[Sept 18] Player-player Trading

I hope GGG never makes an auction house for this game, just based on my experience from D3..

In town a trade window similar to D2 is a must IMO
"
Hangr wrote:
In my opinion you should do that simple player-player trade even if it slowed down the overall progress a little.

I don't see why we can't just do Mud Flats Normal until they get what they really want out.

I'm fine with it!
Just to chime in with a suggestion of a two-stage confirmation for the trade.

First click 'finalise' this locks the items offered from both players and allows them to check over stats and items one last time.

The click 'accept trade'. Both players must press this for the trade to go through.

This will cut down on some popular scam tactics that have been around for ages.
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
"
karaknic wrote:
Just to chime in with a suggestion of a two-stage confirmation for the trade.

First click 'finalise' this locks the items offered from both players and allows them to check over stats and items one last time.

The click 'accept trade'. Both players must press this for the trade to go through.

This will cut down on some popular scam tactics that have been around for ages.

Agree with this. Need a lock button that both must be clicked before accept is available
Well, most of the D3 players are bored to death about getting out their partys to see the AH, so the better way is allow players to see her auctions ingame, and do all the stuff ingame, can trade out of the game will be great, obligate players to trade out of the game dont sounds great at all.
Maybe a ingame interface will be something to dificult, but at least, we need a way to trade ingame.
Sorry for my english dudes! D:
Last edited by xXkoverasXx on Jul 31, 2012, 7:12:50 AM
what about an area where we are inside a cage, drop items and then if the 2 players agree, swap between the areas? It is simple, fast, and not this much time-taking.
If a player take back his items, he won't be able to go on the other side, because the other player would have a switch he would activate which close a barrier.
It don't even need a trade windows!
I don't know if i did express what i was thinking.
Last edited by raykizap on Jul 31, 2012, 9:14:53 AM
"
raykizap wrote:
what about an area where we are inside a cage, drop items and then if the 2 players agree, swap between the areas? It is simple, fast, and not this much time-taking.
If a player take back his items, he won't be able to go on the other side, because the other player would have a switch he would activate which close a barrier.

This is actually a unique and cool option for in game trading.

At any rate, the drop'n'swap works great in the closed beta, I haven't heard a single tale of abuse! But then I thing the cut community is going to prove vastly more mature and responsible than the obt community will be.

I agree with the sentiment that if the finalized trading system can be implemented by ob release, don't bother with an interim method. But if not, then I believe a simple trade menu will be a must for the obt.

I also agree that I will not like to have to alt tab out of the game to perform trades.. This causes a lot of local lag for me, and my instances already close down often enough as is! (mind you, I do tend to forget I'm playing and start chatting when I get back to down XD) It would not be very fair to have to reset quest progress in order to nab a quick trade every time someone promotes something good... IMO in game trading is also a must.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Facilitating trades of in-game items through the website? Yes please.
Diablo 3 did not live up to expectations:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=357201

Looking for a new game to give suggestions for *hint hint*.
"
wyldmage wrote:
"
Voldzito wrote:
Take as long as you have to in order to implement the final trading system, because I also agree, that party-drop-trading currently in closed beta is working pretty fine.

Fully agreed.

This is a beta with a (mostly) strong community.
People act in a trustworthy manor.
As long as the final trade system is here by Open Beta, we can keep working with what we have.

LMAO at your quote
Last edited by QuikSilvers on Aug 1, 2012, 2:40:58 PM
"
raykizap wrote:

this is a really cool idea.

when you want to trade with someone

1. right click their names, invite to trade party.
2. other person agrees.
3. both get teleported to an instance where there is a sqaure cage divided into 2 rectangles.
4. each player dumps the trade goods on the ground.
5. each player then moves their char to the other side of the rectangle where there are 2 switches.
6. upon passing an threshold, a wall appears which prevents the player from going back to the place where they dropped their items.
7. there are two switches, one to agree, one to reset.
8. agree -> players teleport to the other side where goods are, and there's a switch to click to leave instance.
9. reset switch -> this is the time to check over the trade, if bad, hit reset and wall goes down. hitting the reset switch also resets any choices other player made.
10. disconnects will cause lots of problems of having items dissappearing tho. but would be better than current system imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info