[Sept 18] Player-player Trading

well i hope you add auchion house AND this web thing. both or nothing i say.
i actually dropped an item in towne, and wasn't able to pick it up or any other players weren't able to see it - but i guess that was probably described somewhere, but i think people will miss this.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
"
Hangr wrote:
In my opinion you should do that simple player-player trade even if it slowed down the overall progress a little.

I disagree. The current party-drop-trading is working fine for closed beta. Shouldn't need an interim solution for the near future.

agreed
"I prefer to Deal Death from the Shadows"
Need a true in-game trading system. Can't think of another ARPG where you have to party up, go outside of town, do a mutual drop, and hope both parties are trustworthy in order to make a trade. Or give stuff to a friend. This should be a priority, game feels like a step backwards without it.

That said, the ability to make trades outside of game would be nice. I think most are assuming this would include an auction house of sorts in-game, so players in-game could trade with players in or out of game.
Last edited by Stormreaver on Apr 2, 2012, 10:33:29 PM
I'm going to combine another idea posted elsewhere with trading...

A mail system where you can send items would be nice. You could send things and messages while someone else was offline. Needs a limit though else people will just use it as infinite storage.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Well, that post above about a mail system caused
me to find a reason to post.

On the subject of the trading system, as long
as the final product allows for in game trading
with a secure method as well, I'd say do it right
and not bother with interim fooling around for closed
beta.

Mail system. Yah that would be great too but perhaps
totally unneeded given their web site integration idea.

If implemented they will have to do measures
to block spammers. We who were there knew what
happened in Blizzards WoW and other games with
mail systems.

The best systems use filters to block em but
then that has to be maintained else the spammers
find ways around all that.

Also, the /ignore system would also have to block
these people. Anyone on the ignore list should be blocked
from all contact. Period.

Oh, one final addition. A method to /report for abuse reasons would be highly desirable so as to flag
such person for investigation.
/report (with reason added either by fixed box choice or freestyle by person reporting)
CliffH raved: maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button. FUNNY!
Last edited by Buzi on Apr 13, 2012, 1:11:09 PM
While the trading outside of game feature is great, trading within the game is without a doubt still a necessity.

So I do not consider the "interim" solution to be a waste of time, as it allows trading in game without worrying about dishonest players. Leave the feature IN the game, even after the release of the web based trading system. Reason for this is blatantly obvious. It allows a convenient way to trade in game safely! Removing features for a game to be replaced by another that doesn't fill the same niche is just a bad idea.
Due the timezones its difficult to arrange a ingame trading if you initiate the trading with the forum.
So this forum trading will be very usefull for all because you reach more ppl.

An ingame trading is nice but it also takes time and a huge drawback is that you can't compare other offers.
Especially if the game goes public and the chat is like 100 times more flooded.

Right now in the closed beta the trading is small and good enough but not for release.
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Due the timezones its difficult to arrange a ingame trading if you initiate the trading with the forum.
So this forum trading will be very usefull for all because you reach more ppl.

An ingame trading is nice but it also takes time and a huge drawback is that you can't compare other offers.
Especially if the game goes public and the chat is like 100 times more flooded.

Right now in the closed beta the trading is small and good enough but not for release.

I am not saying in any way that they should ONLY implement ingame trading.

Re-read my post.

What I stated was, After they have implemented the Ingame Trading system, KEEP IT, AND implement the next stage, the trade outside of game.

Seriously, All I'm saying is, don't remove the "Interim" Solution after the implementation of the final solution.

WHY would ANYONE disagree with this??
My gut feeling is that its a simple matter of cost effectiveness. Implementing trades on the website has got to be a lot cheaper to do that doing the same in-game.

Which of course doesn't mean we'd never see trading in-game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info