[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
myrahzz wrote:
What a sh*t show, power charges included on PoB yet 0 ways to gain them...

How is that a Shit Show? 100% uptime while mapping, xcept in Hexproof Maps obviously, and most importantly 100% uptime on Bosses as well.
You have Ralakeshs to generate all Charges before a Fight, and use Jaws of Agony in a weaponswap to keep em Up in Transition Phases/Animations. All Bosses get pushed into the next Phase in 1 PC duration easily. I Sometimes dont bother with it tho, absolutely no need to go full DPS when you already have that much.

Also, I dont Advertise this thread with "585858484 Million Shaper DPS!!!!" in the title and I think my PoBs are pretty realistic even tho they are not the Focus of the guide. All League gear, not even close to mirror worthy, and the settings are true AFAIK.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 3, 2018, 4:12:11 PM
League started this in Flashback. Just hit 74 but having trouble with some survivability and bosses (merciless Izaro still killing me). Just picked up Soul Raker, and after testing on one map, feels like a HUGE boost... I wonder if it maybe a good idea to squeeze it in earlier if you switch to claws away from sunder earlier. Looking forward to testing it more later. Thanks for the great guide!
"
Perce79 wrote:
League started this in Flashback. Just hit 74 but having trouble with some survivability and bosses (merciless Izaro still killing me). Just picked up Soul Raker, and after testing on one map, feels like a HUGE boost... I wonder if it maybe a good idea to squeeze it in earlier if you switch to claws away from sunder earlier. Looking forward to testing it more later. Thanks for the great guide!

From my experience levelling with Sunder to maps (including Merc Lab and BA farming) has been very smooth, but like I say in the levelling Guide: if you actually GOT good Claws (Ornament of the East into Wasp Nest) it makes Sense to go for the Claw Nodes earlier. Also from my experience, I didn't have them when I reached BA tho. Never played Flashbacks, so maybe theyre easier to get there.

That said, cool that it works out for you so far :) Being able to adapt on the go is always a great thing.

Think 3.5k Life is plenty for Merc Izaro (might be wrong tho, has been a while), but maybe go for the Scion Life Wheel/level a bit if you feel to squishy.
Also, Twin Terrors over Fangs of Frost might be worth it. Damage is about the same, and more reliable Crits simply feel great.

Are you currently clearing with BF? If so, you should replace conc effect and ele focus with inc aoe and inc crit strikes until you get your Reave Setup going. Otherwise you won't freeze/shatter, and the BF clear is pretty slow with conc on.

Thanks for the compliment btw :) Always hope to improve the Guide as much as possible, so Feedback is valuable most of the time :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 4, 2018, 8:08:36 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:

From my experience levelling with Sunder to maps (including Merc Lab and BA farming) has been very smooth, but like I say in the levelling Guide: if you actually GOT good Claws (Ornament of the East into Wasp Nest) it makes Sense to go for the Claw Nodes earlier. Also from my experience, I didn't have them when I reached BA tho. Never played Flashbacks, so maybe theyre easier to get there.

That said, cool that it works out for you so far :) Being able to adapt on the go is always a great thing.

Think 3.5k Life is plenty for Merc Izaro (might be wrong tho, has been a while), but maybe go for the Scion Life Wheel/level a bit if you feel to squishy.
Also, Twin Terrors over Fangs of Frost might be worth it. Damage is about the same, and more reliable Crits simply feel great.

Are you currently clearing with BF? If so, you should replace conc effect and ele focus with inc aoe and inc crit strikes until you get your Reave Setup going. Otherwise you won't freeze/shatter, and the BF clear is pretty slow with conc on.

Thanks for the compliment btw :) Always hope to improve the Guide as much as possible, so Feedback is valuable most of the time :)

Yeah not sure whats up with Merc Izaro - did him with less in Incursion on the slayer/cyclone guy. Meh. Who knows.
No i'm clearing with Reave/inc AOE/crit/multistrike/melee phys/ele dmg until I get the gloves properly socketed (shoudl be shortly).

EDIT: Flashback is like doing constant rare maps w/ sextants - there are a LOT more magic/rare mobs.
Last edited by Perce79 on Aug 4, 2018, 8:40:43 PM
Update: Switched the support gem over to dmg on full life now that i have better leach. Also listened to you and switched fangs of frost to twin terrors (giving me an xtra life node as well). Tried it on a map, and it felt good. The boss dropped both flesheater and ToA... so I felt like it was telling me something. Switched TWN to ToA and I feel like it makes a big DPS difference, despite being a bit slower (its certainly higher on the tooltip too). Easily did Merc Izaro now... looks like its turning the corner!
BTW your reddit thread got me to look at this build, good job on that too.
Hi there I'm using this as my starter and liking it so far. Had some damage issues early into mapping but seem to have gotten better. I am wondering what a good goal for accuracy is? 90% 92? I ask cuz mines low at 85 and am not sure what to shoot for. Thanks for the help and awesome build

"
Mirage__ wrote:
Hi there I'm using this as my starter and liking it so far. Had some damage issues early into mapping but seem to have gotten better. I am wondering what a good goal for accuracy is? 90% 92? I ask cuz mines low at 85 and am not sure what to shoot for. Thanks for the help and awesome build

Yo man, thanks for trying the Build out :)

I mean, look at it this way: your Accuracy is good, as long as you feel that it's good. That said, I personally am happy with 90%. In early mapping I hover around 87% or so as well, that lasts until I get 2 Rings/one Ring+Amulet with decent Accuracy Rolls.

