What's Being Kept from Rampage/Beyond?

When Rampage/Beyond end will the cost of their map mod for zana's map device be lowered? 3 Ex to play rampage is a little crazy pay all the currency i've got playing solo/self found for a year for 15 mins of map...
Last edited by Xales on Nov 19, 2014, 6:11:08 AM
"
diffor wrote:
Why aren't the masters' reputations from temp and perma leagues added together at the end? Players who grind in both the perma and temp leagues for masters (played in rampage for 1 month, found it boring, then migrated back to standard) will lose their progress gained/time spent on masters in one of the leagues after merge. Sounds kinda unreasonable don't you think?

Technical reasons I'd guess.
"
Sa_Re wrote:
"
diffor wrote:
Why aren't the masters' reputations from temp and perma leagues added together at the end? Players who grind in both the perma and temp leagues for masters (played in rampage for 1 month, found it boring, then migrated back to standard) will lose their progress gained/time spent on masters in one of the leagues after merge. Sounds kinda unreasonable don't you think?

Technical reasons I'd guess.

Like what, seriously? Not being able to add two numbers? :P

If decoration favour can be added, then there is no reason rep cant.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Beyond portals and demons won't be making their way into the core game in an always-on way.

Thank the lords of Cobol!

From my perspective, Beyond league ending is the best thing about it and those beyond creatures not transferring over to hardcore is a 'hallelujah' moment!

I do occasionaly ponder, however, as to how GGG got this so wrong. For me, one small change could have made a significant difference to my perception of Beyond and, ultimately, my enjoyment of it: reduce the spawn rate of the portals.

Didn't happen though (well, technically it did but not that you'd notice) so I suppose GGG knows best.

Anyway, Adiós Beyond and good riddance!
Leave Untainted Paradise as it is for Standard, but change it for races? Why take away fun if it doesn't hurt?
My feedback on challenge leagues: stop ruining Standard and implement these features on every league (at the same time). These features don't need testing. You can nerf these features at the end of challenge leagues (for the next set of challenge leagues) even if they're implemented on permanent leagues. "All" items end up on Standard, so it doesn't matter if things are not balanced on Standard for a few months. Every person playing on Standard would be happy to have these features and wouldn't mind if the balance would be a little off.
With exclusive features on challenge leagues it's not worth it to play on Standard. These features make challenge leagues more profitable and fun. These features almost always make getting items easier, especially on the softcore challenge leagues. Faster clear speed with Rampage bonuses, more items/maps with lockboxes, more loot from exiles, more monsters from shrines. Challenge leagues should be about competing on a new ladder and completing achievements. You shouldn't force us to play on challenge leagues by making playing on them more profitable and fun.
Look at strongboxes; Cratographers gave us much more maps, casual players could run higher level maps and it was fun. But you held back this feature for 4 months on Standard, and Standard players couldn't really experience them ever because you nerfed them to the ground at the end of 4 months. And during those 4 months why would people run maps on Standard; it was much better on the challenge league. At the end of the 4 months the prices of maps dropped on Standard, because every map from the challenge league got to Standard. "Unbalanced" features affect Standard anyways, you shouldn't worry about "testing" them on Standard. Ambush was the worst challenge league. Not because the strongboxes were unbalanced; strongboxes are great. But because of the lack of strongoxes on Standard. Other challenge leagues weren't that bad, because the changes were smaller. But still. Onslaught was the best challenge league.
Last edited by petden on Nov 19, 2014, 9:52:49 AM
"
Soranor wrote:
Leave Untainted Paradise as it is for Standard, but change it for races? Why take away fun if it doesn't hurt?

he didn't say that the untainted map makes it to the permanent leagues.

looking back i really liked rampage and the adrenalin rush it gave to solo play and especially parties where the challenge was to move strategically to keep the mode alive. maybe more people would have liked it when the mode would have added to the quantity/rarity of drops.

i tried beyound but watching my kill speed so i don't accidentally trigger my own death wasn't exactly my thing.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
in the future (or past)

timetraveling expansion confirmed
warlords of wraeclast
All is good but for the love of all the gods if you are going to add rampage and beyond as Zana mod increase the number of high level map tileset. So tired of Ship-Shrine-Palace-Court. At least 1-2 new tilesets would make me want to play more maps and try more Zana mods. Don't make us wait until act 4.
Good thing I've kept all 3 Rampage gloves in my stash.
Another quality ZAP! post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info