[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

I'm kind of glad Flashback ended and I can try this guy in standard. I felt like I got overwhelmed way too often in crazy red tier maps that had the standard array of rare mods PLUS beyond/perandus/etc. Perhaps it was me playing too fast and not "keeping things in front" because I was so used to my 2h Raider/Slayer Cyclone. But anyway, the same maps sans Flashback mods feel wayyyy less rippy in Standard.

EDIT: What's funny is I'm just using a rare chest in Standard. In Incursion Flashback i had a Belly and i STILL felt more rippy. The only other change i made was to move the 3 points from twin terrors to make the tree path through aspect of the panther for some extra defense
Last edited by Perce79 on Aug 28, 2018, 4:13:10 PM
"
Perce79 wrote:
I'm kind of glad Flashback ended and I can try this guy in standard. I felt like I got overwhelmed way too often in crazy red tier maps that had the standard array of rare mods PLUS beyond/perandus/etc. Perhaps it was me playing too fast and not "keeping things in front" because I was so used to my 2h Raider/Slayer Cyclone. But anyway, the same maps sans Flashback mods feel wayyyy less rippy in Standard.

EDIT: What's funny is I'm just using a rare chest in Standard. In Incursion Flashback i had a Belly and i STILL felt more rippy. The only other change i made was to move the 3 points from twin terrors to make the tree path through aspect of the panther for some extra defense

Hey, cool to see you are still going at it :)

Just want to say that Aspect of the Panther is pretty much not worth it defensively. 2% Block Chance is nothing :P
I'd advise you to instead focus on getting 3 Might of the Meeks and switching to those trees (but theyre expensive in Standard, only 20c or so first 2 weeks of the League tho) which results in way more Life. Also, Taste of Hate offers significant Phys Mitigation, and a Stibnite is insanely valuable for any Melee Character in terms of Defenses. At least replace your Quicksilver, this is not a running Build and that is a 100% wasted Flask slot :P
And why don't you use an Atziris Promise? Incredibly cheap, and a huge DPS Boost. And yes, more DPS = more Survivability since shit just gets offscreened before it can do anything to us.

Other than that, it comes down to a few more Levels and better Gear. Mostly better Rings and Amulet, these are incredibly importand Slots for this Build and I can't stress this enough. I will make it more emphasized in the rework of the Guide for 3.4. But I provide the Stat Priority and Trade Links for a reason and still people use some random Stuff :)

Regarding Playstyle: doesnt matter if stuff is in front. It's obviously more safe, yes, but Reave covers the whole Screen. And there is really no "going too fast". You should one shot the whole screen, so you are only limited by how fast you can maneuver around obstacles etc.

I hope your further journey works out somehow, there is a lot left you can improve on with this character.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 28, 2018, 5:10:43 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:

Hey, cool to see you are still going at it :)

Just want to say that Aspect of the Panther is pretty much not worth it defensively. 2% Block Chance is nothing :P
I'd advise you to instead focus on getting 3 Might of the Meeks and switching to those trees (but theyre expensive in Standard, only 20c or so first 2 weeks of the League tho) which results in way more Life. Also, Taste of Hate offers significant Phys Mitigation, and a Stibnite is insanely valuable for any Melee Character in terms of Defenses. At least replace your Quicksilver, this is not a running Build and that is a 100% wasted Flask slot :P
And why don't you use an Atziris Promise? Incredibly cheap, and a huge DPS Boost. And yes, more DPS = more Survivability since shit just gets offscreened before it can do anything to us.

Other than that, it comes down to a few more Levels and better Gear. Mostly better Rings and Amulet, these are incredibly importand Slots for this Build and I can't stress this enough. I will make it more emphasized in the rework of the Guide for 3.4. But I provide the Stat Priority and Trade Links for a reason and still people use some random Stuff :)

Regarding Playstyle: doesnt matter if stuff is in front. It's obviously more safe, yes, but Reave covers the whole Screen. And there is really no "going too fast". You should one shot the whole screen, so you are only limited by how fast you can maneuver around obstacles etc.

I hope your further journey works out somehow, there is a lot left you can improve on with this character.

Hey, thanks for the detailed response! I was just commenting on how it felt - I don't actually play in standard at all, so this is it for the character. I actually abandoned him right at 88 not because I didnt like it or didnt want to push further, but I just wanted another 85 to go for the prize.
With that being said, I think you 're undervaluing how much some of this stuff was going for in Flashback. Might of the meek wasnt 20c anytime i looked for example.
Also I should have said don't look at the character. I just had happened to move some of my better flasks to an older version of my Cycloner I had on standard. I do normally run with stibnite/taste of hate. EDIT: Same for atziri's promise, i deleted my extra and had to test it on my GC totem guy :D
With all that being said, i'll still consider going back to him or another reave/BF variant in Delve. Thanks for your help!
Last edited by Perce79 on Aug 28, 2018, 9:17:50 PM
"
Perce79 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the detailed response! I was just commenting on how it felt - I don't actually play in standard at all, so this is it for the character. I actually abandoned him right at 88 not because I didnt like it or didnt want to push further, but I just wanted another 85 to go for the prize.
With that being said, I think you 're undervaluing how much some of this stuff was going for in Flashback. Might of the meek wasnt 20c anytime i looked for example.
Also I should have said don't look at the character. I just had happened to move some of my better flasks to an older version of my Cycloner I had on standard. I do normally run with stibnite/taste of hate. EDIT: Same for atziri's promise, i deleted my extra and had to test it on my GC totem guy :D
With all that being said, i'll still consider going back to him or another reave/BF variant in Delve. Thanks for your help!

