[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

I will most likely use this as my league starter. I once did a similar build (Champion Bloodseeker Reave/Bf) and it was the easiest league starter i ever had.

"
JadedDragna wrote:
hmm you say that blood pact is absolutely non negotiable. but cant we use Bloodseekers claw to free up more nodes at the cost of some damage? just a thinker

I had the same thought, because i don't like Vaal Pact that much. But when you use Bloodseeker combined with the Slayer overleech, it's like you don't have overleech, because the leech is instant. So if you want to drop Vaal Pact and use Bloodseeker, I would suggest you choose another class/Ascendancy. I personally will use the Ascendant like in this build (Slayer + Raider) + whatever best claw I can get, but won't take Vaal Pact in the beginning. If I feel like my leech is not fast enough I probably have to take it.

@OP: thanks for making this build. Very well written and detailed :)
Guffin says to make sure you have enough leech before taking Vaal Pact in the original post. I felt fine with it in Incursion Flashback once I got ToA and Moonbender in the late 70s. I don't know how it would have felt earlier on with those same weapons.
"
RazFazX wrote:
I will most likely use this as my league starter. I once did a similar build (Champion Bloodseeker Reave/Bf) and it was the easiest league starter i ever had.

"
JadedDragna wrote:
hmm you say that blood pact is absolutely non negotiable. but cant we use Bloodseekers claw to free up more nodes at the cost of some damage? just a thinker

I had the same thought, because i don't like Vaal Pact that much. But when you use Bloodseeker combined with the Slayer overleech, it's like you don't have overleech, because the leech is instant. So if you want to drop Vaal Pact and use Bloodseeker, I would suggest you choose another class/Ascendancy. I personally will use the Ascendant like in this build (Slayer + Raider) + whatever best claw I can get, but won't take Vaal Pact in the beginning. If I feel like my leech is not fast enough I probably have to take it.

Yes i was looking into this aswell and i think the Elementalist would be the best acendancy for damage late game. Slayer would be the best for starter due to the culling and aoe. and later change into the elementalist for more damage. (aswell as int)

ill prob try adn get moonbender and bloodseeker claw so i dont need to waste points on vaal pact. but i might use it until i get blood seeker. i also removed acro and phase on the tree just cus.. i dont feel i need them that much. i mean its survival but if shit dies fast it wont be needed at the start. i might change and use it in deeper delve but i will just adapt to what i need.

but as we all know at start of league.. you get what you get and you have to adapt to the rng xD
Last edited by JadedDragna on Aug 31, 2018, 8:35:58 AM
"
iwonderwice wrote:
btw - static strike looks promising as lvling gem.

I just saw Ziggys Video, looks good indeed. Before I endorse it in the Guide tho, I wanna see how it performs actually. Ty for the heads up tho!

"
JadedDragna wrote:

No. Bloodseeker is a trash Claw for DPS, and no amount of Points can weigh that up. The low attack Speed makes map clears incredibly slow too.
The instant Leech directly counters Slayer Overleech and doesnt work with it. Also, I consider Overleech to be the superior defensive mechanism. Especially on Boss Fights, you are safe even when there isnt Stuff to attack. This is especially relevant on Uber Elder.

Big props to you for actually reading through the Guide tho, not many people do that :D
I will add Bloodseeker to the FAQ.

"
RazFazX wrote:

---

Ty for the interest in my Build and the encouraging words :)

You basically explained it very well. Apart from being shit for Damage and Clearspeed, Bloodseeker invalidates one of the greatest Defensive mechanisms this Build has.

As for Vaal Pact: around maps is usually where you can easily sustain It. Just try it out a bit from time to time, only costs one respec point :P

"
JadedDragna wrote:

Yes i was looking into this aswell and i think the Elementalist would be the best acendancy for damage late game. Slayer would be the best for starter due to the culling and aoe. and later change into the elementalist for more damage. (aswell as int)

ill prob try adn get moonbender and bloodseeker claw so i dont need to waste points on vaal pact. but i might use it until i get blood seeker. i also removed acro and phase on the tree just cus.. i dont feel i need them that much. i mean its survival but if shit dies fast it wont be needed at the start. i might change and use it in deeper delve but i will just adapt to what i need.

So first things first:

I have 5.400.000 Shaper DPS with my Incursion Gear as Slayer/Raider. So it would take me 10 Seconds to kill a 54.000.000 Health Enemy.
With Culling Strike, thats down to 9 seconds because he gets culled once he reaches 10%. This 9 second killtime on a 54kk Health enemy means, that my effective DPS is 54kk/9 = 6.000.000.
Without Slayer (20% inc Damage while leeching), I'm sitting at 5.268.000 Shaper DPS. Now I take Elementalsit and sit at 5.846.000 Shaper DPS. Add in a Lightning Golem since we can take 2 (wont be up always tho, probably rarely) and I sit at 6.000.000 DPS.

So by dropping Slayer we not only lose one of the most OP defensive mechanics in the Game, it also turns out to be the same Damage. And that even only IF the Lightning Golem survives.
It is not worth it to go Elementalist or Inquisitor or Assassin for us. In no way.

Even IF the Damage was better, we still need Survivability. And I can't stress this enough: Overleech is one of the most OP defensive mechanics in the Game.
You don't seem to be a fan of surviving tho, considering you drop Acro and Phase Acro as well :P 5 Points for straight up 40% less Attack Damage and 30% less Spell Damage taken (over a big sample Size/while mapping). Dont do that please.

