Tree Links/Pictures to be up2date, as well as redo the Gemlinks now.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 30, 2018, 5:48:11 PM
Hey :). I like the looks of this build and will probably make it my Incursion league starter. I have one question at start, when I was reading this last week or so you had a screenshot of 'what to do' while leveling it with Sunder till Blood Aqueducts. It was next to your comment about RaizQT guide about it but I can't find it anymore. It had some nice information I would like to check again before I test it tonight or tomorrow. Are you able to post it again?
"
Hey :). I like the looks of this build and will probably make it my Incursion league starter. I have one question at start, when I was reading this last week or so you had a screenshot of 'what to do' while leveling it with Sunder till Blood Aqueducts. It was next to your comment about RaizQT guide about it but I can't find it anymore. It had some nice information I would like to check again before I test it tonight or tomorrow. Are you able to post it again?

Thanks for trusting in this build :D

I believe this is the picture you are looking for:
Spoiler

I removed it because I think Raiz's Guide is more fit for our purposes, as he also levels as Ele Conversion Sunder.
That said, I still plan to make my own list of progression gems/uniques. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, but definitely before League Start.
"
"

Thanks for trusting in this build :D

I believe this is the picture you are looking for:
Spoiler

I removed it because I think Raiz's Guide is more fit for our purposes, as he also levels as Ele Conversion Sunder.
That said, I still plan to make my own list of progression gems/uniques. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, but definitely before League Start.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot. I'll have some fun with it tonight and tomorrow to try to reach Acqueducts fast and then I'll have some further questions about the build it self for mapping and further.
Last edited by SolloPoE on May 30, 2018, 6:17:23 PM
Can't decide between this and Elementalist BV.

I love the guide though, thanks!
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info