[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hi,

This interleague I converted my old CoC Discharge Scion in this build (thanks to the full respect tree).
I didn't tested in high tier map yet, but it's looks like it can do a superb job in bossing, and even in mapping.

I would appreciate if someone could check out my character, and tel me what I missed (there must be some mistake while I don't know a thing about BF and scion build), and how to improve my character.

Here is my gear :
Spoiler

My curent tree :

And here is what I expect to have at a higher level (I will go for a HC tree because I like beeing safe) :
https://pastebin.com/5UrQ8pN0

What do you guys think of this. How can I correct and improve this ?
Thanks in advance.
And thanks OP for your well detailed guide and your advices.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Aug 29, 2018, 6:26:23 AM
Why does this build not work as a league starter Lab runner? Too much initial investment required to reliably run uber lab?
Guffinn, what are your thoughts on no leech maps? My "concern" is with the new Zana system, if you use her map upgrades you're eventually going to get caught with a no leech map. I just tried a no leech t13 map with

and

And it worked out OK - although i did die once (then again I die once sometimes in many maps). I also swapped in a life flask for this one. I feel like a LoH ammy would have put me over the top.
Last edited by Perce79 on Aug 29, 2018, 6:41:26 PM
"
Perce79 wrote:
Guffinn, what are your thoughts on no leech maps? My "concern" is with the new Zana system, if you use her map upgrades you're eventually going to get caught with a no leech map.

Well, thats the risk with that System. Nearly every Build has some tough mods, and you have a chance to run into one of them. Imagine a tri Herald Elementalist running into an ele Reflect Map like that, gonna be an insta death on the first pack.

That said, you can run No Leech. I do it sometimes if I CBA to reroll a map. If you run Bloodrage, you need to be active 100% of the time to get Health back from Packs. Not running Bloodrage is a lot safer, and you could still generate Frenzies by attaching Ice Bite to your Herald of Ice. This requires a lot of specific setup tho.
The LGoH from an Imperial Claw alone always was enough for me. And the passive Mana Regen + Assassins Mark as well. Thiefs Torment is a pretty terrible Ring for us, Rings are such an important Slot for Life and Offensives. And like I said: the LGoH from my Claw was always enough.

That said: I recommend not running this Zana mod too much if it really can give any random mods. It's gonna be rough for any Build.

"
Catcus wrote:
Why does this build not work as a league starter Lab runner? Too much initial investment required to reliably run uber lab?

Basically thats it. The Damage and Speed arent a problem, but Survivability early League is. The Builds that can farm Lab early on with absolutely minimal Investment, e.g. Jugg, have a big Life Pool and great Physical Mitigation. This Build simply cant offer that amount of defensives against Phys, and such a huge Life Pool, early on.
Sure you can build a bit more for it, but it won't ever be comfortable week 1 or 2.

"
Hi,

This interleague I converted my old CoC Discharge Scion in this build (thanks to the full respect tree).
I didn't tested in high tier map yet, but it's looks like it can do a superb job in bossing, and even in mapping.

I would appreciate if someone could check out my character, and tel me what I missed (there must be some mistake while I don't know a thing about BF and scion build), and how to improve my character.

What do you guys think of this. How can I correct and improve this ?
Thanks in advance.
And thanks OP for your well detailed guide and your advices.

Ty for the kind words, and for checking out the Build Guide :)

Your Tree looks fine, thats bascially what I recommend for HC/more Life.
The Gear is also on Point. Claw and Rings etc. are exactly what we're looking for.
Your Gems aren't levelled (Mainlinks, Blood Rage, Hatred, Golem etc.). With fully levelled Gems we're looking at 2.6m Shaper DPS fully buffed, thats more than enough to safely do Uber Elder.
So level your Gems and your Character, and you will have a good time I think.
The Abyss Jewel in your Bubonics could be better, and your Belt could have more Life/WED, but overall that's nice. Also, if you try the Build in a League: consider a shaped Helmet instead of Tempests Binding.

Overall you got the gist of getting the right rares, which is refreshing to see :)
Hope you enjoy the Build.

As for 3.4:

The new Herald of Purity is a Buff for Singletarget, it outperforms Herald of Ash for us.
Also, Vaal Ancestral Warchief will replace Ancestral Protector on Bosses at least. Warchief is already very close to Protector, but the new Vaal Version puts it above (has more "more" Melee Damage than the normal one).
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 30, 2018, 9:09:51 AM
Okay, reworked everything for 3.4.
The very minor changes it brings for us are detailed in the second Post.
PoBs will be updated once 3.4 hits live Servers.
Videos sometime next week.

Other than that, I restructured the Gem/Gear Section a bit. Mainly focused on Rares, as I often saw people run around with bad ones last league. I put extra emphasis on their importance now: the Stat prio has a seperate Segment and I stress their importance repeatedly in the Gear Sections :D
All links for Rings/Amulets/Jewels were reworked to be weighted Sums (one of the most awesome Search features out there). This should give a more accurate search result in Terms of DPS gained, but remember that the weights are dependant on many things/different for every Character. So a comparison in PoB is still important.

On that topic, the future of PoB should be a "find upgrade" button. You simply click it, it calculates your "Stat weights" and generates a Trade Search for that Slot that only resulsts in Upgrades.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 30, 2018, 7:11:26 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:
Guffinn, what are your thoughts on no leech maps? My "concern" is with the new Zana system, if you use her map upgrades you're eventually going to get caught with a no leech map.

Well, thats the risk with that System. Nearly every Build has some tough mods, and you have a chance to run into one of them. Imagine a tri Herald Elementalist running into an ele Reflect Map like that, gonna be an insta death on the first pack.

That said, you can run No Leech. I do it sometimes if I CBA to reroll a map. If you run Bloodrage, you need to be active 100% of the time to get Health back from Packs. Not running Bloodrage is a lot safer, and you could still generate Frenzies by attaching Ice Bite to your Herald of Ice. This requires a lot of specific setup tho.
The LGoH from an Imperial Claw alone always was enough for me. And the passive Mana Regen + Assassins Mark as well. Thiefs Torment is a pretty terrible Ring for us, Rings are such an important Slot for Life and Offensives. And like I said: the LGoH from my Claw was always enough.

That said: I recommend not running this Zana mod too much if it really can give any random mods. It's gonna be rough for any Build.

Thanks again for your thoughts - no doubt most every build has some tough mods. This build though does a great job handling them. Of course I don't plan on constantly running the zana mod, BUT early league if i'm playing at 5am EST and its hard to buy maps... I may do a few.

Thanks again for such a great guide.
"
Perce79 wrote:
Thanks again for your thoughts - no doubt most every build has some tough mods. This build though does a great job handling them. Of course I don't plan on constantly running the zana mod, BUT early league if i'm playing at 5am EST and its hard to buy maps... I may do a few.

Thanks again for such a great guide.

Yep, thats true obviously. Early League getting Maps can be rough.
Well, lets hope you dont run into a -max, less recovery, ele reflect, no leech, no regen map then :D

Gl on the League Start, and ty for the nice wods again :)
btw - static strike looks promising as lvling gem.
Trying your build tomorrow.. thanks for sharing this one for us. :)
Last edited by Christof on Aug 31, 2018, 5:07:45 AM
hmm you say that blood pact is absolutely non negotiable. but cant we use Bloodseekers claw to free up more nodes at the cost of some damage? just a thinker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info