[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Mtntech wrote:
planning on running this build in delve if nothing changes much to the skills involved, is this build viable to hit level 100 with? death ratio not very high? never hit 100 but my RF jugg in incursion got to 96 before i gave up on it because the dps didnt seem high enough for bosses(killed shaper deathless but uber elder not so much) lol i just need a tanky build with high dps and this seems like the one

Yo, ty for the interest :)

Sure it's viable to hit 100 with, I plan to do the same in Standard one day (can't/don't wanna play leagues anymore).
You blow shit up with a range that covers the whole Screen, got some nice Dodge and defensives Flasks, Overleech is simply insane, same for LGoH. Oneshots get countered by ~7k HP while mapping pretty easily, bit over 8k in HC gear.

Gotta wait for the patchnotes tho. If they butcher Shaped Statsticks, you gotta go Moonbenders Wing. If they butcher Statsticks/Dual Wielding in general: Lycosidae. If BF/Reave gets nerfed into the ground: gotta play the ST variant (which would be pretty top tier at that point).

seems like you have everything planned out (; well if things do change ill still be trying the build out, looks like a lot of fun :D ill be sure to post gear and progression here during delve if you are going to keep the guide up to date :P
I took your build for a spin through Incursion after not playing Path for quite a while. Lots of new content for me to catch up on.. got it up to lvl 76 now and having a hard time at the start of maps, but that is entirely on account of my building it a bit backwards and taking the wrong pathing in Ascendancy.

What is good though is to get familiar with this build as I will absolutely be taking it through Delve (again, assuming that it stays strong and doesn't get the nerfbat at all)

The playstyle does take some getting used to (leap slamming everywhere) and I find that its taking me a bit to understand where to slam into and when to slam out.

Do you have any suggestions for Chaos damage mitigation at high level? I got absolutely wrecked in a couple of incursions with chaos projectiles (practically one shot if you stand still for 1 second)

Other than that, I cannot deny that its a damn fun build and when you get your crit and attack speeds up it is a "blast".

Also thanks for mentioning the sunder leveling guide.. I definitely felt like it was one of, if not the smoothest leveling experiences I've had in this game to date.. using pretty crap gear I was still able to obtain over 12k sunder damage with a 5link and with enough attack speed you can clear content easily till act 9-10 before you have to start worrying a bit more about your evasion/armor/life

Anyway, appreciate your involvement with this build as well, i've been studying it like crazy over the past month and its not only helped me with leveling as I mentioned, but also helped me get back into this game with relative ease, so thank you for that!
"
Mtntech wrote:
seems like you have everything planned out (; well if things do change ill still be trying the build out, looks like a lot of fun :D ill be sure to post gear and progression here during delve if you are going to keep the guide up to date :P

Haha, I plan to keep everything up2date :)

This is the most smooth, well rounded and versatile character that I've ever played. While other playstyles or building around certain Trash Uniques can be fun (got a Hopeshredder RoA Build going right now), I will always return to this one.
It would sadden me if it gets nerfed into the ground. Obviously Shaped Statsticks and Dual Wielding in general need a nerf, but I fear GGGs "scorched earth" policy when it comes to that. Moderate Nerfs rarely happen, they mostly completly stomp something.
That's why I theorycrafted some options to fall back on, and the Spectral Throw one seems generally safe. Would be slightly slower Clearspeed, but that's fine. ST still preforms great.

"
Denezen wrote:
Spoiler
I took your build for a spin through Incursion after not playing Path for quite a while. Lots of new content for me to catch up on.. got it up to lvl 76 now and having a hard time at the start of maps, but that is entirely on account of my building it a bit backwards and taking the wrong pathing in Ascendancy.

What is good though is to get familiar with this build as I will absolutely be taking it through Delve (again, assuming that it stays strong and doesn't get the nerfbat at all)

The playstyle does take some getting used to (leap slamming everywhere) and I find that its taking me a bit to understand where to slam into and when to slam out.

Do you have any suggestions for Chaos damage mitigation at high level? I got absolutely wrecked in a couple of incursions with chaos projectiles (practically one shot if you stand still for 1 second)

Other than that, I cannot deny that its a damn fun build and when you get your crit and attack speeds up it is a "blast".

Also thanks for mentioning the sunder leveling guide.. I definitely felt like it was one of, if not the smoothest leveling experiences I've had in this game to date.. using pretty crap gear I was still able to obtain over 12k sunder damage with a 5link and with enough attack speed you can clear content easily till act 9-10 before you have to start worrying a bit more about your evasion/armor/life

Anyway, appreciate your involvement with this build as well, i've been studying it like crazy over the past month and its not only helped me with leveling as I mentioned, but also helped me get back into this game with relative ease, so thank you for that!

