[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
ssspring wrote:
Bros, I have been following the build, so far so good, but could not complete the full trials for the Eternal Labyrinth. I am still missing Trial of Swirling Fear & Trial of Lingering Pain, noted that it is randomly found in the map but is there any specific map which have higher chance to find these trials?

I am just playing map T1-T9 though, was thinking to complete the Ascendancy before moving on red map, I am at level 88 now.

Thanks,

Yo mate, thanks for checking back with us :)

Sadly Trials are 100% random. They have an equal Chance to appear in every Map, and you might even get the same one a few times in a row AFAIK.
I have 2 Tips for you:
Buy the Dream Trial Prophecy here: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/vyBDtE
When this procs, it will force a Trial to appear in your map. Still might not be the one you need, but you can force them like that. Just gotta pop one before every map probably. Maybe you can reseal them and reuse if you don't enter the Trial, not sure about that.
OR, go to your Chat and type in "/global 820" without the ". This will take you to the "free sharing" channel, where kind Players give away things for free. That includes Trials. So you just gotta lurk around and wait for someone to say "Got Swirling Fear up, 5 Portals Left" or something, whisper him and get in. At this point in the League, 820 becomes a bit less active tho and people don't share Trials as much anymore.

Btw, I still don't recommend Divination Distillate. It's pretty wasted, since it's only active as long as it's actually giving you Mana. And that won't be for long.
Also, Quality on a Forbidden Taste is actually a Downside. It just makes the Degen last longer, the health you recover stays the same.
Witchfire Brew is ok, but a Diamond Flask would be heaps better. Especially with some Immunity on it.
I also don't recommend using Loreweave, as explained in the FAQ. That said, if you use it maybe try to divine it to 80% max res to get the most out of the defensives it offers. Yours is very well rolled on the DPS side of things, but that is kinda overkill.
Even if you decide against that, try to colour it for the right colours :P 1 Green, 2 Blue, 3 Red.
In the end tho, play as you like to as long as it works out :)

Hope I could help you out on the Uber Lab misery, maybe one of the ways works for you :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 27, 2018, 9:18:42 PM
Thanks Guffinn for the kind advise, I will look into it again later, at work now :p
I play on standard and have around 40ex to put into a build, would this be a good fit for trying to hit high 90's maybe even 100? End goal being just bossing and general map clear with a headhunter.
"
I play on standard and have around 40ex to put into a build, would this be a good fit for trying to hit high 90's maybe even 100? End goal being just bossing and general map clear with a headhunter.

Both my Characters in Bestiary and now in Incursion were geared for less than that, and some stuff was way overkill. The Incursion one was quite a bit cheaper actually and I reached 97 without a problem and will try to go for 100 on Standard later.
That said, I don't have any Idea about the Economy on Standrad. Maybe some stuff is significantly cheaper or more expensive than in League, no idea.

Your best bet would be to go through some of the Trade Links for the Gear and switch it to Standard.

For a push to 100 with fast and safe mapping + great bossing capabilities, this is definitely an awesome Build tho. So if you like the playstyle and got the funds, have fun levelling :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 28, 2018, 1:49:02 PM

Hey. Thank you very much for a great guide.

I have only one problem. How to disconnect the branch of the tree of passive skills. So how do you present it in the placed trees?
Spoiler
"
szulcuu wrote:

I have only one problem. How to disconnect the branch of the tree of passive skills. So how do you present it in the placed trees?

You need Uber lab done and tree connected to ranger starting point. Guffin explined it few posts above:)
Hi, I really liked your build so I decided to give it a try.
All was good and smooth until I reached tier 15 maps, where I just can't kill the boss or I get one shoot by a random mob.

Could you check my profile to see what is the part that I'm missing the character is GetMoreFarm.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ignaxico12/characters
The gear is my bossing one, for maps I swap to a rare helmet with reave and Vectors.

Thanks in advance and good job on this really cool guide.
"
ignaxico12 wrote:
Hi, I really liked your build so I decided to give it a try.
All was good and smooth until I reached tier 15 maps, where I just can't kill the boss or I get one shoot by a random mob.

Could you check my profile to see what is the part that I'm missing the character is GetMoreFarm.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ignaxico12/characters
The gear is my bossing one, for maps I swap to a rare helmet with reave and Vectors.

Thanks in advance and good job on this really cool guide.

Yo mate, ty for the compliment :)

Don't have much time right now, so I can't look indepth.
Your Gems are not levelled, you use IceBite instead of Ele Focus which is terribly weak compared, the Claw is pretty bad-ish (no Crit) but should be enough, Skull Gyre is a bad Ring without WED on it. And importantly you are pretty low level still and have a lot of Stuff to fill out on the Tree. You need Vaalpact, The Crit Nodes, maybe 1 Frenzy.

That said, the rest of your Gear looks cool tbh. You are on the right way, and T15s on a 83 Character is pretty nice progress usually :P

"
Mewerath wrote:
Spoiler
"
szulcuu wrote:

You need Uber lab done and tree connected to ranger starting point. Guffin explined it few posts above:)

Yep, Mewerath is obviously correct. And I've added that Info to the Ascendancy Part a Day ago as well :)

Btw dude, I see you are playing ST now? Give the ST Version I explained in the second post a shot, if you like the playstyle :P Or tell me how it feels if you got the time, it's only like 10 Regrets and you got the Lycosidae already. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, and probably won't till I'm on Standard.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jul 29, 2018, 3:24:31 PM
I already did, cleared all content except uber elder with your ST and it was pretty nice but i was lacking a lot of damage becouse of not lvled gems. Also my AS was pretty low, i respec it back becouse i wanted to do some clean uber elder runs but i will try it again for sure now with lvled gems from my pathfinder. I made him mostly to use my ele weakness gloves. They work pretty sick with ele ST. Also i made that tripple herald BV elementalist but for now nothing is comparable to your scion. The strongest and most fun to play char i'v played:D The fast playstyle is (for me) huge + becouse you don't get bored quickly. Also i actually like that it can expensive becouse you always have a new goal if you know what i mean. I know that i could make him better but it's already super easy to clear whole content :D
Had a blast playing your take on Reave // BF this league. Here is my gear :) Didn't quite get all the gear I wanted but pretty happy with this lot, let me clear all content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info