[Sept 18] Player-player Trading

"
RabidRabbit wrote:
"
Hangr wrote:
In my opinion you should do that simple player-player trade even if it slowed down the overall progress a little.

I disagree. The current party-drop-trading is working fine for closed beta. Shouldn't need an interim solution for the near future.

I agree.

There's no need to waste development time on a temporal solution.
Closed beta player, August 2011
"
dust7 wrote:
Why can't we have trading over the website AND a player to player trade interface ingame?

+1 for this best-possible solution.

It would be a great feature, to be able to trade without entering the client, just from everywhere internet is accessible - but it also would be not less good, to be able to trade ingame, without leaving the client.

And for this case, there's no reason not to add the ingame trade first on a shorter term - I'd call the actual force to make party to "trade" not viable for open beta.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
trading via forum sounds really cool...top idea :D
"
dust7 wrote:
Why can't we have trading over the website AND a player to player trade interface ingame?

+1

this is the first thing that popped into my head when i read the op. i was actually surprised it took almost an entire page before someone said this.
"trading via forum sounds really cool...top idea :D"

Trading via FORUMS (like atm with non-categorized free for all topics) is definitely VERY BAD idea. This has too much downsides.

Trading via specially created, ergonomic (item linking) and semi-automatic browser-based AH/trading post with buy and sell orders is defintely GREAT IDEA.

Simply there must be something more that forum topic to make trades on large scale functional and not annoying.

No matter what simple player to player trading interface ingame is a must for launch for "quick trades".
And no - invite to party, typing "Normal Terraces", watching loading screen and throwing items on the ground with possibility to DC with items on the ground (or server crash) or scam deos not fit in my definition of "quick and safe trade".

This may be good in beta now (personally i think its tolerable but extremely annoying sometimes) but not when game launches to Open Beta.
"
Kabraxis wrote:

Trading via FORUMS (like atm with non-categorized free for all topics) is definitely VERY BAD idea. This has too much downsides.
I guess it is not that hard to create some trade subforums ;)...but lets see how they implement it in the end :D
Is it possible to clarify if trading inside the game will be a part of the web-based trading?

I think that is the most logical way of doing it anyway. In that case I am fine with waiting.
As long as you have some kind of system in place come open beta I do not care much about how it works.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
From my understanding;

There is to be a Website/Forum based trading system AND an in-game system that is completely integrated within each other, so that when you do find something and show it off (in-game), you are able to trade directly in game without having to open your browser to make a trade.

Whereas this is to be a very complex system to create - it will be worth the wait,

We do not need any temporary in-game trade system that will take time out of developing this exciting new feature in its full glory.

I do not know that my view is correct of what the end result will be - i could be completely wrong...

But it would be nice to know if i am on the right track or not.
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
"
Chris wrote:
Because this feature is taking a while, we may consider implementing a simple player-player trade within an instance as an interim measure (but this would be wasted development time as it'd be replaced by the proper system when that is ready).

Drop trade works fine, please do not waste your development time on a temporary secure trade interface. Just unveil the website trade system when its ready.
As much as i'm really interested with the idea of trading on the website, i must say it would feel a bit weird to not be able to trade stuff with people in-game.

It would be conveniant to be able to open a trade window like in D2 (and many other games) on top of the website trading system.
Pasta of Exile!
http://i.imgur.com/zWbo3.jpg

Got a beta key by burning stuff!
http://i.imgur.com/wefG6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/boelM.jpg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info