[Sept 18] Player-player Trading

"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
In what way could playing ever be more efficient then trading in the design GGG decided to follow? (base drops around multiplayer party play)

I didn't say that and that wasn't my point.

It depends on each's view what's efficient: as long as there are no set values (which will never be possible with how the system "works" in POE), trading will always be "more efficient" to build up wealth than playing.

"
Sa_Re wrote:
Most sellers and buyers I traded with understand that you gotta be nice if you want a good deal.

There's arrogance happening on both sides of the shopboard. But the main hassles are: for the buyer - that you need to find the spot when the shop is open (aka the seller is online) - which is a real problem in a world with 24 timezones... and for sellers - that you have to be online with the char you want to trade with (which may not be the main account you usually play with...

Look at the system, xyz uses: shop says "I want x for y", customer accepts and pays; deal done. WHAT would really change, if the handover on this would NOT need to "meet" ingame? ONLY: more efficiency for both sides. I call this a win-win. Its NOT like an AH for accepting only fix offers; and noone forbids you to make still and also deals "the conventional" way, with no buyout, to find the highest paying buyer for your stuff...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Sorry for the necro, but I just found this thread. I was working at an improvement for what you call the simple trading solution (in-game). From what I saw, the community is a bit against trading solutions that de-humanize trading (such as D3 auction house). I designed an alternative that would implement all the external resources (item searching) and improve trading overall all within the game. Its a long read, but might shade some light on this approach and eventually help the team to think from different angles. Here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/848024
I'm definitely not against a MMO-style "auction" house that serves as a central in-game marketplace that makes finding what you want easier, faster, and safer without resorting to cumbersome trade chat, BBcode shops, and complicated math/guesswork.
Last edited by fireundubh on Mar 19, 2014, 7:35:01 PM
"
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2017 4:30:31 AM

wait what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info