And please don't talk about "wasting" Points on Vaal Pact. I explained that earlier.

No bad blood btw :D Just pointing stuff out.
Obviously its your own Character and you choose what you want to do, but I have some reasoning behind pretty much any Choice I made for this Build.

Btw, before people ask:
Auls Uprising looks cool, but I will have to see the Numbers it provides.
Also, it makes no sense to plan around it if we don't know the rarity. People planned tons of builds around Zerphis Heart, and it turned out to be 50ex+.

Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 31, 2018, 11:57:42 AM
I added some Notes for very high Level Delves to the second Post.

Gl and hf in the new League guys, let's hope the Servers are kinda stable and your Builds work out :)
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
iwonderwice wrote:
btw - static strike looks promising as lvling gem.

I just saw Ziggys Video, looks good indeed. Before I endorse it in the Guide tho, I wanna see how it performs actually. Ty for the heads up tho!

"
JadedDragna wrote:

No. Bloodseeker is a trash Claw for DPS, and no amount of Points can weigh that up. The low attack Speed makes map clears incredibly slow too.
The instant Leech directly counters Slayer Overleech and doesnt work with it. Also, I consider Overleech to be the superior defensive mechanism. Especially on Boss Fights, you are safe even when there isnt Stuff to attack. This is especially relevant on Uber Elder.

Big props to you for actually reading through the Guide tho, not many people do that :D
I will add Bloodseeker to the FAQ.

"
RazFazX wrote:

---

Ty for the interest in my Build and the encouraging words :)

You basically explained it very well. Apart from being shit for Damage and Clearspeed, Bloodseeker invalidates one of the greatest Defensive mechanisms this Build has.

As for Vaal Pact: around maps is usually where you can easily sustain It. Just try it out a bit from time to time, only costs one respec point :P

"
JadedDragna wrote:

So first things first:

I have 5.400.000 Shaper DPS with my Incursion Gear as Slayer/Raider. So it would take me 10 Seconds to kill a 54.000.000 Health Enemy.
With Culling Strike, thats down to 9 seconds because he gets culled once he reaches 10%. This 9 second killtime on a 54kk Health enemy means, that my effective DPS is 54kk/9 = 6.000.000.
Without Slayer (20% inc Damage while leeching), I'm sitting at 5.268.000 Shaper DPS. Now I take Elementalsit and sit at 5.846.000 Shaper DPS. Add in a Lightning Golem since we can take 2 (wont be up always tho, probably rarely) and I sit at 6.000.000 DPS.

So by dropping Slayer we not only lose one of the most OP defensive mechanics in the Game, it also turns out to be the same Damage. And that even only IF the Lightning Golem survives.
It is not worth it to go Elementalist or Inquisitor or Assassin for us. In no way.

Even IF the Damage was better, we still need Survivability. And I can't stress this enough: Overleech is one of the most OP defensive mechanics in the Game.
You don't seem to be a fan of surviving tho, considering you drop Acro and Phase Acro as well :P 5 Points for straight up 40% less Attack Damage and 30% less Spell Damage taken (over a big sample Size/while mapping). Dont do that please.

And please don't talk about "wasting" Points on Vaal Pact. I explained that earlier.

No bad blood btw :D Just pointing stuff out.
Obviously its your own Character and you choose what you want to do, but I have some reasoning behind pretty much any Choice I made for this Build.

Btw, before people ask:
Auls Uprising looks cool, but I will have to see the Numbers it provides.
Also, it makes no sense to plan around it if we don't know the rarity. People planned tons of builds around Zerphis Heart, and it turned out to be 50ex+.

do not worry i dont take offense atall for you pointing out stuff. its good that you deffend/stress why we take the stuff we do. while i just theory stuff. i am playing your build right now. i am however leveling smite + purity.
Last edited by JadedDragna on Sep 1, 2018, 10:39:22 AM
"
JadedDragna wrote:
do not worry i dont take offense atall for you pointing out stuff. its good that you deffend/stress why we take the stuff we do. while i just theory stuff. i am playing your build right now. i am however leveling smite + purity.

Cool that that's cool with you :D Always worry if I come across as too harsh.

How is levelling going with Smite? Sunder is the old and trusted variant but it can't hurt to broaden the Horizon
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
JadedDragna wrote:

Cool that that's cool with you :D Always worry if I come across as too harsh.

How is levelling going with Smite? Sunder is the old and trusted variant but it can't hurt to broaden the Horizon

oh i love smite. alot of fun and nice dmg. ive switched to BF now with waspnest and gonna see how that goes. also got a 6 socket belly im trying to link xD gonna take a while
"
JadedDragna wrote:
oh i love smite. alot of fun and nice dmg. ive switched to BF now with waspnest and gonna see how that goes. also got a 6 socket belly im trying to link xD gonna take a while

Gl on the linking mate :D
I usually just buy my 6links, cba to hit an unlucky 5k fuse Chest.

I added a Molten Strike Variation of this Build to the second Post, along the already existing Spectral Throw one.
This version is vastly the same as the "main" Build, but I decided to add it now as Molten Strike is mechanically superior for very deep Delves where your Reave Damage might fall off.

Note that this only really applys to people that wanna push the Ladder :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 2, 2018, 2:46:56 PM
Does Multistrike support Vaal-Skills now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info