Good to know you had the correct Flasks at least :D
Concerning Meeks: they were 20 to 30 c the First 3 weeks or so in Incursion IIRC. That's when I bought mine. Can Check the Date I Made the switch in the posts Here.
Maybe they became a lot more popular tho. Hope Nobody has to struggle top much to get them in Delve.

If you decide to Go with another Reave/BF char, really keep an eye in your Jewellry. And no, decent ones arent expensive, that's what the Low Budget links are for. I Sometimes Wonder If people even Check These :P Gonna refine them more for Delve tho. But If you Check the Videos: I did Uber Elder with what was, at the time, a 60c Budget. Granted you wont get the Same stuff for that price in the First 2 weeks of a League, but that was only to Show people dont need crazy rares.

This Build (like many other Attack Builds) is really dependant on Rares, and one should always Upgrade them.

If you decide to give it a shot for Delve, im Always happy to help along the way. Regardless tho: have fun reding the Patch notes right now :D

On that topic, nothing changed for this Build apparently. No Buffs or nerfs.

Today/tomorrow I cant Put any Work in, but on thursday I'll revamp the Guide a bit with refined trade Links and some structural/formatting Changes. Also gonna include a Molten Strike and VDS Foil Variant in the Seconds Post.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 28, 2018, 9:53:47 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:

Concerning Meeks: they were 20 to 30 c the First 3 weeks or so in Incursion IIRC. That's when I bought mine. Can Check the Date I Made the switch in the posts Here.
Maybe they became a lot more popular tho. Hope Nobody has to struggle top much to get them in Delve.

If you decide to Go with another Reave/BF char, really keep an eye in your Jewellry. And no, decent ones arent expensive, that's what the Low Budget links are for. I Sometimes Wonder If people even Check These :P Gonna refine them more for Delve tho. But If you Check the Videos: I did Uber Elder with what was, at the time, a 60c Budget. Granted you wont get the Same stuff for that price in the First 2 weeks of a League, but that was only to Show people dont need crazy rares.

This Build (like many other Attack Builds) is really dependant on Rares, and one should always Upgrade them.

If you decide to give it a shot for Delve, im Always happy to help along the way. Regardless tho: have fun reding the Patch notes right now :D

Today/tomorrow I cant Put any Work in, but on thursday I'll revamp the Guide a bit with refined trade Links and some structural/formatting Changes. Also gonna include a Molten Strike and VDS Foil Variant in the Seconds Post.

No doubt - like I said i switched over to my GC totem guy after the first two weeks and just didnt go back and upgrade the jewels. But yeah might of the meek was hovering over 40 most of the time from what I saw. In terms of your "budget" gear like the rings and such - I was showing my friend how you make your guide with links like that. And when he saw what you had as "budget" rings, he said "Budget, is this guy serious or drunk?" I did explain you werent talking about the first couple of weeks of a flashback league, but yeah. I think gear prices in a flashback are very polarized compared to the regular leagues.
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:

just read the patch notes, sticking to my word! playing this in delve for sure :D looking forward to the updated guide thursday
"
Guffinn wrote:

Instant blood rage is a buff, most specifically against bosses.
Just read the patch notes. I think I will be trying this as a league starter. With sunder in the toilet, what would you recommend to level with? Frost blades perhaps? If you get the chance, you should update the leveling section too. Thanks for the guide!
"
MrChubms wrote:
Just read the patch notes. I think I will be trying this as a league starter. With sunder in the toilet, what would you recommend to level with? Frost blades perhaps? If you get the chance, you should update the leveling section too. Thanks for the guide!

sunder is still fine though.
"
Perce79 wrote:
Also gonna include a Molten Strike and VDS Foil Variant in the Seconds Post.

Instant blood rage is a buff, most specifically against bosses. [/quote]

Incredibly minor, but sure: a small Buff. Gonna mention it :P

"
MrChubms wrote:

Ty for trusting in this Build!

Sunder is still very fine for Levelling, and I still will recommend it. The decrease in Range and Area won't matter for the levelling too much.
If you really wanna level with something else: Cleave into Reave, or Frostblades all the way, work with the same trees.

Thats it for today for me, gotta go. Gonna update everything tomorrow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info