Hey man, big thanks for the "review" and nice words!

Some people had problems with levelling, and it's cool to see someone that actually follows the levelling Guide etc. :) Glad to hear you had a smooth experience there.

Regarding Chaos Damage: 95% of Builds have -60 or -25% Chaos Res (with Atziris Promis). It's just not commonly encountered, and harder to Build around. Really Atziris Promise and maybe a good Amethyst Ring are your only Options.
That said, Chaos Spitters in Incursions have been wrecking people left and right. It's mostly a problem of them precharging their shots and people running right into it. I recommend spending your Grace Period of ~7 seconds when you enter to look if there are spitters close, and whenever you leave that period immediately dash in one direction for a bit. Also, instantly activate your Flasks.
With full Acrobatics, a Quartz Flask and Atziris Promise you can take some hits, but obviously not 20 spitters at once.

Regarding Leap Slam: I personally don't like it for this Character. I recommend you try out whirling Blades for a bit, it feels better to me and may be easier to get used to.

Regarding any other Help: I sadly can't see your characters so I can't give you any recommendations. If you want your characters to stay private, maybe post your Gear and a link to your passive tree if you think you need help.

Hope I could help you a bit, and that you continue to enjoy your journey :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 15, 2018, 7:39:47 PM
Hi, I will be trying out this build in delve league, but want to try out the reave skill using my deadeye spectral throw character for the moment.

One thing I wanna ask is does rocks/doors block the skill? because i'm having a nightmare farming lair with spectral throw and whirling blade getting blocked by the tiniest obstacle even though it's my favorite map

I'm trying to use my chest with spectral throw as single target and try out reave in my helm. As I don't think damage on full life would work for me, would you suggest a 4th link, would maim/ruthless work?

Edit: I got a cheap helm with innervate and increased aoe and the skill works fine against small obstacles, dmg is decent even at low level since I have good gear. Only need to adapt to multistrike since I can't move if I spam the skill too much.
Last edited by elfril on Aug 16, 2018, 3:39:50 AM
"
elfril wrote:
Hi, I will be trying out this build in delve league, but want to try out the reave skill using my deadeye spectral throw character for the moment.

One thing I wanna ask is does rocks/doors block the skill? because i'm having a nightmare farming lair with spectral throw and whirling blade getting blocked by the tiniest obstacle even though it's my favorite map

I'm trying to use my chest with spectral throw as single target and try out reave in my helm. As I don't think damage on full life would work for me, would you suggest a 4th link, would maim/ruthless work?

Edit: I got a cheap helm with innervate and increased aoe and the skill works fine against small obstacles, dmg is decent even at low level since I have good gear. Only need to adapt to multistrike since I can't move if I spam the skill too much.

Ty for the interest :)

I see you have everything tested out already. That said:
Solid doors and Pillars block Reave (like everything). Small rocks, plants etc. not (as opposed to e.g. Lightning strike). Reave can even climb up some hills etc.

Ye, DoFL won't really work for you. Ruthless is fine, but PoB shows me a 20/20 Added Cold as a better all around Link for you. Will also be more consistent/frontloaded.

Personally I think Reave doesn't lock you down at all, at least not with enough Attack Speed. It's actually super fast.

Btw, a seperate 20/20 Bloodrage will allow way more Attack Speed than the one in your cwdt Setup. A low lvl cwdt BR is cool for refreshing BR duration passively tho during Bossfights. But for mapping I don't see any reason to not have a 20/20.

Also, have you considered moving HoI into a 4link with Onslaught? Would mean even more Attack Speed for mapping. Gotta lose Blood Magic or Fortify tho I guess.

Hope you gonna give the Build a shot for Delve :)
"
Guffinn wrote:

Ty for the interest :)

I see you have everything tested out already. That said:
Solid doors and Pillars block Reave (like everything). Small rocks, plants etc. not (as opposed to e.g. Lightning strike). Reave can even climb up some hills etc.

Ye, DoFL won't really work for you. Ruthless is fine, but PoB shows me a 20/20 Added Cold as a better all around Link for you. Will also be more consistent/frontloaded.

Personally I think Reave doesn't lock you down at all, at least not with enough Attack Speed. It's actually super fast.

Btw, a seperate 20/20 Bloodrage will allow way more Attack Speed than the one in your cwdt Setup. A low lvl cwdt BR is cool for refreshing BR duration passively tho during Bossfights. But for mapping I don't see any reason to not have a 20/20.

Also, have you considered moving HoI into a 4link with Onslaught? Would mean even more Attack Speed for mapping. Gotta lose Blood Magic or Fortify tho I guess.

