Let's talk about Dual Wielding...

"
kolp wrote:
My dream claw is a tiger's paw, T1 elemental rolls for the 3 prefixes, max ias (27%), and for the last 2 suffixes +60% mana regen (of nirvana) and +5 lgoh (of nourishment).

The things that I could do with a claw like that...2 claws like that...

Another idea for you. If you are running wrath and anger, why not skip the cold damage roll on your weapon and get increased elemental damage instead?
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
My dream claw is a tiger's paw, T1 elemental rolls for the 3 prefixes, max ias (27%), and for the last 2 suffixes +60% mana regen (of nirvana) and +5 lgoh (of nourishment).

Another idea for you. If you are running wrath and anger, why not skip the cold damage roll on your weapon and get increased elemental damage instead?

That's actually a really good idea. I need to craft another one eventually, so i'll try it. Anyone smarter than me out there that can say whether 30-36% WED on a weapon would beat out, say 30-60 flat cold damage?

I have a feeling it's going to be like the "Why do ppl take Oaks reward" thread. Which is better, % boost or flat boost...? probably depends on your values of each and at any given snapshot of your char, one or the other could be more beneficial.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

My claw now btw (went for the light res to cancel out lightning coil penalty):

Sadly there are about 10,000+ 1hand physical rares that beat it out.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jun 12, 2014, 3:42:04 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
Yeah, I wanted to post something similar to this yesterday but forgot. 2 handers could definitely use a boost, but as mentioned above they have access to 2 6L or kaoms. DW still worse off.

1hander and shield is just the better option atm.

No offense mate, but the "2-handers can get 2x 6-links" is really worn out and a very bad argument to put 2-handers where they are at now.

1) acquiring a 6-link takes tremendous efforts and is never guaranteed, lol let alone 2 of them.

2) having 2x 6-links is futile at best in PoE, if anything it's a bit of extra paper dps on your single target, hardly relevant since this game focuses almost all efforts on screen wide AOE clear speed.

Just saying, i always face-palm when i see this logic to "justify" where 2-handers are at.

Peace and no offense kolp not entirely directed at you, just saying my opinion,

-Boem-

No offense taken, that's why we have these forums, to come together and discuss!

But yes, I see your point now, that the 2nd 6L isn't really all that helpful in most cases. I was thinking of some crazy 6L CWDT setup, or Tempest Shield supported by 5 support gems. I guess that could be strong, but no one does that because it would reserve so much mana lol.

It's wrong to drag 2hand into this conversation then I see, and I do agree with the points you bring up!
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:

66+115=181
181*.36=65.16

On just the weapon values you are coming out about even.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:

libel
[lahy-buhl]
noun
1. Law.
a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b. the act or crime of publishing it.

defame
[dih-feym]
verb (used with object), defamed, defaming.
1. to attack the good name or reputation of, as by uttering or publishing maliciously or falsely anything injurious; slander or libel

Trying to look smart, always nice to see.

Thank you for proving that I'm wrong with my claim.
Here's some perspective for you devs:

I'm leveling an ele claw build, Lvl 84 atm.

Out of the ~40 claw passives on the tree, I've taken zero. None. They're all physical.

Out of the ~50 DW passives on the tree, I took 5. A couple block and attack speed nodes.

See a pattern?
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jun 12, 2014, 10:38:15 PM
"
kolp wrote:
Here's some perspective for you devs:

I'm leveling an ele claw build, Lvl 84 atm.

Out of the ~40 claw passives on the tree, I've taken zero. None. They're all physical.

Out of the ~50 DW passives on the tree, I took 5. A couple block and attack speed nodes.

See a pattern?

You aren't playing scion or templar. ^-^
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
kolp wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:
"
kolp wrote:

That's actually a really good idea. I need to craft another one eventually, so i'll try it. Anyone smarter than me out there that can say whether 30-36% WED on a weapon would beat out, say 30-60 flat cold damage?

I have a feeling it's going to be like the "Why do ppl take Oaks reward" thread. Which is better, % boost or flat boost...? probably depends on your values of each and at any given snapshot of your char, one or the other could be more beneficial.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

My claw now btw (went for the light res to cancel out lightning coil penalty):

Sadly there are about 10,000+ 1hand physical rares that beat it out.

Hey Kolp, this is Pacman from your reddit thread earlier today. Regarding the % vs flat, it's like everything else in the game, it depends. If you already have around 200-300% increased, then you would probably be better off with the flat roll, if however you're not finding that much % from tree/gear and instead have around the 100-150% range you would probably be better off getting the % increase. I'm way too tired to actually do the math, but depending on your aura passives you may also end up always being better going for WED%+2 flat rolls just due to scaling on your aura's flat damage.

If I was going to craft them I would probably aim for WED%+flat rolls mainly because I think it might free up some passives to enable more health/block nodes by not needing quite as much WED in the tree. Just some things to consider.
A few pages back people were going over some points I already addressed earlier in the thread, so I'll just restate them:

This change was beyond awesome for my Glacial Hammer build, which uses Doryani's Catalyst on the main hand and Prismatic Eclipse (RRR with a corrupted cold life leech mod) as an offhand stat stick.

Thanks to the Duelist's proximity to the Dervish cluster, Prismatic Eclipse and Ungil's Gauche are as good as shields with regards to block, while at the same time being insane for damage potential.

So there are builds out there that, before the change might have preferred shields as a close preference or a toss up, whereas after the change dual wielding becomes a much, much better option.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Physical DW, you need to address it.

And yes, I do agree with you, now we get 30% more DPS when DW, but only in physical variant, which is my thing.

The problem lies in the skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info