[Sept 18] Player-player Trading

"
Trading is fine in this game. That being said, it could always be better. I would love to see the ability to trade via the website without logging in the client and I think a lot of other people would as well.

As for the 2 guys just posting "up" I feel it would be better to just state your cases for why this is still a relevant thread and a nice addition to the game.
Stating that trading is fine is equally useless as saying up. Trading is not fine.
It is fine.

"
The current trading system is like in the 90s

No. You see, today we live in 2013. Really?

"
Dropping an offer and going to sleep

This is an auction house. Have you learned nothing from other games?

It is all, all, about supply and demand. About what? Supply... and... demand. When supply is too great (such as with an AH type trading system), you can hardly trade because the chances of your item being valuable are close to zero. When supply is too small, you can not progress because you can never get the items you need unless you find them yourself.

So, how did GGG solve this paradox? By allowing a massive variety and flexibility of builds, so that everyone requires different items. The benefits of this are:

1. It is easier to find smaller upgrades yourself
2. It becomes harder to find that very specific item you need
3. Crafting becomes much more interesting

Ergo, the result is that

1. You rely less on the trading system to progress
2. The ratio of 'valuable items found' : 'hours played each day' goes up

In other words, the output speed of sales being succesful is reduced because you have to 'look around' for specific items, which prevents market overflows. Although certain websites are starting to assume characteristics of an AH, it is not nearly as damaging as allowing everyone one-click selling of their items.
Last edited by Tecnik on Dec 21, 2013, 1:50:17 PM
"
Tecnik wrote:

Your point is silly. Ya its 2013 but that doesn't prove that the trading system is up to date with current games. Really?
Standard Forever
we don't need trading, we should all play Self Found League !

Na, just kidding, it was a garbage idea :)
IGN TylordRampage
"
Tecnik wrote:
It is fine.

By allowing a massive variety and flexibility of builds, so that everyone requires different items. The benefits of this are:

1. It is easier to find smaller upgrades yourself
3. Crafting becomes much more interesting

Ergo, the result is that

I took the liberty in trimming your post and leaving items that are absolutely untrue. This game relies more so on trading than I dare say D3. They are so damn close or were I should say as it sounds as if D3 is heading the right direction in the expac... albeit after screwing the devout fan-base of the franchise for so long.

If they would have left drops and the AH totally independent then OK. So what if the AH was flooded with items...as if it wasn't anyway. Only thing is items would have been coming from players and not having the best items inserted by the programmers.

I'm going off topic here...I just saw something about relying less on trade and really had to stop as I was astonished to see someone think otherwise.
"
Tecnik wrote:
It is fine.

Ergo, the result is that

cant tell if troll or serious.

Path of trading and you come up with that crap lol..
@HabiaUnaVez_Truz or leave a PM if im offline
Last edited by Sixnia on Dec 22, 2013, 1:20:16 AM
"
Tecnik wrote:

"
The current trading system is like in the 90s

Go brain-shop dude...

And for all, I didnt talk about an AH
I know a lot of ppl are against it (mostly cause they wont be able to make a lot of money on new players, imo)
so AH is shit ? ok
but honnestly, you can't be satisfied with the current system that has 2 ways :
- spamming the $-chan, well... all is said... maybe (MAYBE !) a solution would be to set a limit at 1 post/hour on this chan so you can actually see offers. atm, ppl spam their 5lines-spams every 3 secs (really)
- forum posts, even worse...

For me, the 2 ways are completely out-dated and/or hard-badly designed

but did u guys just read the 1st post from GGG here ?
I just want info about this !

here is the end of the post :
"
Chris wrote:
Edit (Sept 18): This information still represents our view of this issue. The simpler trade screen is coming soon as a stopgap measure - probably within the next 3 weeks.

1st post is from Feb, then Sept, so where are we now ?!?
If the system is ok for you GGG (lol... see above), then just say it
Three weeks Chris? Gee, I think you missed the deadline. In all seriousness, the fact that they still haven't delivered on the new trade system is a big part of the reason I haven't bought any of the new supporter packs or bought any new mtx.
IGN: Standard: Feugue, Domination: KaomsDisciple
Trading system is fine. Damn near perfect. Only thing that would make it better is if xyz was an official thing.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
Trading system is fine. Damn near perfect. Only thing that would make it better is if xyz was an official thing.

Current system is far, far away from perfect. Since end-game heavily depends on trading (if you want excellent gear, etc), a proper trading system IS necessary. Searching stuff via external websites and browsing threads and then setting up meetings with strangers suck. It's far from fun, entertainment.

It's either no trading at all with proper RNG or a proper trading system (such as the website integration).
Last edited by Blah on Dec 22, 2013, 5:32:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info