Let's talk about Dual Wielding...

"
raics wrote:
Nothing.

How disappointing. Hopefully it's one of the unannounced changes GGG is saving for the big 2.0 patch day.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Nothing.

How disappointing. Hopefully it's one of the unannounced changes GGG is saving for the big 2.0 patch day.

Sorry, is something wrong with dual weilding?
"
Dodgydave wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
"
raics wrote:
Nothing.

Sorry, is something wrong with dual weilding?

No, equipping 2 weapons and clicking on an enemy functions just as the devs intend I guess. Regardless of build or skill gem. Thx for your input.
-Anubis Hotep
I read your first post and while I agree with your assessment that dual wielding characters should be fast and agile, I guess I don't understand how they currently can't be.

My main toon is a dual claw evaision based shadow. I don't have the exact stats on me but approx 50% evade without running grace, 46% dodge, plus block and spell dodge, good movement speed, over 9 attacks per second and 40k+ AOE damage.

Not amazing but I don't know what I would want "buffed".

As for casters, I haven't played a dual wield caster to end game because they seem understandably quite squishy. However, I would think that's how it should be when you give up a shield and the damage output has always seemed considerable so not sure that would need buffing.

I do agree that it would be nice if there were more skills that used both weapons at once rather than alternating but other than that I wouldn't have any complaints and can't see how the whole dual wield concept needs buffing as I think you are suggesting.

If I have that wrong and you were suggesting something else entirely then I apologise.
Bump. Was hoping Ascendancy would address some of the issues with DW. Oh well.

There's currently a discussion on reddit about the sad state of this mechanic if anyone is interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4cjip6/dual_wielding_i_honestly_think_dual_wielding/
-Anubis Hotep
Bump.

I will never forget you DW thread. I will bump you ahead of any, ANY major patch in hopes that some Dev takes notice.

#dualwieldmatters
-Anubis Hotep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info