[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Mirage__ wrote:

Hey thanks for the reply. I like that you are involved with the people using your build. Sadly I read your post after some gear upgrades which still leaves me at 85% acc. I was dumb and probably would have gotten some more acc on my other ring. Thanks for the tip on swapping to twin terrors it feels alot better. The defence flasks are what I usually use and you may have looked at my char when I was using dmg/speed ones for low level mapping.

I also respecced my two jewel slots for the might of the meek ones and boy did it improve my dps. I didnt do the 3rd yet because I get better dmg from Aspect of the panther/lynx pathing.
I am thinking about respeccing them tho to grab another might of the meek and my jewel slots back. I am not good at pob so I am not really sure what to do yet.

I do have something that I wasnt sure on and I suck at pob. Would a hypothermia/inc aoe be better than my innervate/inv aoe?

All in all this is a great build that will def take me to 95. I also love that you are involved. Keep up the good work and thank you for your help.

Thanks for the kind words :)

I recommend switching your tree to this: https://pastebin.com/G7zmf5yE (PoB import)
Significantly more Life, some more Damage.

As for the Rest of your Gear, look into upgrading your Rings. The Amulet and Belt + Abyss Jewels are fine, but on your Rings you should be able to get 2 offensives properties easily. Phys to Attacks/%inc Ele Damage/Accuracy. Any 2 of those basically.
Like these: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion%20Event%20(IRE001)/9Je8M4CK Just an example tho, always compare options in PoB. (Click the "copy Item" Button down left, go to PoB, "Create Custom" in Items, and paste there).

Hypo technically does quite a lot more Damage than Innervate, but only on the second hit. The damage boost from Hypo only applies once the enemy is chilled. So an extreme example would be: 1 shot Pack X with Innervate, 2 shot it with Hypo. 3 Shot Pack Y with Innervate, 2 Shot it with Hypo.
Innervate offers decent shocks on Trash tho, so PoB Numbers aren't to be 100% trusted.
I prefer Innervate personally, but thats down for everyone to decide on their own.

Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 7, 2018, 10:53:22 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply. Ill make test out the changes tonight
Hi, I'm wondering if this build would work with Varunastra? (either one hand or dual wield)
"
tkensei wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering if this build would work with Varunastra? (either one hand or dual wield)

Yo, obviously it would work, why not :P
You would still go Dual Wield with a Statstick.

Varunastra will perform worse in every Regard tho. Even a perfectly rolled one looses to an okay-ish claw in terms of pure Damage.
Most importantly tho, it will feel significantly worse. It will have much slower Attackspeed, which makes mapping a pain and lenghtens the time to reach 6 stacks with BF, and the Crit Chance leaves a lot to be desired as well.

That said, if you wanna play with Varunastra because it's a fun item: go for it :D
I myself am doing a Hopeshredder Ascendant Build right now, and let me tell you: just going The Tempest would be a bit more DPS without any of the Downsides, and going Phys to Cold conversion Bows would straight up be better in every regard. But playing around with interesting Items is a decent part of the appeal of this game.

If you wanna go Varunastra, the whole Deadly Dilletante Cluster and Fatal Blade (lower arm of the Sword Cluster) are your best new Nodes to get.
Oh, I see thanks for your reply :-)
Currently playing this in the race (name AJKSHDASNDKNASA).

I didn't level with sunder, because I am tired of it tbh, so I leveled with whatever claws I could find and lightning strike.

It wasn't pleasant, I'll tell you that. Anyway, I am lvl 67 now (no time to play though) and I just bought thunderfists and a 5l. Flurry destroys single target, and Reave is not half bad.

Will continue with it and see where it goes.

"
KatKira wrote:
Currently playing this in the race (name AJKSHDASNDKNASA).

I didn't level with sunder, because I am tired of it tbh, so I leveled with whatever claws I could find and lightning strike.

It wasn't pleasant, I'll tell you that. Anyway, I am lvl 67 now (no time to play though) and I just bought thunderfists and a 5l. Flurry destroys single target, and Reave is not half bad.

Will continue with it and see where it goes.

Hey mate, cool of you to give it a shot :)

Ye, that's why I recommend Sunder: it scales so well from so early on, with pretty random Gear. It's just a solid all around experience and is worth levelling with for many Builds.
That said, I get that at one point you just had enough of it :D

Just one thing: the Innervate/Hypo + Inc AoE Helmets on Flashback are currently pretty cheap: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion%20Event%20(IRE001)/XM4okRCP. A Helmet without INC AoE is obviously even less. So it might've been worth it to go with that over Thunderfist, and use a Tombfist with a Murderous Eye + Leather Belt with WED already.
Thunderfist is usually only cheaper the firt few days of a League, that's why I say in the Guide to always compare the prices.

Other than that, keep on Grinding Levels and Uberlab, and stuff will work out :)
New Jewellry etc. will come later. Just look into replacing that Carnage Heart and fixing up some Flasks. Mana Flasks are not needed, and Carnage Heart is vastly overrated for levelling/early maps. You get enough Leech anyways, and the 50% inc Leech per Second is not important enough to not get a rare Amulet that offers way more Life, at least the same res, and most importantly some offensive value.

Keep on going man, hope you find the time to play a bit and enjoy it :)
planning on running this build in delve if nothing changes much to the skills involved, is this build viable to hit level 100 with? death ratio not very high? never hit 100 but my RF jugg in incursion got to 96 before i gave up on it because the dps didnt seem high enough for bosses(killed shaper deathless but uber elder not so much) lol i just need a tanky build with high dps and this seems like the one
"
Mtntech wrote:
planning on running this build in delve if nothing changes much to the skills involved, is this build viable to hit level 100 with? death ratio not very high? never hit 100 but my RF jugg in incursion got to 96 before i gave up on it because the dps didnt seem high enough for bosses(killed shaper deathless but uber elder not so much) lol i just need a tanky build with high dps and this seems like the one

Yo, ty for the interest :)

Sure it's viable to hit 100 with, I plan to do the same in Standard one day (can't/don't wanna play leagues anymore).
You blow shit up with a range that covers the whole Screen, got some nice Dodge and defensives Flasks, Overleech is simply insane, same for LGoH. Oneshots get countered by ~7k HP while mapping pretty easily, bit over 8k in HC gear.

Gotta wait for the patchnotes tho. If they butcher Shaped Statsticks, you gotta go Moonbenders Wing. If they butcher Statsticks/Dual Wielding in general: Lycosidae. If BF/Reave gets nerfed into the ground: gotta play the ST variant (which would be pretty top tier at that point).
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 12, 2018, 8:55:59 PM

coool
what a good guide, thanks for the work
you think it will work for the next league ??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info