Pretty cool gear so far btw, that's a nutty Helmet for so early in the Race. Rings and Amulet could obviously be better, but it can be hard to find a good one in the first few days. Just check the Trade Links every few hours, some insanely good deals pop up from time to time.

As for your Tree, I recommend going for Twin Terrors instead of Fangs of Frost. Basically the same Damage, but more reliable Crit always feels awesome. And it saves you a point.
Also, going from Forces of Nature to Revenge of the Hunted saves you one passive Point (unspeccing that 1 Dex Node).

Lastly, a Quartz and Stibnite will offer a significant Defensive Boost. Probably gonna have them from levelling, or at least some from mapping.

Anyways, looks like you are on completely the right path :) Keep me updated if you want, I'm always curious to hear how it's going.

Btw, for anyone with some funds. Might of the Meek go for 30c right now on Flashback SC, and 3 of these beat any 3 rare Jewels you could get for 90c. It's the recommended Tree for a reason, but I obviously don't know how you guys are looking financially right now :P
Hello Guffin! I've made it to lvl 80 using your build but I feel like I'm lacking damage. Please check my character. I just got merciless lab done. The characters name is "FastFlurry" and is in the flashback league.

Thank you!

"
h0rsten wrote:
Hello Guffin! I've made it to lvl 80 using your build but I feel like I'm lacking damage. Please check my character. I just got merciless lab done. The characters name is "FastFlurry" and is in the flashback league.

Thank you!

Yo mate.

Your Gear honestly looks okay, the Helmet is pretty sick, Belt and Amulet are okay. The Rings are both pretty weak, but I think that is simply thanks to the race being so fresh. Uniques are all in Order, same for Gemlinks. You don't need Onslaught Support on HoI tho, you get Onslaught from the Raider Ascendancy. It doesn't show in the Buff Bar, but you have it.
You don't need a Mana Flask if you have Soul Raker btw.

The biggest Hit on your Damage would simply be Skillpoints. Uber Lab would give you a ton of Points to spend, and you are still missing the Crit/Multi Nodes. And the Claw Nodes (of Pride) are insane as well.

Everything else looks good tbh.
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Mirage__ wrote:

Yo man, thanks for trying the Build out :)

I mean, look at it this way: your Accuracy is good, as long as you feel that it's good. That said, I personally am happy with 90%. In early mapping I hover around 87% or so as well, that lasts until I get 2 Rings/one Ring+Amulet with decent Accuracy Rolls.

Pretty cool gear so far btw, that's a nutty Helmet for so early in the Race. Rings and Amulet could obviously be better, but it can be hard to find a good one in the first few days. Just check the Trade Links every few hours, some insanely good deals pop up from time to time.

As for your Tree, I recommend going for Twin Terrors instead of Fangs of Frost. Basically the same Damage, but more reliable Crit always feels awesome. And it saves you a point.
Also, going from Forces of Nature to Revenge of the Hunted saves you one passive Point (unspeccing that 1 Dex Node).

Lastly, a Quartz and Stibnite will offer a significant Defensive Boost. Probably gonna have them from levelling, or at least some from mapping.

Anyways, looks like you are on completely the right path :) Keep me updated if you want, I'm always curious to hear how it's going.

Btw, for anyone with some funds. Might of the Meek go for 30c right now on Flashback SC, and 3 of these beat any 3 rare Jewels you could get for 90c. It's the recommended Tree for a reason, but I obviously don't know how you guys are looking financially right now :P

Hey thanks for the reply. I like that you are involved with the people using your build. Sadly I read your post after some gear upgrades which still leaves me at 85% acc. I was dumb and probably would have gotten some more acc on my other ring. Thanks for the tip on swapping to twin terrors it feels alot better. The defence flasks are what I usually use and you may have looked at my char when I was using dmg/speed ones for low level mapping.

I also respecced my two jewel slots for the might of the meek ones and boy did it improve my dps. I didnt do the 3rd yet because I get better dmg from Aspect of the panther/lynx pathing.
I am thinking about respeccing them tho to grab another might of the meek and my jewel slots back. I am not good at pob so I am not really sure what to do yet.

I do have something that I wasnt sure on and I suck at pob. Would a hypothermia/inc aoe be better than my innervate/inv aoe?

All in all this is a great build that will def take me to 95. I also love that you are involved. Keep up the good work and thank you for your help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info