Let's talk about Dual Wielding...

"
Poutsos wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:
Dual wield has more defense than 2 handers. Why don't people complain more about 2 handed builds?

I am fine with my defense as a dual wielder at the moment. I can solo Kole, Piety, Chaska (sp), Dominus. I've done random maps but maps aren't really my interest. After I get a few more levels I am doing an Atziri attempt. I guess that will be a good test.

I made my dual wielder after the buff. So far it is one of my favorite characters. Perhaps I am looking at everythinger through rose tinted glasses.

2 handed builds have 2 potential 6 links,or 1 6L and a kaoms.That puts far above dual weild overall.That being said they are still crap compared to one handed+shield.

Curently(like always) there are 2 viable melee builds for end game
1)dagger or claw critical build + shield
2)soul taker or insane sword with reave nad resolute technique + max block(oreferably with aegis aurora).

1. has better clear speed,and can do better against atziri,while 2. can get you easier,safer to 100.Sure u can make it to 100 with 2 handers,or dual weilding i guess,but these are extreme case and they are the exception.

Yeah, I wanted to post something similar to this yesterday but forgot. 2 handers could definitely use a boost, but as mentioned above they have access to 2 6L or kaoms. DW still worse off.

1hander and shield is just the better option atm.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:
Just throwing an idea out there.

Elemental double strike. Off hand with weapon elemental damage prefix. Maybe dagger main hand for super critical strike chance. Claw off hand for life gain on hit.

Insane damage boost.
You can also get that elemental damage on a shield, just a tip.

You can get more elemental damage on a weapon than on Aegis. You also get 10% more attack speed and up to 20 life gain on hit.
<3 Free Tibet <3
My dream claw is a tiger's paw, T1 elemental rolls for the 3 prefixes, max ias (27%), and for the last 2 suffixes +60% mana regen (of nirvana) and +5 lgoh (of nourishment).

The things that I could do with a claw like that...2 claws like that...
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jun 11, 2014, 8:55:56 AM
"
Opinionated wrote:

You can get more elemental damage on a weapon than on Aegis. You also get 10% more attack speed and up to 20 life gain on hit.

It's less than 20 increased elemental damage, that's almost a non-existent damage boost, even with 10% more attack speed.
That's basically 10% more DPS and the loss of incredible amount of survivability, which is exactly the point discussed here.

Dual wielding is just for the looks (at least elemental now, since the physical buff).
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:

It's less than 20 increased elemental damage, that's almost a non-existent damage boost, even with 10% more attack speed.
That's basically 10% more DPS and the loss of incredible amount of survivability, which is exactly the point discussed here.

Dual wielding is just for the looks (at least elemental now, since the physical buff).

So something that has no interaction with your build gets buffed and all of a sudden your build is broke?
You are such a negative nancy. Tell me about this incredible amount of survivability Aegis offers to life or evasion builds. If this is the best you can come up with, I am calling my build idea a success.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:

So something that has no interaction with your build gets buffed and all of a sudden your build is broke?
You are such a negative nancy. Tell me about this incredible amount of survivability Aegis offers to life or evasion builds. If this is the best you can come up with, I am calling my build idea a success.

My build? Who the hell mentioned anything about that?

You shouldn't assume things things and accuse me being a negative nancy, you're embarrassing yourself.
I've never play any kind of elemental build, ever, let alone said that "my build" is broke(n).

Aegis was mentioned purely because of the one mod, the increased WED, don't derail further.

Unbelievable.
Last edited by tinko92 on Jun 11, 2014, 1:23:47 PM
"
tinko92 wrote:

You shouldn't assume things things and accuse me being a negative nancy, you're embarrassing yourself.
I've never play any kind of elemental build, ever, let alone said that "my build" is broke(n).

"
tinko92 wrote:

Thank you for commenting on the viability of builds with 0 experience.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
kolp wrote:
Yeah, I wanted to post something similar to this yesterday but forgot. 2 handers could definitely use a boost, but as mentioned above they have access to 2 6L or kaoms. DW still worse off.

1hander and shield is just the better option atm.

No offense mate, but the "2-handers can get 2x 6-links" is really worn out and a very bad argument to put 2-handers where they are at now.

1) acquiring a 6-link takes tremendous efforts and is never guaranteed, lol let alone 2 of them.

2) having 2x 6-links is futile at best in PoE, if anything it's a bit of extra paper dps on your single target, hardly relevant since this game focuses almost all efforts on screen wide AOE clear speed.

Just saying, i always face-palm when i see this logic to "justify" where 2-handers are at.

Peace and no offense kolp not entirely directed at you, just saying my opinion,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Opinionated wrote:

Since when is my own experience needed for that?

"
Boem wrote:
No offense mate, but the "2-handers can get 2x 6-links" is really worn out and a very bad argument to put 2-handers where they are at now.

1) acquiring a 6-link takes tremendous efforts and is never guaranteed, lol let alone 2 of them.

2) having 2x 6-links is futile at best in PoE, if anything it's a bit of extra paper dps on your single target, hardly relevant since this game focuses almost all efforts on screen wide AOE clear speed.

Just saying, i always face-palm when i see this logic to "justify" where 2-handers are at.

Peace and no offense kolp not entirely directed at you, just saying my opinion,

-Boem-

Agreed, the 2x6L is not an argument at all. Plus, a Kaom's instead of 6L is the way to go, at least for life based characters.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:

Since when is my own experience needed for that?

libel
[lahy-buhl]
noun
1. Law.
a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b. the act or crime of publishing it.

defame
[dih-feym]
verb (used with object), defamed, defaming.
1. to attack the good name or reputation of, as by uttering or publishing maliciously or falsely anything injurious; slander or libel
<3 Free Tibet <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info