[Sept 18] Player-player Trading

"
Kabraxis wrote:
Trading via specially created, ergonomic (item linking) and semi-automatic browser-based AH/trading post with buy and sell orders is defintely GREAT IDEA.

This may be good in beta now (personally i think its tolerable but extremely annoying sometimes) but not when game launches to Open Beta.

double ack.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
My vote is for you working on the FINAL trading system and don't waste time on the iterim one. This is just a beta and if you are working on the proper fix, then that should be good enough. People should realize that this is not the final game and not expect things to be perfect at this point in time.

i hope this upgrade will include any currency
Will there be an auction option in the trade system.
"
dust7 wrote:
Why can't we have trading over the website AND a player to player trade interface ingame?

First I hope they worry about the website, I would like to play the game, go to town and "mail" an item to a friend without having to ALT-TAB to web-browser and trade that way... pain in my neck! lol

I would like to see the website trading ASAP... so we can have MORE FEATURES SOONER!
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
One of the rules of game design (and design in general) states that - a feature in a product is good enough since the moment it allows the users to achieve their goals -

that means that the "create server with password / drop on the ground" trade provides the basic functionality required for the moment; However it is far from good, reliable or to represent a new step in evolution but since you announced that it will be redesigned entirely it is for the best to just let it like this for a while.

Analyzing the games that are out here on the market or that are to come the action house system which does not require the user to be online 100% is the best. Its improvement is to have it controlled from a browser interface. The sell via Forum is not an improvement, is a downgrade with extra development which will not be appreciated by casual players who just want to buy an Axe now, not later, not after browsing a forum.

In the case of very rare/expensive items the hardcore players will create posts by their own, the only tool required is this forum with a special section for trades.

Another aspect I would like to point out is the anti-bots protection. From a programmer's point of view is next to useless. If I want to make a bot to do something for me I do not care if it takes 1 day or 1 week. I will work. Rather focus on the exploits of item duplication techniques or scamming. A report bots tool is good enough for the community to report those programs + that is dynamic. I bet on 1 beer that any scripted rules can be bypassed faster than you can develop them.

The trading by itself also needs to exist and it would be cool to be possible via the website. However, again, don't expect the casual player to go on the forum and look for an item/post. The player-to-player trading system it is to be used for instant transactions in-game.

A hybrid system between Auction House and player-to-player trade is next to useless in my opinion. I can't find a reason for it but I am open to opinions.

A "today" 's game without AH and player-to-player trade it does not feel feature complete for the new generation.

In the end, business is business, either make it good or drop'it. The half scenarios have failed always.

The last argument would be that now the community clearly plays because they are interested, later, after release or in the last stages of the beta more casual players will kick in and those are the real targets, not us.
For closed beta purposes: Do not bother with an interim solution. Drop trading is fine for a close community.

For open beta: DO NOT GO TO OPEN BETA WITHOUT A SECURE TRADING SYSTEM! If this means shifting development priotities towards this functionality or delaying the switch to open beta for a while, then that it what must be done.
Not having a proper player to player trade system is definitely a deal-breaker for many players. As we all know, open beta for a F2P game is essentially a launch and first impressons. You simply cannot afford to turn players off by allowing them a first impression of the game as "the developers don't think trading is important"

I'm in no hurry to have it now, but this is an absolute imperative before moving to open testing.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Are we going to sell currency items just like normal items? Would there be a special currency exchange market?

Open beta without secure trading is fine, final release without it is wrong.
Есть один путь - найух!
"
muxecoid wrote:
Are we going to sell currency items just like normal items? Would there be a special currency exchange market?

Open beta without secure trading is fine, final release without it is wrong.

Open beta is like final release for 90% of the players.
I agree with SettlersXp.

For this small community of closed beta players, the drop trade is good enough. For Hardcore players, a small forum sections sometimes cleaned up is all they need.

But for open Beta and soon release, we need a more common system like SettlersXp explained.

Well the good thing on a non common trading system is less trading and lower progress for the majority.

Good thing on a common trading is more trading and more use of currency items.

So what now? Anarchy? :P

English is my third language, there will be bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info