Hope you gonna give the Build a shot for Delve :)

Ahh you're right since my build scales with flat cold dmg massively. And yea I guess i'll have to try out how the skill feels with ur build that has more attack speed :D, right now there's a split second where I have to wait for reave to finish before being able to whirling blades.

As for a seperate blood rage, i'm just lazy to pop it every now and then, that's why I threw away my ice golem too.

I'm curious what's the better stat to scale for this build though, flat ele or physical dmg? And also since it's full cold conversion, do you prioritize cold damage over other elements?

One last thing, I watched the HC mapping video where you stood in a pack of mobs, is that regen the overleech from previous mobs killed?

Thank u!
"
elfril wrote:
I'm curious what's the better stat to scale for this build though, flat ele or physical dmg? And also since it's full cold conversion, do you prioritize cold damage over other elements?

One last thing, I watched the HC mapping video where you stood in a pack of mobs, is that regen the overleech from previous mobs killed?

Thank u!

Flat physical. By faaaaar better than flat ele. There is a stat Priority in the Progression Gear segment, albeit a rough one.
Yeah, any increases to cold damage or Pen are generally nicer than fire etc. But e.g. Inc Cold damage on a ring is not worth looking for, theres better stuff for the Money. Like a flat Phys, WED, Life, Accuracy Ring.

Ye, that's simply Overleech, often amplified by an arakaali proc. And that's without Vitality Void or a Life Recovery Elder Belt, which would make it even better.
"

"
Denezen wrote:
Spoiler

Hey man, big thanks for the "review" and nice words!

Some people had problems with levelling, and it's cool to see someone that actually follows the levelling Guide etc. :) Glad to hear you had a smooth experience there.

Regarding Chaos Damage: 95% of Builds have -60 or -25% Chaos Res (with Atziris Promis). It's just not commonly encountered, and harder to Build around. Really Atziris Promise and maybe a good Amethyst Ring are your only Options.
That said, Chaos Spitters in Incursions have been wrecking people left and right. It's mostly a problem of them precharging their shots and people running right into it. I recommend spending your Grace Period of ~7 seconds when you enter to look if there are spitters close, and whenever you leave that period immediately dash in one direction for a bit. Also, instantly activate your Flasks.
With full Acrobatics, a Quartz Flask and Atziris Promise you can take some hits, but obviously not 20 spitters at once.

Regarding Leap Slam: I personally don't like it for this Character. I recommend you try out whirling Blades for a bit, it feels better to me and may be easier to get used to.

Regarding any other Help: I sadly can't see your characters so I can't give you any recommendations. If you want your characters to stay private, maybe post your Gear and a link to your passive tree if you think you need help.

Hope I could help you a bit, and that you continue to enjoy your journey :)

Thank you for the tips!

Here is my gear currently (Level 80 now). Feels pretty strong but my life is still low at only 3700 so I have to be careful with flasking currently, but definitely find that Slayer helps keep life up more often than not. I still need to use life flasks as some bosses I can't leach enough from.

Appreciate any feedback.. I'm not too concerned for the remainder of this league since its almost up, but would always appreciate any further suggestions/pointers for upcoming league.

Thank you!

"

Can we path to foil and use Cyclone as trash clear?
The freedom of birds is an insult to me. I'd have them all in zoos.
"
Denezen wrote:
Thank you for the tips!

Here is my gear currently (Level 80 now). Feels pretty strong but my life is still low at only 3700 so I have to be careful with flasking currently, but definitely find that Slayer helps keep life up more often than not. I still need to use life flasks as some bosses I can't leach enough from.

Appreciate any feedback.. I'm not too concerned for the remainder of this league since its almost up, but would always appreciate any further suggestions/pointers for upcoming league.

Thank you!

Spoiler
"

Oh lord, sorry! Completely missed your reply here.

Leech gets stronger the more max Life you have, so there's that. At 5k Life you leech significantly more.
Also, the 2nd Layer of Life Gain for this Build is Claws with LGoH, which is very impactful as well. So as soon as you transition into that, you will notice another kind of sustain.

As for your gear: I notice you don't use a reave Setup yet. The Pseudolink Helmets for Reave are incredibly cheap these days, so I would grab one.
Obviously a Wasp Nest would be nice for a Starter.
Generally around Level 80 is a nice time to go through the Progresasion Gear Segment :P Good rares from the trade links (which I will refine even more for 3.4, regardless of patch notes) will be very cheap.

"
bimbobaggings wrote:
Can we path to foil and use Cyclone as trash clear?

Yes. It clears way slower than Reave tho, and is way less safe. But if you like it, sure give it a shot. Just don't be surprised if it's bad-ish :P
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 27, 2018, 10:44:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info